KHWO - North Perry Airport

zy

Three openings, 4 runways. Parallel perpendiculars. 5 flight schools 170k ops. Every banner tower in South Florida. Guys making 120k with overtime. Fully staffed which it hasn't been for four years, back then the average was about $95-$100k. $37 an hour base which includes the "2.56 money". No state income tax. 80% wash out rate. Probably the hardest facility of all GA only contract facilities. If you want to get shit kicking experience then apply, if you're scared of working busy traffic or want a cupcake tower don't even try.

Last edited:
Do you work there currently? Seems like a shit ton of parallel pattern work with smalls and an occasional small+ thrown in? Any insight beyond that? Thanks!

You can have two patterns to the runway with helicopter patterns that butterfly left or right traffic from the center field helo spots. Plus have banner towers running their pattern in the banner field that runs parallel to the runways what setup the airfield is on for the winds. So you'll have 4 controlled patterns plus banner towers in and out along with all of your inbound outbounds and helicopter traffic in and out in directions crossing everything. 3000' and airborne all day. Lots of immediate departures traffic short final, and short final is shorrrt final...half mile or less. Back in the day I was there.

You can have two patterns to the runway with helicopter patterns that butterfly left or right traffic from the center field helo spots. Plus have banner towers running their pattern in the banner field that runs parallel to the runways what setup the airfield is on for the winds. So you'll have 4 controlled patterns plus banner towers in and out along with all of your inbound outbounds and helicopter traffic in and out in directions crossing everything. 3000' and airborne all day. Lots of immediate departures traffic short final, and short final is shorrrt final...half mile or less. Back in the day I was there.

That sounds like fun. If I were closer to separation I would apply just for the ass kicking. We have similar ops but to a MUCH lesser degree (runway, parallel landing lane for helos, and banner tows).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom