Justin Dailey for NATCA President

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
(More to follow)

"The Only candidate for President that has keyed the microphone in this decade. "

Yes you should donate, but definitely not to my campaign or anyone else’s either.
Every Person campaigning for NATCA President or Vice President works at a high level facility,
or is compensated well enough that they do not deserve your money. The fact they are asking for it is atrocious.

If you really want to donate, Give To the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Mental Health is often overlooked in aviation and we have lost far too many people because of it.​

The following questions have been sent to this candidate (and will be updated with their response), please feel free to ask more.

1704426682922.png

Last edited:
Most people hate 114s because they count against staffing and for some reason they don't understand the benefit of the BU being involved in all these programs. (The biggest mistake in jdatc campaign imo.) The transparency does exist on NATCA.org but no one ever reads it. Maybe expand on that? Idk. There was a motion to expand it at the convention that failed. The real fix here is to just not count them against staffing. Then your 114s don’t hurt you locally and everyone can stop stabbing internal.

Most people hate 114s because they count against staffing and for some reason they don't understand the benefit of the BU being involved in all these programs. (The biggest mistake in jdatc campaign imo.) The transparency does exist on NATCA.org but no one ever reads it. Maybe expand on that? Idk. There was a motion to expand it at the convention that failed. The real fix here is to just not count them against staffing. Then your 114s don’t hurt you locally and everyone can stop stabbing internal.
I agree with the fact having our people on projects helps. I have been on projects in the past as a part time 114 person.

However, the fact that they (full time 114ers) remain counted in a facilities number and nothing has been done to fight this is wrong. I told Santa this personally at a ‘solidarity’ event last year.

Nothing has changed. Nothing has been addressed. Why?

During the white book we pulled out people in protest from programs, to use as leverage against the FAA. Why not do it again?

After the white book I was briefly on the ‘crystal palace’ work group and a bunch of us from ZNY were going to the tech center for a meeting and such. The overzealous acting ATM just a couple days before went out emails how we should all share rental cars and etcetera to save money after all of us in the unit had booked hotels and transportation.

You know what my rep did, who was awesome by the way. He went down there and told her if that was the way she wanted it, NATCA was pulling out and she could explain why. Things for reversed quickly.

You have to be willing to fight. So why not change something? Why not tell the FAA sorry we can’t help, you haven’t staffed us.

Why not tell congress that we would love to be involved in projects but we had to pull people back so that controllers didn’t have to work six days a week and being burned out, since they are counted against the facility.

It is a small number on 114 details full time, but at my facility it is 3. We have 59 cpc’s and 2 are out full time. The benefit of being president is If you testify to congress you have the stage.

I want each 114 project to have the best person, but part of that should require the FAA to move people to long term holds to not hurt the facility. We do that with RVP selections that are gone full time.

Now let me ask you a question, do you think it’s right that a facility can release a person to a full time article 114 detail, but another member who has been trying to ERR for years to a facility that has a vacancy can’t be released due to staffing?
Who should get priority?

The supervisor deviations are bad enough. And the agency gets them all the time. NCEPT is also broken.

Thank you for attending my TEd talk.

I am far from perfect and welcome discussion. I also need a spell checker and a grammar checker, but I’ll put my answers up without running them through ChatGPT.

Also, when have you ever seen anyone else running for these positions actually answer questions on this site? Please invite them. Contact is on their campaign sites. We can further the discussion.

Edited to add some more thoughts and fix my terrible grammar and change CPC to 114 numbers from 68-3 to 59-2 as one just retired and I didn’t count correctly.

Last edited:
What are some actionable things you’re going to do and how are you going to do them?
This is my question as well. I have long believed our National Union is out of touch with the day-to-day operations of our lives on the floor so I support your campaign. That being said what are you looking to address as president, and how do you plan to do so?

I agree with the fact having our people on projects helps. I have been on projects in the past as a part time 114 person.

However, the fact that they (full time 114ers) remain counted in a facilities number and nothing has been done to fight this is wrong. I told Santa this personally at a ‘solidarity’ event last year.

Nothing has changed. Nothing has been addressed. Why?

During the white book we pulled out people in protest from programs, to use as leverage against the FAA. Why not do it again?

After the white book I was briefly on the ‘crystal palace’ work group and a bunch of us from ZNY were going to the tech center for a meeting and such. The overzealous acting ATM just a couple days before went out emails how we should all share rental cars and etcetera to save money after all of us in the unit had booked hotels and transportation.

You know what my rep did, who was awesome by the way. He went down there and told her if that was the way she wanted it, NATCA was pulling out and she could explain why. Things for reversed quickly.

You have to be willing to fight. So why not change something? Why not tell the FAA sorry we can’t help, you haven’t staffed us.

Why not tell congress that we would love to be involved in projects but we had to pull people back so that controllers didn’t have to work six days a week and being burned out, since they are counted against the facility.

It is a small number on 114 details full time, but at my facility it is 3. We have 59 cpc’s and 2 are out full time. The benefit of being president is If you testify to congress you have the stage.

I want each 114 project to have the best person, but part of that should require the FAA to move people to long term holds to not hurt the facility. We do that with RVP selections that are gone full time.

Now let me ask you a question, do you think it’s right that a facility can release a person to a full time article 114 detail, but another member who has been trying to ERR for years to a facility that has a vacancy can’t be released due to staffing?
Who should get priority?

