Leaving NATCA outside January

Imagine if you went from an ARTS II to ERAM. It’s like moving 200 years into the future. And ERAM is outdated too
JetBlue CEO is right and our equipment is outdated. STARS is like 1985 equipment. Boggles my fkn mind how the govt spends so much damn money

JetBlue CEO is right and our equipment is outdated. STARS is like 1985 equipment. Boggles my fkn mind how the govt spends so much damn money
Don't worry, they are in the process of spending hundreds of millions of dollars on changing the backend operating system of STARS. But, not actually updating STARS.

I believe (but could be wrong) that your facility then gets represented by outside NATCA leadership. Another facrep or something. You always have a rep somewhere, union or not afaik.
Yes this is correct. The union rep from a close by facility will rep your facility. Ive seen it happen.

giphy.gif

form-sf1188-cancellation-of-payroll-deductions-for-labor-organization-dues_print_big.png

so how many peeps broke the chains of their captivity & quit NATCA? IS there a way to get definitive numbers?

giphy.gif

6 figs annually, OT being given out like a blank check, and not falling under GS pay scale. I'd genuinely like to hear your examples though, I know CBP gets double time for OT and 50% for working Sunday's, i'd definitely be interested in that.
Like blank checks? Man, my facility is stingy as fuck with OT. They rather run understaffed with sectors combined when it’s busy than publish OT to split off scopes

Like blank checks? Man, my facility is stingy as fuck with OT. They rather run understaffed with sectors combined when it’s busy than publish OT to split off scopes
IMHO, If you're a lvl 6 and below, district isn't going to give you enough money to issue OT.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thout OT budget's we're preset and that if you were going over they would just take for another facility.
The ot budget is set ahead of time based on BATS projection and based on past year or years. Any overages are done anyway the district/region/national sees fit. I have not heard of every place doing it consistently the same way. I have heard of one facility not using theirs so in essence that pile of cash becomes another’s facilities pile of cash as you described.

Of course managers skim off the top for their fat bonuses too, because you know they are really living their best life.

Of course managers skim off the top for their fat bonuses too, because you know they are really living their best life.
Oh how wonderful it is to have the ATM come into the area and tell everyone how much money they saved the past couple months in OT. While not realizing the entire area had been working short for months. Because OT is their bonus. And that right there is fucked. Safer operation vs my bonus.

Oh how wonderful it is to have the ATM come into the area and tell everyone how much money they saved the past couple months in OT. While not realizing the entire area had been working short for months. Because OT is their bonus. And that right there is fucked. Safer operation vs my bonus.
This is why we call in OT at every opportunity that management isn’t in the control rooms/cabs. There is no such thing as an OT budget in the sense it will ever run out. The FAA is never going to say “Just close early since we used out budget up”.

Safety is always first until it isn’t. Stripping the operation for safety briefings is the best. Running short for retarded recurrent training with Jammer. And then when we’re critically short staffed and try to reduce the rate for SAFETY, everyone calls and bitches to the district, region, and command center. We get told to deal with it and work with 20% staffing while going without breaks.

I am interested too to see how many people left, I don’t think NATCA is obligated to publish it anytime soon but I’m sure it will come out.

Related to this it seems like NATCA was going balls to the wall the last year to sign up contract towers, which is a little strange as they make no money off contract towers and don’t give a fuck about them.

I think it’s because if 600 real FAA NATCA members for example left this January, and they signed up 300 from contract towers, they can say they “only” lost 300 people (normally it’s about 30 each January).

I am interested too to see how many people left, I don’t think NATCA is obligated to publish it anytime soon but I’m sure it will come out.

Related to this it seems like NATCA was going balls to the wall the last year to sign up contract towers, which is a little strange as they make no money off contract towers and don’t give a fuck about them.

I think it’s because if 600 real FAA NATCA members for example left this January, and they signed up 300 from contract towers, they can say they “only” lost 300 people (normally it’s about 30 each January).
I know of 7 from a facility of 27 that left. Facrep included

Care to share what facility? I'm at a lower level facility and I'm the only one who isn't a member. A couple want to leave but are scared
If they are in training yet or if they want to transfer and there’s an actual shot they can transfer then suggest them staying the course. If they are fine finishing out their career wherever you work I don’t know why they would be scared…
Sounds like plenty are tired of being sheep and are sick of NEB.
Think that February panel was a coincidence…..I’m guessing not with the timing of when 1188 were due by, get people scared and collect another years dues.

Last edited:
Dear NEB, when members say it's you... it's you.

Have heard a total of 52 now former members from two facilities, A80 and ZTL, left in January.

Edit: Should note the number above was passed to me from someone who saw the numbers in paperwork.
Not sure if it’s up to date but 88% and 93% is actually way healthier than I thought considering that Georgia isn’t particularly Union-friendly.
57DDD016-6304-478D-A0D9-C27D79412D54.jpeg
5F5C6C3C-6F3B-4EF2-B7EC-D7463F2347A0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom