MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Had my appointment on 6/11 HQ received results on 7/25. Still waiting. Emailed RDC last week to make sure they're not missing any paperwork and he said no he's just waiting for final report. Any day now...
Same here waiting. Psych sent the eval in 8/1, it appears that they didn’t get it till 9/3. Don’t know why it was sitting for so long. Hopefully we get notified before the government shuts down.

Same here waiting. Psych sent the eval in 8/1, it appears that they didn’t get it till 9/3. Don’t know why it was sitting for so long. Hopefully we get notified before the government shuts down.
If I follow your rate I will get a ‘received’ email tomorrow. I haven’t heard anything since my appointment on August 13th.

This is a silly question: they would've told me by now if I were tier 2, right? No one explicitly told me I'm Tier 2, she just asked for medical/personnel records from active duty back in Feb (medical POC has received all of them by now). Basically what I'm asking is wouldn't they have told me I'm Tier 2 by now? 7/18 bid

This is a silly question: they would've told me by now if I were tier 2, right? No one explicitly told me I'm Tier 2, she just asked for medical/personnel records from active duty back in Feb (medical POC has received all of them by now). Basically what I'm asking is wouldn't they have told me I'm Tier 2 by now? 7/18 bid
I'd just call/email your HR rep and ask what they're waiting on.

No, only reason I found out was because I directly asked and they just acted like it was a given. Lol

Okay, so funny enough I got an email from my medical POC today telling me to have an appointment with a Psychiatrist or Psychologist with a form attached-- for a psych eval. This is after FS reviewed my active duty records s/he received in August. I never stepped foot in mental health my entire military career except for when you have to talk to the wizard after deployments and I said nothing iffy

I'm in southern region

Did I fail my fucking MMPI2 back in February or something?! How much longer is this shit gonna take once I send that eval back? The psych is my choice (I'll be using my VA psych), which makes me think I didn't fail MMPI2 and instead they're just asking for a psych eval to check me out for anxiety I had a while ago? Criminy!

Okay, so funny enough I got an email from my medical POC today telling me to have an appointment with a Psychiatrist or Psychologist with a form attached-- for a psych eval. This is after FS reviewed my active duty records s/he received in August. I never stepped foot in mental health my entire military career except for when you have to talk to the wizard after deployments and I said nothing iffy

I'm in southern region

Did I fail my fucking MMPI2 back in February or something?! How much longer is this shit gonna take once I send that eval back? The psych is my choice (I'll be using my VA psych), which makes me think I didn't fail MMPI2 and instead they're just asking for a psych eval to check me out for anxiety I had a while ago? Criminy!
It's not a failure. More like you got flagged because I did too, sent in my military records and am waiting to get my psych eval. You'll redo the questionnaire and get the evaluation sent back. Then you'll wait until you're cleared or not. Can't really say how long it'll take. Depends on your POC, how fast they work and how fast medical clears you. I started the Tier 2 process in April and now I'm waiting for my appt and then, I'm assuming, a couple months for the flight surgeon to get around to my stuff.

It's not a failure. More like you got flagged because I did too, sent in my military records and am waiting to get my psych eval. You'll redo the questionnaire and get the evaluation sent back. Then you'll wait until you're cleared or not. Can't really say how long it'll take. Depends on your POC, how fast they work and how fast medical clears you. I started the Tier 2 process in April and now I'm waiting for my appt and then, I'm assuming, a couple months for the flight surgeon to get around to my stuff.
Looks like everyone has to get through Hope. She is the gate keeper for tier 2. Good luck gents. Just be annoying or forget about it. Only 2 pieces of advice I could recommend.

Edit: solved, but leaving the post up for anyone who might find it useful in the future

What do you mean I'll redo the questionnaire? The MedXpress thing? MMPI2? Am I Tier 2 then? And I'll have to have another appointment once they receive my psych eval?

Sorry, I'm totally lost
This is what my analyst sent me:

"Good morning orochimaru:

The flight surgeon has reviewed your file and is requesting a current mental health evaluation by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.

Please see the attached authorization/release; you only need to choose one doctor. Please forward the form back to me when complete.

Thanks,
Analyst"

She didn't give me a list of providers to use, so I'm assuming I'm just going to fill out the authorisation form and have it notarized then do my psych eval with a VA psych after I get a PCP referral; will the VA cover this even?

Edit: I emailed medical Poc to see what exactly is needed as mental health evaluation is too vague. Gonna take forever to get a response. Blah

Edit 2: Leaving this post up should anyone in the future search for something similar. Surprisingly my medical POC got immediately back to me. That's awesome. Southern region. I didn't fail MMPI2 nor were any marks flagged. They want a mental health status update concerning anxiety I had like 5 years ago (this is such history and so ancient to me; that's why I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I understand why it is). So, yeah. Making appointment with a psych familiar with FAA stuff later and paying out of pocket cuz I'm not sure if VA will cover it, and if they do I can't help but think they'll goof it up. Anyway, I'll update with the cost and outcome later should anyone searching find this info valuable

Edit 3: $1400

Last edited:
Got an email from RDC. My appointment was 6/10 and he told me the eval received 9/19. Guess we’ll see how much longer this takes.

My psychologist sent my evaluation in 8/1 and they received it 9/3. So we’re on the same boat. RDC specified 4-6 weeks. I’m not sure from what point that time frame is valid. From the time he sent me the up date or from the time they received the eval. As of this week I’m on the 4th week of them receiving the eval. From the time he sent me the update just one week. We shall see. Hoping to get in end of October TBH.

My psychologist sent my evaluation in 8/1 and they received it 9/3. So we’re on the same boat. RDC specified 4-6 weeks. I’m not sure from what point that time frame is valid. From the time he sent me the up date or from the time they received the eval. As of this week I’m on the 4th week of them receiving the eval. From the time he sent me the update just one week. We shall see. Hoping to get in end of October TBH.
They've had my eval since 7/27 so take that with a grain of salt. Still haven't heard anything.

Last edited:
They've had my eval since 7/27 so take that with a grain on salt. Still haven't heard anything.
Same here. RDC told me on 9/3 that HQ received my eval on 7/26 and to expect final report in a few weeks. Hopefully by end of October, if not within the next week or two. At this point, I don’t care how long it will take to get a date once medically cleared, I just want to get out of this their 2 process so that people will actually talk to me...it’s the “not knowing where you are and no one will tell you anything“ stuff that’s really annoying

I’m from the 2018 bid and haven’t heard from
Hope yet. Do you think the new hiring plan (preference for CTI students and veterans) will effect those of us who are OTS and in Tier 2 limbo?

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to tier 2. Most of the guys on here were vets for tier 2 and we have all had different experiences

Hope contacted me for a residency update so she can find a provider. This is after a few hoops I've jumped through.

Looks like this 2017 TOL holder might finally get an appointment!!!

Funny thing this is all happening as I'm about to interview for a good paying job with an aerospace company.... go figure lol.

Hope contacted me for a residency update so she can find a provider. This is after a few hoops I've jumped through.

Looks like this 2017 TOL holder might finally get an appointment!!!

Funny thing this is all happening as I'm about to interview for a good paying job with an aerospace company.... go figure lol.
If you get the aerospace job take it, too many unknowns and bull shit with this here. Though if you have been getting the run around for over two years now and am still this excited maybe you can handle that......

Back
Top Bottom