MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I just had my appointment last Thursday. I think it went fine but I feel you just never know with the FAA. I know it's in this thread somewhere but what the wait time from now until I hear something?
Plan on 4 months

Same bid as you, I had my eval in April and still haven’t heard back.
I had my Tier 2 eval March 4th, got cleared July 9th. Start en route basics in 2 weeks.

You should've heard back by now, you should call them

Plan on 4 months

I had my Tier 2 eval March 4th, got cleared July 9th. Start en route basics in 2 weeks.

You should've heard back by now, you should call them
How did you manage to start so quick after you got cleared? I thought you would just go to the back of the line for dates. Also, I’ve been emailing fairly frequently and they always say my case hasn’t been looked at yet. Not sure a call will do much.

How did you manage to start so quick after you got cleared? I thought you would just go to the back of the line for dates. Also, I’ve been emailing fairly frequently and they always say my case hasn’t been looked at yet. Not sure a call will do much.
I asked for an update today and I got told that I will be notified of an update whenever there is one.

Edit: I am a month and a half post appointment and was feeling optimistic...

I asked for an update today and I got told that I will be notified of an update whenever there is one.

Edit: I am a month and a half post appointment and was feeling optimistic...
That’s the response I always get. But a month and a half is a bit early lol

Agreed. At the current rate I wouldn’t expect anything until Feb-March. at the earliest. Then again maybe they’ll get caught up and the wait will be less but I wouldn’t count on it.
Well thanks for responding guys. Looks like I have a long wait ahead of me unless a miracle happens.

I see this tread is a few years old, which may serve to answer some of my questions. I imagine wait times have only gotten worse since 2020, but did anyone from the 2018 discussion end up finishing the tier 2 process? How long did it take in total? I have now been waiting about 8 months since my AF records were confirmed to have been received on the FAA's end. Does anyone have a ballpark idea of how long the line is these days?
I’m from the ‘21 prior experience bid. Been waiting 15 months for my eval and still don’t have it scheduled.

Why are you in tier 2? I'm curious if you know what caused that.. do you think it was your military records?

Why are you in tier 2? I'm curious if you know what caused that.. do you think it was your military records?
You can only get tier 2’d because of your MMPI results. They won’t let you know the specific reasons you “failed” the MMPI until your tier 2 evaluation.

Quick question. If your MMPI results are flagged, does someone have to manually go through them and verify that it should go to tier 2, or is it more automatic? I'm just wondering as my results are taking longer than most to get back, still "results pending" after 3 months. Thinking it might be an early sign that I was tier 2d.

Quick question. If your MMPI results are flagged, does someone have to manually go through them and verify that it should go to tier 2, or is it more automatic? I'm just wondering as my results are taking longer than most to get back, still "results pending" after 3 months. Thinking it might be an early sign that I was tier 2d.
How do you know the status of your MMPI? I took mine back in July 2022...

Got an email back from my representative yesterday. "Thank you for your correspondence of October 18, 2022, on behalf of your constituent, (name). (Name) did not pass Tier 1 psychological screening. He now requires a Tier 2 psychological evaluation which is conducted by clinical psychologists working in the community. A large backlog has built up over the course of the pandemic. We schedule on a first-in, first-out basis, and there are over 50 applicants in front of (Name). We anticipate another 3 months before we are able to further work on his case." So looks like more waiting. I'm from 2021 bid.

Got an email back from my representative yesterday. "Thank you for your correspondence of October 18, 2022, on behalf of your constituent, (name). (Name) did not pass Tier 1 psychological screening. He now requires a Tier 2 psychological evaluation which is conducted by clinical psychologists working in the community. A large backlog has built up over the course of the pandemic. We schedule on a first-in, first-out basis, and there are over 50 applicants in front of (Name). We anticipate another 3 months before we are able to further work on his case." So looks like more waiting. I'm from 2021 bid.
There has to be more than 50

Back
Top Bottom