The supervisor deviations are bad enough. And the agency gets them all the time. NCEPT is also broken.

Thank you for attending my TEd talk.

I am far from perfect and welcome discussion. I also need a spell checker and a grammar checker, but I’ll put my answers up without running them through ChatGPT.

Also, when have you ever seen anyone else running for these positions actually answer questions on this site? Please invite them. Contact is on their campaign sites. We can further the discussion.

Edited to add some more thoughts and fix my terrible grammar and change CPC to 114 numbers from 68-3 to 59-2 as one just retired and I didn’t count correctly.
I said they should be on long term hold. You said we should cancel them all. Have you changed your mind?

I said they should be on long term hold. You said we should cancel them all. Have you changed your mind?
By cancel I mean send them back to the facility. We can return to helping when we are staffed. But doing nothing is not the answer.

So yes, send them back until they agree to move them and make changes. I wouldn’t end article 114 for ever, I want people involved. I sure would stop it if it achieved the goal of getting more bodies and helping those people stuck on 6 days a week.

My facility had 2 full timers in my area off during the summer. That generated overtime for every non vol in the summer. We could have used those people. So yes, they come back.

Here is what I am putting for my policy on my website:

While involving members through the article 114 process is generally beneficial, the current situation poses a challenge for many facilities. Article 114 members are currently counted against staffing numbers, even when they are not actively contributing to the operation. I propose advocating to the FAA for a necessary adjustment, urging that these members' numbers be moved to long-term holds and excluded from facility staffing calculations. This adjustment is crucial as our current staffing levels make it difficult to provide the necessary support to the FAA. Until this change occurs, it's essential to have these individuals actively engaged in the operation to alleviate the strain on those currently facing mandatory overtime without a viable solution.

I hope this helps. I am not perfect and will do my best. Now an honest question for you, what do you want out of the next president?

Last edited:
By cancel I mean send them back to the facility. We can return to helping when we are staffed. But doing nothing is not the answer.

So yes, send them back until they agree to move them and make changes. I wouldn’t end article 114 for ever, I want people involved. It I sure would stop it if it achieved the goal of getting more bodies and helping those people stuck on 6 days a week.

My facility had 2 full timers in my area off during the summer. That generated overtime for every non vol in the summer. We could have used those people. So yes, they come back.

Here is what I am putting for my policy on my website:

While involving members through the article 114 process is generally beneficial, the current situation poses a challenge for many facilities. Article 114 members are currently counted against staffing numbers, even when they are not actively contributing to the operation. I propose advocating to the FAA for a necessary adjustment, urging that these members' numbers be moved to long-term holds and excluded from facility staffing calculations. This adjustment is crucial as our current staffing levels make it difficult to provide the necessary support to the FAA. Until this change occurs, it's essential to have these individuals actively engaged in the operation to alleviate the strain on those currently facing mandatory overtime without a viable solution.
And if they refuse?

And if they refuse?
Isn’t that obvious? I believe the membership wants this. So I’m advocating for returning them till we get staffing, and removing them from our books.

If you dislike my policy, Santa will keep it status quo for you I am sure. I talked to him about removing from the numbers in May. Sure doesn’t look like they care. Well I do.

This is my question as well. I have long believed our National Union is out of touch with the day-to-day operations of our lives on the floor so I support your campaign. That being said what are you looking to address as president, and how do you plan to do so?
I am working on some policy stuff to put up on my website to address a lot of these questions. It might be more efficient than just firing off responses. Give me a little bit- I’ve got 114, and NEB meetings done, working on fiscal stuff, pay and ncept and my views and what I’d advocate for

Isn’t that obvious? I believe the membership wants this. So I’m advocating for returning them till we get staffing, and removing them from our books.

If you dislike my policy, Santa will keep it status quo for you I am sure. I talked to him about removing from the numbers in May. Sure doesn’t look like they care. Well I do.
I just said the status quo is wrong. I’ve brought this up to leadership as well. They need to be LTH. But when the agency tells you to fuck off you’re going to kill 114 and shoot us in the foot because the agency’s dogshit leadership sabotaged our staffing and now they get do whatever they want without the BUs input. And then they’ll replace all the 114s with supes so they still get “input from the operation” because they’re dumb enough to consider supes versed in the operation. But hey A90 got 3 controllers back yay. For 8 minutes. Then they’ll just deviate 3 others to back fill for the supes they gave the 114 details.
Let’s not vilify the 114s because we don’t understand the issues properly.

I just said the status quo is wrong. I’ve brought this up to leadership as well. They need to be LTH. But when the agency tells you to fuck off you’re going to kill 114 and shoot us in the foot because the agency’s dogshit leadership sabotaged our staffing and now they get do whatever they want without the BUs input. And then they’ll replace all the 114s with supes so they still get “input from the operation” because they’re dumb enough to consider supes versed in the operation. But hey A90 got 3 controllers back yay. For 8 minutes. Then they’ll just deviate 3 others to back fill for the supes they gave the 114 details.
Let’s not vilify the 114s because we don’t understand the issues properly.

I appreciate your input. Would you like to respond to any of the questions I asked you?

What about article 114 reps who are from facilities not on six day work weeks?
Article 114 comes with backfill overtime. If you aren't on overtime to cover for them then you are just losing a spot leave opportunity.

Removing from the numbers and picking up a body brings it back into balance.

Back
Top Bottom