Mick Devine NATCA EVP

I agree with the fact having our people on projects helps. I have been on projects in the past as a part time 114 person.

However, the fact that they (full time 114ers) remain counted in a facilities number and nothing has been done to fight this is wrong. I told Santa this personally at a ‘solidarity’ event last year.

Nothing has changed. Nothing has been addressed. Why?

During the white book we pulled out people in protest from programs, to use as leverage against the FAA. Why not do it again?

After the white book I was briefly on the ‘crystal palace’ work group and a bunch of us from ZNY were going to the tech center for a meeting and such. The overzealous acting ATM just a couple days before went out emails how we should all share rental cars and etcetera to save money after all of us in the unit had booked hotels and transportation.

You know what my rep did, who was awesome by the way. He went down there and told her if that was the way she wanted it, NATCA was pulling out and she could explain why. Things for reversed quickly.

You have to be willing to fight. So why not change something? Why not tell the FAA sorry we can’t help, you haven’t staffed us.

Why not tell congress that we would love to be involved in projects but we had to pull people back so that controllers didn’t have to work six days a week and being burned out, since they are counted against the facility.

It is a small number on 114 details full time, but at my facility it is 3. We have 59 cpc’s and 2 are out full time. The benefit of being president is If you testify to congress you have the stage.

I want each 114 project to have the best person, but part of that should require the FAA to move people to long term holds to not hurt the facility. We do that with RVP selections that are gone full time.

Now let me ask you a question, do you think it’s right that a facility can release a person to a full time article 114 detail, but another member who has been trying to ERR for years to a facility that has a vacancy can’t be released due to staffing?
Who should get priority?

The supervisor deviations are bad enough. And the agency gets them all the time. NCEPT is also broken.

Thank you for attending my TEd talk.

I am far from perfect and welcome discussion. I also need a spell checker and a grammar checker, but I’ll put my answers up without running them through ChatGPT.

Also, when have you ever seen anyone else running for these positions actually answer questions on this site? Please invite them. Contact is on their campaign sites. We can further the discussion.

Edited to add some more thoughts and fix my terrible grammar and change CPC to 114 numbers from 68-3 to 59-2 as one just retired and I didn’t count correctly.
Dude, you are the very epitome of "if you want change run and fix it yourself" that is echoed to anyone who leaves the union from hopelessness. I've been a controller for over 15 years now but left 2 years ago for the very reasons you are looking to fix. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you running and making an effort to fix this broken and bedded natca we have come to know. I will rejoin in a split second if a CONTROLLER like you is elected and ignites hope back into the work force. Until then, you have my wallet if you start accepting donations, but obviously can't vote.

Mr. Devine: if you’re elected, will it be your policy to exclude all non-union members from chow runs nation wide, or will that be confined to the region you’ve been in charge of?
The only people that care about free loading nons are on this board. It’s not a voting block.

Dude, you are the very epitome of "if you want change run and fix it yourself" that is echoed to anyone who leaves the union from hopelessness. I've been a controller for over 15 years now but left 2 years ago for the very reasons you are looking to fix. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate you running and making an effort to fix this broken and bedded natca we have come to know. I will rejoin in a split second if a CONTROLLER like you is elected and ignites hope back into the work force. Until then, you have my wallet if you start accepting donations, but obviously can't vote.
Re-join so you can vote for jdatc

Back
Top Bottom