MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

I didnt feel comfortable dropping all my classes without an FOL with a class date. Also my university was pretty unclear whether I would get refunded or not and I didnt want to risk my last semester of GI bill. There was too many unknowns to just drop my classes and it didnt help that I couldnt get any answers from KH before Monday. Had he told me I would need to start sooner then I wouldve just dropped the classes and taken the loss. It all worked out though thankfully.

Meh, you'll be fine man. Just knock it out. Get it done and over with. Could help you down the line anyhow.

I’m convinced this will be a two year journey for me, my buddy hit the jackpot though. Was tier-two for like two and half months. Got his list today.

Well I've been posting to the "tier 2 community" for a year now and this is what my timeline looks like complete. I don't think Ill have to update again but good luck to everyone on this long journey! There are the rare few who have had it worse then me (at least on these forums ) but if you really don't mind waiting years for a position then I am sure you will get there. Good luck everyone!

(Bold are the long wait points)
Application 3/19/2018
TOL: 6/08/18
CIL: 6/26/18
EQIP: 6/28/18
MMPI-2: 6/28/18
Medical: 7/10/18
Drug test: 7/10/18
Tier 2 Appointment 3/15/2019
Tier 2 cleared 7/12/2019

Drug test refresh 7/18/2019
Medically cleared 7/29/2019
Facility list 8/8/2019
submitted list preference 8/10/2019
Facility placement (not firm offer letter but selection of start date (negotiation)) 8/20/2019
Accepted and selected start date 8/21/2019
FOL 8/23/2019
Start date 9/30/2019

Anyone got any tips to keep your mind off this? It seems like I can’t shake this out of my head. Also seems like our FAA peeps might have gone on vacation...Had my tier 2 appointment 6/27, so I’m thinking it could come here within the next week or 2...

I’ve done a lot of traveling in the past few months. Took a lot of vacations lol, it actually helped. I actually got notified I cleared tier 2 while in japan lol. Hopefully you hear back soon.
Anyone got any tips to keep your mind off this? It seems like I can’t shake this out of my head. Also seems like our FAA peeps might have gone on vacation...Had my tier 2 appointment 6/27, so I’m thinking it could come here within the next week or 2...

Just got to sit and wait until the next wave comes through. You're not alone here. It's been about 3 weeks since the last batch of people passed through so let's hope it's a monthly event. I'm praying for early/mid September but who the hell knows...

If I understood KH correctly, it seems the classes might be all full up and he couldn't offer a class date until the new fiscal year. The hardest part for me was constantly checking here. Once people started getting their stuff I was checking here 3 times a day and refreshing my inbox like crazy. Free time is not your friend in this situation lol

Best way to keep your mind off of this whole fiasco we got ourselves into is to give yourself a new objective, a milestone that may take a few months to achieve. I’m getting my pilots license, and on top of school/work, I don’t ever think about this bs anymore. Just check in here for info every now and then, chime in with your POC’s once a month so they don’t forget about you and the time will whiz by. As always.... hurry up and wait.

what's your backup plan if the FAA doesn't work out? That'd be a good thing to focus on to pass the time

Because us Tier II people have nothing else to do I went ahead and found the dates of the last 4 batches of Tier II clearance groups.

Group 1: 4/18/2019 (Thursday)
Group 2: 5/30/2019 (Thursday) 42 Days
Group 3: 7/11/2019 (Thursday) 42 Days
Group 4: 8/9/2019 (Friday) 29 Days

I'd say expect an email Sept 12-19 if we're lucky...

Because us Tier II people have nothing else to do I went ahead and found the dates of the last 4 batches of Tier II clearance groups.

Group 1: 4/18/2019 (Thursday)
Group 2: 5/30/2019 (Thursday) 42 Days
Group 3: 7/11/2019 (Thursday) 42 Days
Group 4: 8/9/2019 (Friday) 29 Days

I'd say expect an email Sept 12-19 if we're lucky...
They send emails out in batches? I thought they do it one individual at a time.

They send emails out in batches? I thought they do it one individual at a time.
If you look back in the thread, there's always 3 or 4 people posting on the same day that they cleared and then it goes silent for about a month. Then a handful more on another day.

If you look back in the thread, there's always 3 or 4 people posting on the same day that they cleared and then it goes silent for about a month. Then a handful more on another day.
I’ve noticed that, but what I’m trying to figure out is do they send out the first emails out in batches, the emails that tell you what doctor to schedule with. Because I haven’t even gotten an email yet to see the doctor. Or do you mean they just medically clear them in batches?

I’ve noticed that, but what I’m trying to figure out is do they send out the first emails out in batches, the emails that tell you what doctor to schedule with. Because I haven’t even gotten an email yet to see the doctor. Or do you mean they just medically clear them in batches?
Looks like those are the all cleared notifications.

I still haven't received a scheduling email either despite having given what was supposed to be the last piece of information required.

Who knows maybe they aren't working until the new fiscal year...

Back
Top Bottom