NCEPT debate thread

I’ve seen the December numbers just curious where we stand now. Also wondering if this stagnation at lower to mid level facilities is an issue they are addressing? It might just be me but it seems the same facilities keep releasing while some just sit and wait with no end in sight
I can attest to that being at a 5

Lets get 4-7 facilities able to release down to 70% of target, get rid of the second round, and staff 7-9 up to 110% on the first round.

I
I still think if you put in for a place then turn it down, it should suspend or cancel all other ERRs for 1 year.
I disagree, sometimes life changes and you gotta turn something down that originally was a good plan. Family needs, kids, et cetera. Just a different perspective.

Sometimes it’s too late for that, other controllers should stop getting so salty.

It depends, if another controller was going to get out, it’s wrong.

Let me guess, if you had a swap with someone, but things changed for you, you’d back out and that would be fine too?

Sometimes it’s too late for that, other controllers should stop getting so salty.

You can email very close to the selection board and get your ERR removed. People get salty because controllers that don’t actual think if it’s logical for them/their family to accept that facility and just put in without much thought - preventing others from getting to often times their dream facilities and progressing our career. Usually it’s not a family issue that came up immediately after they were selected.

You can email the people running the program directly and they have all of their information readily available. I wouldn't be surprised if you could pull paperwork up to the day before.

It depends, if another controller was going to get out, it’s wrong.
It's not just your facility. Maybe you're the only one trying to leave where you are, but someone else in the NAS could be trying to get where you got accepted and you just took their spot.

It's not, you can remove your ERRs up to the morning of. Your life does not change that fast. As you're fairly new to the agency, I'd sincerely hope you'd educate yourself on the process and the ramifications before you hurt your fellow controllers.

Life happens after yesterday and today. Are you going to go just because you don't want to screw someone else if your house won't sell, spouses' job transfer doesn't go thru as expected?

Life happens. It's all timing in the FAA. The sooner people figure that out the better they will be.

Life happens after yesterday and today. Are you going to go just because you don't want to screw someone else if your house won't sell, spouses' job transfer doesn't go thru as expected
Yes and yes. Without question. People transfer all the time with these up in the air. These are perfect examples of not thinking things through prior to putting in an ERR. You're going to need to sell your house (or rent it out) and your wife is going to need to find a new job. If a hiccup in either causes you to decline, don't put in an ERR.

Last edited:

As stated it’s not too late up til day off, and honestly if something drastic changed and you had to turn down no one is gonna be salty, what pisses people off are the selfish people that don’t care about others and just shotgun blast errs and then turn them down because they are not willing to go there. There is no excuse for this and should not be allowed or have some sort of ramifications for doing so.

As stated it’s not too late up til day off, and honestly if something drastic changed and you had to turn down no one is gonna be salty, what pisses people off are the selfish people that don’t care about others and just shotgun blast errs and then turn them down because they are not willing to go there. There is no excuse for this and should not be allowed or have some sort of ramifications for doing so.
What about people who shotgun blast ERRs, accept the first taker, then withdraw from training after 6 weeks and return to their old facility because they didn’t like the seniority or days off or the possibility of being stuck there, knew they’d be a quick checkout back home then could go try to err to some other place real quick? Think those people should be barred for awhile?

What about people who shotgun blast ERRs, accept the first taker, then withdraw from training after 6 weeks and return to their old facility because they didn’t like the seniority or days off or the possibility of being stuck there, knew they’d be a quick checkout back home then could go try to err to some other place real quick? Think those people should be barred for awhile?
I'd absolutely be for removing return rights

if you all are going to debate people who turn down a selections, or don’t pull their ERRs, and they should be penalized, might as well discuss people with suspect hardships transfers to circumnavigate the ncept process. Such as They should have to stay at the facility they get for x amount of years or months. There will always be scammers, and for every one there might be a legitimate person who just so happens to do the exact same thing people complain about. It would be very difficult to institute a blanket rule for any one of these things without screwing people over.

Yeah you can withdraw your paperwork up to the last day before the selection, but then let's say your release date is a year out. Then something happens between getting picked up and getting to your new facility. I don't think that's them shafting anyone, they're just between a rock and a hard place.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I would probably be on board with a policy to the effect of once you get a TOL you aren't eligible to put in ERR paperwork for x amount of time. I think that would incentivize people to only put in for places they actually want, and those that have to withdraw for whatever reason most likely aren't going to want to leave immediately anyways. I've also met some people that have controllers at their facility that get picked up, wash out, fast track back, get picked up, etc. This would potentially put in a buffer for those people to allow talented controllers that would certify to move up and successfully staff the system at the critical facilities.

Back
Top Bottom