Looking for timeline insight

pennaidan

Lurker
Hello,

I am currently a freshman, soon to be a sophomore in college, studying business with a PPL. I am interested in becoming a controller and was wondering if any insight could be shared into what the timeline is currently looking like for class dates and when in my college career it would be best to apply. My eventual goal would be to control at ORD or C90. Although I'm sure that goal is near impossible, if not impossible, any insight into moving up to facilities of that level would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am currently a freshman, soon to be a sophomore in college, studying business with a PPL. I am interested in becoming a controller and was wondering if any insight could be shared into what the timeline is currently looking like for class dates and when in my college career it would be best to apply. My eventual goal would be to control at ORD or C90. Although I'm sure that goal is near impossible, if not impossible, any insight into moving up to facilities of that level would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Look into the FAQ and the NCEPT threads, such things are hard to predict.

Hello,

Thanks.
C90 might be the next place to get a direct hire OTS bid. Just keep browsing USA jobs occasionally but live your life. Even when you get a letter it’s painfully slow process.

Only because other medical professionals (the flight surgeon) frown upon this medication and the condition treated by it.
Just be like the rest of us, down your pain medicate with booze, but to answer you original question, once you get in you can almost guarantee you will get one of those places once you certify at your first facility, they always need bodies

Apply every time there is a job announcement for off the street hires starting ASAP. Once you certify at your first facility start bidding ORD/C90. I know C90 will always be picking people up.

for now worry about passing your classes. at the end of your junior year, set up a usajobs alert and apply to the first OTS bid.

for ORD or c90, you'd have to transfer from whatever first facility you get. Could happen in a couple of years, or it may never happen. That's the timeline.

for now worry about passing your classes. at the end of your junior year, set up a usajobs alert and apply to the first OTS bid.

for ORD or c90, you'd have to transfer from whatever first facility you get. Could happen in a couple of years, or it may never happen. That's the timeline.
My advice would be find a different career.

The working standards are horrible and the pay is mediocre at best.

Th main benefit a federal job has is healthcare and if you need to use that regularly you will probably get DQed from ATC anyway

Back
Top Bottom