Monkeypox Vaccine Info

DeltaBravo

FAA
Facility
SAN San Diego Tower
Someone made a satirical post on this topic, but has anyone heard any information regarding the pox vaccine and whether it downs you medically? Has the agency given any guidance yet?

Last edited:

? ? ?​

hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil-bettmann.jpg

I got my first last week and called AMAS. A day later they told me it’s FDA approved so it would be approved for the FAA but some regions may require a 24-48 observation period and to contact my local flight surgeon for more info. It was too late at that point so I just worked as normal, but the first dose did knock me on my ass for a few days

I got my first last week and called AMAS. A day later they told me it’s FDA approved so it would be approved for the FAA but some regions may require a 24-48 observation period and to contact my local flight surgeon for more info. It was too late at that point so I just worked as normal, but the first dose did knock me on my ass for a few days
I spoke with the SoCal aero med office today. They expect a 48 hour non-operational period post-vaccination. That’s for our region anyhow.

For anyone genuinely interested in the topic of this thread instead of trolling, here is some info…

I was vaccinated yesterday… I feel a little tired and have a sore arm, but fine otherwise. My county also offers to vaccinate for other communicable diseases (i.e. Hep A/B and measles) at the same time for free if you aren’t already. If you went to public school almost anywhere in America, you’re most likely already vaccinated.

My region requires a 48 non-operational time so plan for that. This might be agency-wide, but I’m not sure.

Most healthy people in the US seeking a vaccine will receive JYYNEOS which is administered in two separate doses. The first dose provides roughly 80% efficacy. The second dose is given about a month later and you’re considered fully vaccinated about two weeks beyond that. It was FDA approved in 2019 and prevents Smallpox and Monkeypox!

Smallpox vaccine. If you’ve had this vaccination you do have some protection against Monkeypox. These vaccinations are less common today- I only received mine in preparation for deployment in the military. This vaccine is no longer routinely administered in the US after the 1970s; Smallpox was considered eradicated here after mass vaccination.

I hope this helps. Be healthy!

Back
Top Bottom