Kitchen Facilities

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
Question for all you FAA controllers out there. We are having an issue at my facility with Tech Ops and our kitchen facilities. We used to have a contract company that had a gourmet kitchen to use. The company has since left and will not be replaced. All of the kitchen equipment was turned off and is slowly being removed. Tech Ops wants to convert it into offices.

We are a level 12 tracon with 80-90 controllers... 22-ish a shift. Plus all of our support staff and management. Tech Ops is the ground floor. As far as "kitchen facilities" we have two fridges, two microwaves, and two toasters on the same floor as the operation. Downstairs there is an additional fridge, three microwaves, and a mini sink.

I think this is ridiculous. We have no stove, no oven, we wait in line to heat up food, we battle for fridge space, no dishwasher and no full sized sink.

What does your facility have? How many employees are there? What level are you?

Question for all you FAA controllers out there. We are having an issue at my facility with Tech Ops and our kitchen facilities. We used to have a contract company that had a gourmet kitchen to use. The company has since left and will not be replaced. All of the kitchen equipment was turned off and is slowly being removed. Tech Ops wants to convert it into offices.

We are a level 12 tracon with 80-90 controllers... 22-ish a shift. Plus all of our support staff and management. Tech Ops is the ground floor. As far as "kitchen facilities" we have two fridges, two microwaves, and two toasters on the same floor as the operation. Downstairs there is an additional fridge, three microwaves, and a mini sink.

I think this is ridiculous. We have no stove, no oven, we wait in line to heat up food, we battle for fridge space, no dishwasher and no full sized sink.

We are a level 6 up/down. 25ish controllers. 10 or so Techops and 5-7 management personnel.

Our facility was built in 2014. We have stainless steel stove, 2 stainless steel refrigerators. An additional NATCA only fridge. 2 microwaves, a toaster oven and a dishwasher.

Oh and a mini fridge in the tower.

Not too shabby.

Level 8 up/down 26 cpc 6-10 a shift with trainees, 5-7 tech ops 5 management personnel.

3 Fridge although 1 is snack fund
Gas stove
2 ovens
2 sinks
1 dish washer
2 microwaves down
1 toaster. All down stairs.

Tower break room
Fridge
Microwave
Oven/stove
And mini fridge and microwave in tower...

There's a document out there that says exactly what must be provided by the agency (not joking: it gives a personnel to coffee pot ratio :coffee:). I thought it was in the cba but I didn't see it. Might be in an MOU.

Quick, everyone pull your D01 bids. All of you. Place stinks. Do it now. ;)

There's a document out there that says exactly what must be provided by the agency (not joking: it gives a personnel to coffee pot ratio :coffee:). I thought it was in the cba but I didn't see it. Might be in an MOU.
Hmmm I will have to look for this...

Back
Top Bottom