Kobe Crash and FAA Being Sued

Company trying to cover its exposure. Unless there's some unreleased info from the NTSB, this suit won't go anywhere.

Looks like it’s removed now. Does it matter though? Court documents are public. You’d think the defendant would just be the faa though
It is. An individual can't be liable when representing the gov't except in some very limited circumstances. They may be named, but they wouldn't be on the hook for anything.

True. Like 32 referenced though, really sucks for the 2 guys that were on position that day. Not only did they have to deal with a loss of life incident, now they’ve gotta live in fear some sleazebag reporter is gonna leak their name and they’re gonna have to go into witness protection. That’s rough.
Dude, nobody has the balls to do a thing if “somebody leaked their names”. Society is a bunch of rolled over pussies who’s lives are too good watching Netflix and sitting in their air conditioning to care to take a stand on anything much less carry out a revenge killing, if it wasn’t we wouldn’t have to wear masks to go to the fucking store.

Dude, nobody has the balls to do a thing if “somebody leaked their names”. Society is a bunch of rolled over pussies who’s lives are too good watching Netflix and sitting in their air conditioning to care to take a stand on anything much less carry out a revenge killing, if it wasn’t we wouldn’t have to wear masks to go to the fucking store.

Yeah. Now back in the day when people weren't such pussies, people were willing to kill controllers. Better make that vector a good one.

Kaloyev was convicted in October 2005 of stabbing to death Peter Nielsen, an air-traffic controller with the Swiss company Skyguide

Yeah. Now back in the day when people weren't such pussies, people were willing to kill controllers. Better make that vector a good one.

Kaloyev was convicted in October 2005 of stabbing to death Peter Nielsen, an air-traffic controller with the Swiss company Skyguide

Those were the good old days alright (not because a controller died but before people were pussies).

Company trying to cover its exposure. Unless there's some unreleased info from the NTSB, this suit won't go anywhere.

It is. An individual can't be liable when representing the gov't except in some very limited circumstances. They may be named, but they wouldn't be on the hook for anything.
They can’t be legally liable, but doesn’t stop them from being public targets in reality

The pilot was IFR qualified and equipped.

I don’t believe the pilot was IFR certified, but I could be wrong on that. But I do know the company did not authorize IFR operations.

The publicly available NTSB docs have the names of 2 controllers from SCT, and 1 each from BUR and VNY.

“These errors were compounded by ***** monopolizing the Pilot’s attention during the critical phase of the flight by making multiple radio calls, requiring transponder ident, and requesting the Pilot to state where he was and what his intentions were,” the cross-complaint said. “The combination of increased stress, workload, and distraction significantly impacted the Pilot’s ability to fly the aircraft.”

What happens when the legal team doesn't understand what they're talking about...
This will easily get the FAA to win the case.

§ 91.3 Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.
(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

(b) In an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot in command may deviate from any rule of this part to the extent required to meet that emergency.

(c) Each pilot in command who deviates from a rule under paragraph (b) of this section shall, upon the request of the Administrator, send a written report of that deviation to the Administrator.

This will easily get the FAA to win the case.

§ 91.3 Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.
(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

(b) In an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot in command may deviate from any rule of this part to the extent required to meet that emergency.

(c) Each pilot in command who deviates from a rule under paragraph (b) of this section shall, upon the request of the Administrator, send a written report of that deviation to the Administrator.

Yeah, the bad part is people are just gonna assume those controllers killed them.

Ya not like this country has been embroiled in protests for the past 90 days or so over some dude they didn't know getting murdered by some cop they don't know either, but hey ya I know that's crazy talk.

Don't take your (or my) inaction on anything for inability for others to do so.

P
Ya not like this country has been embroiled in protests for the past 90 days or so over some dude they didn't know getting murdered by some cop they don't know either, but hey ya I know that's crazy talk.

Don't take your (or my) inaction on anything for inability for others to do so.
just life in trumps America

Looks like NATCA got the press to edit the articles and remove the names.
The fact that the papers even published the names Of controllers based on mere allegations are More proof that most “journalists” are nothing more than self serving scum peddling embellished, cherry-picked stories Presented for maximum shock in exchange for ad revenue. As a professional class they seem to have little integrity or morals, a few examples to the contrary.

I guess Really nothing has changed at all going all the way back to The days of Walter Duranty putting out actual Soviet propaganda as “news”. The fact the powers that be refused to revoke his Pulitzer for fear of sullying the award is telling.

Not as bad as Oakland Raider fans tho lol
Usually they’re one in the same...Dodgers fans, too. Y’know, the ones that beat a Giants fan within an inch of his life in front of his son just because he was a Giants fan...don’t discount the putridity that are Los Angelinos.

source: born and raised in LA.

I don’t believe the pilot was IFR certified, but I could be wrong on that. But I do know the company did not authorize IFR operations.

The publicly available NTSB docs have the names of 2 controllers from SCT, and 1 each from BUR and VNY.

He was IFR certified and and instructor at that. You can just search his name in the airmen database.

He was IFR certified and and instructor at that. You can just search his name in the airmen database.

Yes that is right, but the company doesn’t authorize IFR flight which is probably why he never asked for a clearance. Not that it would have helped by that point, you can get disoriented whether you’re on a clearance or not.

Back
Top Bottom