How to get out of NATCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaatc2020

I want to get out of NATCA. Do I have to wait January to have them stop taking dues money out of my check or can I submit my 1188 now and have them stop taking the money out now? I have heard conflicting answers.

Apparently I'm in the minority. I don't give a crap if you're in the Union or not or what your reasoning is. I just want the best trainees to certify. Not teaching someone the best technique because they aren't in the union is petty and dangerous. The end result is making that controller less successful and someone you don't want sitting next to you in the control room.

That being said, as a trainee I wouldn't quit the union either.
Probably depends on your facility. Some are 100% NATCA and others have large percentages of CPCs that could be your trainer that aren’t

Back in the day it was career suicide to not be in the union as a trainee, to some extent and in some places maybe it still is. But not to the extent it was, the younger generation generally does not care nearly as much. I’m still skeptical that the OP and “several” others at the facility will drop out of NATCA though. Every time there are mass threats of that it never happen at all.

Most people are still under the impression that you can only drop out in January so we will see. Maybe it will be different this year as more people say they are pissed after another year of NCEPT frustration, the training delays, a few nut cases literally don’t think NATCA is doing enough to protect them vs Covid, etc.... The X factor could be a lot of former military controllers, country boys, and heavy pro-police people dropping out due the extreme leftists NATCA stance took this year, but even considering all that I doubt they see significant defections in January.

Edit: most controllers I know, including myself, will do the bare minimum in training someone, wouldn’t stick up for you in a TRB, won’t teach you their better techniques, will withhold a recommend, etc. if you’re a controller who’s not in NATCA.
Take your “brother” shit and shove it. I am a NATCA member and most likely always will be. But the attitude of your statement is the biggest bullshit that NATCA is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom