March (Q2) 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then one thing I’ve not seen discussed here is that these atms and natca reps do talk to other facilities. Of the people you work with at your “level 14” facility don’t like you then new facility doesn’t want you either, hence why joe blow from lvl 4 scum is being rated above you. Word of advice, either turn into a stellar controller where they can’t say anything about you or be a better person and I promise you’ll get picked up. There are a lot of people out there who are known as scumbags and when their name pops up on a list they get sent to the bottom
+1 on this. Also I don't doubt that most of the people that got picked up actually networked to get picked up

This is 100% true. Reputation matters and follows you.
As someone who’s networked and been shown by management I’m ranked 1-5 at diff facilities to get passed up from lower level facilities bc those facilities are over 100% staffed while mines hovering around 90%. Talked to a NCEPT person in Vegas that it has to make sense to the “agency” to move someone. Going from a 90% facility to an 85% facility doesn’t make sense to the FAA when a 110% facility person has in for same place.

You think everyone at level 8-9 facilities are shitty people who get passed by level 4-6 controllers panel after panel? Come on

This isn’t accurate but ok

Yes it is, if you honestly think your reputation and networking plays no part then you haven't got a clue

As someone who’s networked and been shown by management I’m ranked 1-5 at diff facilities to get passed up from lower level facilities bc those facilities are over 100% staffed while mines hovering around 90%. Talked to a NCEPT person in Vegas that it has to make sense to the “agency” to move someone. Going from a 90% facility to an 85% facility doesn’t make sense to the FAA when a 110% facility person has in for same place.

You think everyone at level 8-9 facilities are shitty people who get passed by level 4-6 controllers panel after panel? Come on

I'm not sure what happened or who you talked to, I'm assuming lebovidge? But you have a serious misunderstanding of the process.

Are other people in your facility being let go? To higher priority facilities? Was the ranking list finalized when you saw it? There is a huge, I mean huge, number of people who are told or shown "their rank" is high to appease them, when they're actually submitted much lower. I'm not saying that's what happened with you, but it happens.

There's no "does this makes sense" in round one. It's strictly according to temporary rules can they pick up, and can the first/next guy on their priority list be released. The only caveat is the dev/cpc ratio rule is a touch more flexible now that they separate the different stages of training

N
Yes it is, if you honestly think your reputation and networking plays no part then you haven't got a clue

I'm not sure what happened or who you talked to, I'm assuming lebovidge? But you have a serious misunderstanding of the process.

Are other people in your facility being let go? To higher priority facilities? Was the ranking list finalized when you saw it? There is a huge, I mean huge, number of people who are told or shown "their rank" is high to appease them, when they're actually submitted much lower. I'm not saying that's what happened with you, but it happens.

There's no "does this makes sense" in round one. It's strictly according to temporary rules can they pick up, and can the first/next guy on their priority list be released. The only caveat is the dev/cpc ratio rule is a touch more flexible now that they separate the different stages of training
No that’s not who I talked to. At a level 8, we don’t get people from the academy. We have been able to release the last 3 panels. We can argue back and forth but I promise all 6-8 of us here aren’t shit bags that are trying to get out. If you want to say the rankings change that’s fine, but I highly doubt they changed at all the facilities we put in for. Reps from other facilities have questioned why some of us weren’t picked up.

What about "dynamic decisions"? There seems to be weird things happening with facilities that have NCEPT targets of zero. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that reputation doesn't matter, but that doesn't nearly explain everything that happens.

What about "dynamic decisions"? There seems to be weird things happening with facilities that have NCEPT targets of zero. I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that reputation doesn't matter, but that doesn't nearly explain everything that happens.
That’s when PAC contributions come into play!

Then one thing I’ve not seen discussed here is that these atms and natca reps do talk to other facilities. Of the people you work with at your “level 14” facility don’t like you then new facility doesn’t want you either, hence why joe blow from lvl 4 scum is being rated above you. Word of advice, either turn into a stellar controller where they can’t say anything about you or be a better person and I promise you’ll get picked up. There are a lot of people out there who are known as scumbags and when their name pops up on a list they get sent to the bottom
Nah dude you’re way off, it’s a conspiracy

lol, one of the most difficult to work with people at my facility got picked up on this ncept. Huge pieces of shit get out of facilities all the time because the facility would rather not have them there.

e: hell, some facilities don't give a shit if people have a bad reputation either. They'd rather have the body. I've definitely seen that one.

Last edited:
Brian or Vincenzo?
Doesn't matter, just pointing out that you can have had weingarten's due to your interactions on the line with other controllers and still get picked up. Can a negative reputation hamstring you on getting to some facilities? Of course. I think it's way overblown though.

At the end of the day, nobody cares about your old facility. Nobody cares how busy you thought it was, how underrated you think it was, blah blah blah blah blah blah. Nobody around you is trying to get to your old facility but you are trying to certify at your new one. If you want to impress someone then demonstrate your abilities during training.

I tune out my trainee as quickly as I can once I realize it's another one of her "great" stories. I literally don't give a shit.

Doesn't matter, just pointing out that you can have had weingarten's due to your interactions on the line with other controllers and still get picked up. Can a negative reputation hamstring you on getting to some facilities? Of course. I think it's way overblown though.
Literally anyone can go to Oakland Center

At the end of the day, nobody cares about your old facility. Nobody cares how busy you thought it was, how underrated you think it was, blah blah blah blah blah blah. Nobody around you is trying to get to your old facility but you are trying to certify at your new one. If you want to impress someone then demonstrate your abilities during training.

I tune out my trainee as quickly as I can once I realize it's another one of her "great" stories. I literally don't give a shit.

While I don’t want to hear about “how my old facility was waaaay harder than here, hardest in the NAS”, I do enjoy hearing how other facilities operations work. I find it interesting how each facility takes the .65 and changes how they apply it.

Last edited:
Yeah no I wasn’t insinuating that that’s the main reason, I just know of a few guys that specifically aren’t getting picked up by the facility they have put in for since ncept started and word through the grapevine they already about them and their issue. So I’m just thinking for the ultra pissed off on here that keep getting passed over for the same facility and staffing at theirs isn’t an issue that it just might be your reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom