Medical Marijuana Card from California

The taxes charged are less because it's considered medicine. Additionally some states take out of state cards which would make it easier to obtain if you are traveling.

Also there are usually limits, 100mg in a bag of edibles 10mg a puck, 10 in a bag whereas with a card you can get a 100+mg puck and try to be like Joey Diaz and get totally smacked.
Yah but now he has to lie on a 6 figure job lol

So you have used it. It’s yes or no, there’s no “not really” in situations like this. Marijuana is still classified as an illegal substance on the Federal level and you recently used it. You are not eligible for federal employment.
Lol this guy

i swear some of the personalities on this website wish they worked for the DOD the way they talk to people.

i wouldn't recommend disclosing any casual use, because unless there was a recorded incident (ie: court records) that would implicate you, there's no way the feds would know. also HIPAA is pretty air tight. as i seem to recall, they don't ask if you have a card, just if you've partaken in the last seven years.
Right!

i swear some of the personalities on this website wish they worked for the DOD the way they talk to people.

i wouldn't recommend disclosing any casual use, because unless there was a recorded incident (ie: court records) that would implicate you, there's no way the feds would know. also HIPAA is pretty air tight. as i seem to recall, they don't ask if you have a card, just if you've partaken in the last seven years.
Let’s make this an even stickier situation. What if there was an arrest 6 and a half years ago for possession which I’ve already let them know about? Y’all think that would make them dig harder into medical marijuana cards? Or is that just something they simply couldn’t see because it’s between me and the state?

Let’s make this an even stickier situation. What if there was an arrest 6 and a half years ago for possession which I’ve already let them know about? Y’all think that would make them dig harder into medical marijuana cards? Or is that just something they simply couldn’t see because it’s between me and the state?
I would worry less about the medical card, and more about the inevitable ”have you ever used cannabis or marijuana?” question that will come up in the security investigation when they ask about the possession charge.

I would worry less about the medical card, and more about the inevitable ”have you ever used cannabis or marijuana?” question that will come up in the security investigation when they ask about the possession charge.
I would obviously say yes to that
I would obviously tell them yes, but that was almost 7 years ago… I feel like that’s a good enough time gap for them to let it slide

I failed my initial MMPI based on not understanding some of the words from 1951. I.e. Brooding.

Anyhow, I had to retake the MMPI and meet with a doctor to evaluate me, and he asked me if I ever took MJ. I admitted I did after he asked a 2nd time, experimenting, but didn't like it. 2 months later I arrived at my facility and it's been 8 years. CPC.

I would obviously say yes to that

I would obviously tell them yes, but that was almost 7 years ago… I feel like that’s a good enough time gap for them to let it slide
Would you obviously say yes to that though man?

You started the thread by asking if the medical systems talk to each other so that you could lie and not disclose that you have a medical cannabis card.

Why is it different to you lying to someone’s face vs lying on a piece of paper on a security background check form?

Would you obviously say yes to that though man?

You started the thread by asking if the medical systems talk to each other so that you could lie and not disclose that you have a medical cannabis card.

Why is it different to you lying to someone’s face vs lying on a piece of paper on a security background check form?
The reason I said that is because that incident was almost 7 years ago and it’s documented as a criminal case bc it was a possession charge… the card however is documented but should be protected by HIPPA, no? They will obviously see the arrest that took place 7 years ago, so there’s no getting around that one

it’s documented as a criminal case bc it was a possession charge… the card however is documented but should be protected by HIPPA, no?
Uhhhh, no. HIPAA is not gonna prevent security clearance investigators from seeing that CA issued you a particular license

You are not eligible for federal employment.
If it’s yes, then you are ineligible for federal employment
Not true at all. Plenty of federal jobs don't test for drugs or even ask about them. Now, is OP going to face an uphill battle during the background process? Possibly. Is OP ineligible to hold an FAA medical clearance? Very likely.

also HIPAA is pretty air tight
Unless you waive your HIPAA rights as part of a background investigation. HIPAA only says that medical professionals can't release your info without your consent. People who aren't medical professionals aren't bound by it, and people who are medical professionals are freed from it if you sign something saying you release your information to background investigators. You don't have to do that, but they don't have to give you a favorable adjudication either.

just if you've partaken in the last seven years
This. Although for the medical it's two years.

inevitable ”have you ever used cannabis or marijuana?” question
Not "ever." The background check asks about the past seven years, the medical form asks about the past two years. I told them about use outside of the two-year window but within the seven-year window and had no problems at all.

Either way if you say you have used in the last two years you will almost surely be denied a medical.

You just lost all credibility right there. It’s a simple yes/no question… there are no buts. “Have you ever consumed or used marijuana or substances containing THC?” If it’s yes, then you are ineligible for federal employment, state laws do not apply. CBD products also contain traces of THC, so those are barred as well.

thats not true
I told my guy I smoked hella weed when I was a kid, but haven't for a long time. it was cool.

Back
Top Bottom