MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

im stride for stride with you I hope we both here back soon.

March bid TOL in April 2018 finished Tier 2 in March 2019 and been waiting ever since.

So many contracting offers tho :/ hate turning down a quality B Job for a maybe A++ one

Well at least you have the CTO and the oppurtunity for contract! I am only FACSFAC qualled with a year of tower so no contracts will even look at me. Hopefully we hear back in the next few weeks thought, good luck !

im stride for stride with you I hope we both here back soon.

March bid TOL in April 2018 finished Tier 2 in March 2019 and been waiting ever since.

So many contracting offers tho :/ hate turning down a quality B Job for a maybe A++ one
That’s my only upside right now is that I’m working a decent contract tower gig while I wait

My appointment is next week.

Any word from anyone who has finished their evaluation?

no but I finished Tier 2 in March so I guess you can atleast know it has been almost 4 months post Tier 2 without anything

2016 bid here...

CIL. 02/16/2017
Medical/Physical #1. 02/17/2017
MMPI... sometime. 02/2017
Notified that I was Tier 2. 06/06/2017
Contacted to fill out the Tier 2 release paperwork. 09/08/2018
Notified that I needed to set up Tier 2 appointment. 09/12/2018
Tier 2 appointment. 09/28/2018
Notified that that I passed my Tier 2, but needed to do the drug test again. 04/18/2019
Drug test #2 04/19/2019
Sent an email asking if Medical was finished with my file. Got an email back stating they were waiting on the final signature from the flight surgeon. 05/08/2019
Received an email saying that my pre-employment physical had expired, and I needed to schedule another medical exam (Class 2 only good for two years). 05/17/2019
Medical/Physical #2. 06/12/2019
FINALLY received notification that medical was complete. 06/27/2019

Hopefully a class date soon...

Last edited:
2016 bid here...

CIL. 02/16/2017
Medical/Physical #1. 02/17/2017
MMPI... sometime. 02/2017
Notified that I was Tier 2. 06/06/2017
Contacted to fill out the Tier 2 release paperwork. 09/08/2018
Notified that I needed to set up Tier 2 appointment. 09/12/2018
Tier 2 appointment. 09/28/2017
Notified that that I passed my Tier 2, but needed to do the drug test again. 04/18/2019
Drug test #2 04/20/2019
Sent an email asking if Medical was finished with my file. Got an email back stating they were waiting on the final signature from the flight surgeon. 05/08/2019
Received an email saying that my pre-employment physical had expired, and I needed to schedule another medical exam (Class 2 only good for two years). 05/17/2019
Medical/Physical #2. 06/12/2019
FINALLY received notification that medical was complete. 06/27/2019

Hopefully a class date soon...
How is it that it took 19 months for your tier 2 to get approved? That's insane.

Even then seems longer than has been the trend. Still insane either way
The government shut down didn’t help either. Probably could’ve chopped a month or two off the waiting time from appointment to final sign off. Other than the wait to be contacted for my Tier 2 appointment, having to redo the physical portion might have been the most annoying part. I work part time at a contract tower and have had a valid, and current, class 2 medical for over 5 years.

Still haven’t heard from Hope to schedule. She’s had my packet for a month. I leave in a week for 2.5 months for military reclass. Here’s to hoping the Army is understanding ?

Still haven’t heard from Hope to schedule. She’s had my packet for a month. I leave in a week for 2.5 months for military reclass. Here’s to hoping the Army is understanding ?
Going off of past emails, sounds like medical sent my stuff to Hope on the day I was notified that I was Tier 2 (06/06/2017).
Sent an email to my medical POC asking when I could expect an appointment for the Tier 2 evaluation, and was told they were very far behind on contacting applicants 02/15/2018
Finally, received an email from Hope on 09/08/2018.
Tier 2 appointment was a few weeks later.
It took me 14 months from my stuff being sent to DC, to be contacted for an appointment. Obviously everyone has different timelines. You would think they’d process people from older bids before the newer bids, but apparently it doesn’t work that way..

Going off of past emails, sounds like medical sent my stuff to Hope on the day I was notified that I was Tier 2 (06/06/2017).
Sent an email to my medical POC asking when I could expect an appointment for the Tier 2 evaluation, and was told they were very far behind on contacting applicants 02/15/2018
Finally, received an email from Hope on 09/08/2018.
Tier 2 appointment was a few weeks later.
It took me 14 months from my stuff being sent to DC, to be contacted for an appointment. Obviously everyone has different timelines. You would think they’d process people from older bids before the newer bids, but apparently it doesn’t work that way..

They were waiting for your security clearance most likely.

Tier 2 has had my packet for a long time but refused to move forward without the full clearance. They’ve had that for a month now.

What happens is they receive the info, then Hope accepts them into her queue as she works them. Then sends them back if she needs anything. It seems from the time RDC sends them its 3 months before she gets to them. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

They were waiting for your security clearance most likely.

Tier 2 has had my packet for a long time but refused to move forward without the full clearance. They’ve had that for a month now.

What happens is they receive the info, then Hope accepts them into her queue as she works them. Then sends them back if she needs anything. It seems from the time RDC sends them its 3 months before she gets to them. Which is absolutely ridiculous.
I found out my security clearance was completed the same day I asked why Tier 2 was taking so long 02/15/2018.
I’ve had 2 different medical POCs since beginning this whole process. Seemed everything went pretty quick when I got passed over to RDC in February of this year. It is ridiculous that it takes this long. Considering how easy it is for me to make any type of personal appointment on my own with my local doctor, but takes them nearly 14 months to set up an appointment with an approved provider.

Last edited:
Oh damn. I dunno then. Sounds like you got lost on the mix.

I literally email them all the time. It’s getting quite ridiculous. Even my congress rep is sick of the replies he gets from their office as they’re familiar with everything.

I’ve been tempted to try and find a doctor they have on their list, forward my medical packet myself and then see what they do lol.

Oh damn. I dunno then. Sounds like you got lost on the mix.

I literally email them all the time. It’s getting quite ridiculous. Even my congress rep is sick of the replies he gets from their office as they’re familiar with everything.

I’ve been tempted to try and find a doctor they have on their list, forward my medical packet myself and then see what they do lol.
Had the date wrong. Found out security was finished 02/15/2018. Knowing that they made me redo my physical and wouldn’t accept my current class 2 medical that was done in August 2018, sounds like you’d be out a couple hundred dollars if you went out and did it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom