NATCA Nominations for President/Vice President

I'm not the least bit surprised that money is being spent without members knowing what it's being spent on.
You mean maybe they don't want members to know how much was spent in support of privatization?

This is definitely why I lowered my PAC donation to $10. Where is the money going? What is it bank rolling? A simple bipartisan split in donations is not enough for me to accept. There needs to be accountability at every level of the union and not in just a fiscal manner.

I have not heard from any of the other candidates, as soon as we do I will update their positions accordingly.

This is definitely why I lowered my PAC donation to $10. Where is the money going? What is it bank rolling? A simple bipartisan split in donations is not enough for me to accept. There needs to be accountability at every level of the union and not in just a fiscal manner.

I have not heard from any of the other candidates, as soon as we do I will update their positions accordingly.

I started donating after the privatization bill died. If another one comes out and NATCA starts promoting it again I'll stop donating again.

I started donating after the privatization bill died. If another one comes out and NATCA starts promoting it again I'll stop donating again.

You have to prove a point somewhere down the line though, if you donate off and on when they don't do something you like they will never get the message. Give me full accountability on the money and I might turn it back up to max, until then, I can't see myself doing it again.

I am drafting a list of questions for the candidates and reaching out to them, does anyone have questions they wish me to include? Should they respond I will happily post the responses here on .65.

Met Ham once seems like a good dude, always keeps the NWP members well informed via email, and everyone who isn't anti-natca seems to like the guy.

Maybe it’s cuz we are in the middle of the ocean, but most people here do not like Ham and we are not anti-union. I have meet him numerous times. He would maybe get 25% of our 100ish voted here. He knows how to talk the talk, tells you what you want to hear, but has very little action. Everything is “collaboration” which typically mean the membership bends over. You only need to look at how week out region is compared to everyone else to see what little pull he has.

Absolutely, we want to give the candidates time to publish their plans and goals, at the same time we want people to keep asking questions as well.

Here's some interesting NATCA information that I've never looked into before. I don't have any input on it, just thought others would like to see it.
Union Facts | Air Traffic Controllers | Profile, Membership, Leaders, Political Operations, etc.
Good stuff. I'm guessing this might be a few years old though, Phil hasn't been an RVP for 3 years. Although... he was hired as a consultant (no consultation with the NEB) for $10K a month plus expenses starting in 2016.

You can look at all of NATCA's LM2's on the DOL website and see where the money goes.

So people at convention are pissed about zilonis running. I was at an event where someone said “Just don’t vote Zilonis” and someone asked why and they almost got punched for it. Kind of weird.

This is suppose to be a free and fair election for the membership to consider candidates from all aspects of the Union. I don’t know though, seems that if you go against the status quo and break with the Union’s crafted narrative there are consequences. Bryan’s statement about not being able to have an opposing discussion/view point continues to be hammered home...

I bet this election is much closer than people will perceive it to be. Seems like you can't publicly support him for fear of being blacklisted or whatever, but when you're anonymous in front of the ballot I bet Z will get quite a few votes...Similar to how our presidential election went last year.

I bet this election is much closer than people will perceive it to be. Seems like you can't publicly support him for fear of being blacklisted or whatever, but when you're anonymous in front of the ballot I bet Z will get quite a few votes...Similar to how our presidential election went last year.

People have to step up to the plate, bring recognition to these candidates. We have a CHOICE. Many people I know are angry at the status quo, it is time to warp that anger into something constructive. Volunteers, Grassroots movements, everyone can do something.

People have to step up to the plate, bring recognition to these candidates. We have a CHOICE. Many people I know are angry at the status quo, it is time to warp that anger into something constructive. Volunteers, Grassroots movements, everyone can do something.
exactly. I just think people are intimidated to speak out, especially at the convention but once that ballot is in their face and it's completely anonymous we could have some surprises.

Is this being talked about off hours at the convention for anyone who's there, I mean what the video pertains to?

Correct not being brought up at all. However until today, Paul and Trish moved a way from business after lunch and gave a detailed presentation of the entire timeline of privatization disputing all of the accusations. It was very clearly directed at Bryan and Hamid and they even used a video of Hamid giving a speech supporting privatization in a previous convention.

Correct not being brought up at all. However until today, Paul and Trish moved a way from business after lunch and gave a detailed presentation of the entire timeline of privatization disputing all of the accusations. It was very clearly directed at Bryan and Hamid and they even used a video of Hamid giving a speech supporting privatization in a previous convention.

I didn’t realise a convention was the appropriate forum to attack members. Funny, you’d think they would be open to a town hall with round robin questions.

Last edited:

that's some dirty politics right there!

Back
Top Bottom