MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Finally got an actual update. My psychologist has been selected and I have been sent a release form. Probably just a few weeks out from my appointment. I am beyond excited to get through this whole process. Light at the end of the tunnel!
How did you respond to the health status update? I asked Hope if we needed to report a regular annual doctor check-up and dental appointments as a change in health status. Her cryptic response of "follow the directions on the form" wasn't helpful.

How did you respond to the health status update? I asked Hope if we needed to report a regular annual doctor check-up and dental appointments as a change in health status. Her cryptic response of "follow the directions on the form" wasn't helpful.
I am going to answer no. I wouldn't classify a check up as something that would change your health status.

I think it just refers to any significant changes in health. I answered no

Finally got an actual update. My psychologist has been selected and I have been sent a release form. Probably just a few weeks out from my appointment. I am beyond excited to get through this whole process. Light at the end of the tunnel!
When did you first get notified that you had to take a tier 2?

When did you first get notified that you had to take a tier 2?
Officially my case was forwarded to faa hq for tier 2 on July 7, 2021, but I didnt find out that I was tier 2'd until July 21. My MMPI was June 14th. I just got the contact info of the psych today and I called and got my appointment scheduled for Sept 1. ie next week!

Did my appointment today. Format is as follows: A few tests, and then an interview with the pschologist.

Ive heard through the grapevine that if the first mmpi suspected anything (ie drugs, alcohol abuse, sexual misconduct, disqualifying anxieties, or anger management) that your psych should be administering a test on that specific subject. I didnt have such tests. My first 2 were very broad and similar to the MMPI. Then my 3rd test was the MMPI. For test comprimise purposes, I dont want to go any further than that.

The interview was straightforward. First part was asking me my personal info, work history, questioned me on usage of alcohol and drugs. And second part gave me an opportunity to explain some answers from both mmpi tests answers. I found out today that technical difficulties I had from my first test renderred me tier 2. I did the first mmpi on a tiny laptop and had issues fat fingering buttons and actually submitting my answers inaccurately. It was very clear some questions were answered mistakenly.

And now...we play the waiting game.

Last edited:
Did my appointment today. Format is as follows: A few tests, and then an interview with the pschologist.

Ive heard through the grapevine that if the first mmpi suspected anything (ie drugs, alcohol abuse, sexual misconduct, disqualifying anxieties, or anger management) that your psych should be administering a test on that specific subject. I didnt have such tests. My first 2 were very broad and similar to the MMPI. Then my 3rd test was the MMPI. For test comprimise purposes, I dont want to go any further than that.

The interview was straightforward. First part was asking me my personal info, work history, questioned me on usage of alcohol and drugs. And second part gave me an opportunity to explain some answers from both mmpi tests answers. I found out today that technical difficulties I had from my first test renderred me tier 2. I did the first mmpi on a tiny laptop and had issues fat fingering buttons and actually submitting my answers inaccurately. It was very clear some questions were answered mistakenly.

And now...we play the waiting game.
This sounds accurate to me. I took 3 additional tests on top of the original MMPI at my psych appt lol. Total of 8 hours at the office.

Whats the group consensus about time between post appointment to being finally cleared?

I have my psych eval tomorrow. Not sure what to expect, but after waiting 18 months to get this appointment I am grateful. Still have zero idea what I was flagged for but I'll find out. If anyone has any questions I can be happy to reply post evaluation. Hoping and praying for a good outcome.

I have my psych eval tomorrow. Not sure what to expect, but after waiting 18 months to get this appointment I am grateful. Still have zero idea what I was flagged for but I'll find out. If anyone has any questions I can be happy to reply post evaluation. Hoping and praying for a good outcome.
Curious how it went..

I had my appointment in late April and have still not heard of any decision. Going on about 5 months.
Hopefully you are right around the corner. I ended up getting hired at a contract tower in the meantime. Security and med should be a breeze whenever I do get around to finally being cleared.

Had my evaluation last week. My doctor told me my case was a common one. Talked through all of my answers that I was flagged for, and then I retook the MMPI as well as another test I was given. Entire duration was just under 6 hours. I felt like it went well, but it remains difficult to know for certain. Some of my answers were answered mistakenly, and I gave my explanations for answering other questions the way I did. Hope this is the last time I ever take that MMPI. Now I guess I will wait just a little longer to know my outcome.

Had my evaluation last week. My doctor told me my case was a common one. Talked through all of my answers that I was flagged for, and then I retook the MMPI as well as another test I was given. Entire duration was just under 6 hours. I felt like it went well, but it remains difficult to know for certain. Some of my answers were answered mistakenly, and I gave my explanations for answering other questions the way I did. Hope this is the last time I ever take that MMPI. Now I guess I will wait just a little longer to know my outcome.
The guy I saw made a point at the beginning to give no indication the whole time on what his report would reflect. It made it impossible to judge how he felt. except for one part when he said the MMPI retake results were more normal than the first. But I'm guessing more goes into his report based off of my verbal answers rather than what the retake showed, so I'm not sure it meant much.

Back
Top Bottom