Holiday Raffle and Facility Wiki

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Holiday Raffle!
This year, the fine lad who runs 08Left has donated a gift for what has become our annual giveaway! ??
The winner can select a 12x18 poster print of their choice. There are a ton of options available; even 08Left has some nice ones that almost make seem like a decent place. Get one for yourself, give it away as a retirement/transfer gift, or use it to create a shrine ? ? ? to the NCEPT gods in hopes of being selected to your facility of choice.

ATL.pngI90.pngMAF.pngMSP.pngTPA.jpgZLA.png

You can enter the raffle by entering your username at this link: Giveaway | Rafflecopter :)

Entries will be accepted from midnight tonight (Dec 13) until the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve (Dec 24th for you heathens), central time. So if you want to give it as a present, Christmas won't work, but it could make a strong President's day gift.

Wiki Facility Pages
The migration from the resources section to the wiki section for the facilities is pretty much done, and the pages are open for contribution. Any registered user can contribute. There are a couple low-level filters to prevent potential spam accounts from making edits, so if you aren't selling Keto supplements or a Nigerian prince, and you can't make edits, just let a staff member know.

The idea behind the wiki content is sort of like a facility info guide. All the things you'd want to know if you were going to move there and other facility/area information. It's open ended, but the info should be factual (no editorializing please...) and fairly static (not something that rapidly changes). Some ideas are operational layouts, position descriptions, local area information, 508 consolidation status, historical or projected traffic count, attaching facility specific files (things like N90 CIP MOU, ZUA return rights; not operational info like SOPs) etc... Information which changes frequently and should not be included would be things like number of current trainees.

Examples
✅ Average training times at MKE are X months in the tower and Y months in the TRACON.
❌ I was told MKE was a feeder facility to MSP and now I'm stuck here for eternity. 0/10 would not recommend.

Editing the page is just like editing a post for the most part. There are placeholder headings on each page, so just put the text in there. Information inside [template] tags shouldn't be touched, nor should the layout of those tags. If you want to contribute but don't want to mess with the formatting, just post the info in the attached discussion thread, and tag one of the wiki editors, and we'll incorporate it.

I think this section of the site has a lot of potential, so I hope lots of you contribute.

En Route Study Guide
One final note, the en route guide is finally complete and will be available shortly. I feel like there's a lot of material for only learning to ask for ride reports and issue altimeters ?. As a little Christmas bonus, anyone who has only basics access will be upgraded to have access to both, as the basics only option is going away.

???Happy Holidays! ??

Last edited:
I would just like to say the MAF 18x24 looks fantastic on my wall and I cry every night I look at it

Regarding the new wiki, will facility orientation guides be linked like they were/are on the old Resources page? Or am I not seeing them?

Regarding the new wiki, will facility orientation guides be linked like they were/are on the old Resources page? Or am I not seeing them?
Probably not. Not every fac has them and the ones that do are always outdated. The wiki is designed to replace those anyway.

Congrats to Christopher O'Brien for winning the 08Left giveaway!
Thanks to all who entered. There were a lot of entries, so theres definitely interest out there for these items. If anyone decides to buy something, please consider using any link from this site to get to 08left, as it helps with our affiliate standing, and maybe I can get them to send more free stuff ?

Back
Top Bottom