Dismiss Notice
Much more information and resources are available to registered users. Sign up now to take full advantage of the site!

NCEPT debate thread

Discussion in 'Scratch Pad' started by DeltaEEZulu, Aug 7, 2017.

1. DeltaEEZulu

DeltaEEZulu Chow Runner FAA

FAA Facility:
    GRR Grand Rapids Tower
    Why

2. Clouds_Connected

Clouds_Connected G.O.A.T. I ♥ pointSixtyFive

Why? Is your question directed at the first half of my statement or the second?

Possibly because, oh, I don't know, when you see folks getting sent directly to a place where someone who is certified has transfer paperwork in to, it's somewhat demoralizing?

Folks getting sent to a place that is already well staffed, in an ideal location, whereas someone who has been in the agency and has shown they can do the job and wants to work up to a bigger, better place simply can't because the open spots are filled by a new comer.

You're either a troll of some sorts, given your short time here and when you do put your fingers to the keyboard, nothing but snarky remarks are typed out.. Or you're just a complete moron.

royalatc likes this.
  3. DeltaEEZulu

FAA Facility:
    GRR Grand Rapids Tower
    Ehhh. A lot of direct hires are more than capable to handle more than a 5/6. The FAA sees this, and will continue to send them there. Pump the CTI and OTS kids to the 5/6s.

Turn Right or Die likes this.
  4. Clouds_Connected

Clouds_Connected G.O.A.T. I ♥ pointSixtyFive

So just sit quietly and allow new hires to go basically anywhere they may be deemed "capable". Makes sense. I mean, transferring out is an obsolete idea anyways, right? Keep sending those new hires to MIA. I'll ask for my paperwork to be removed.

DeltaEEZulu likes this.
  5. corn4ahead

corn4ahead Certified

But there are also so many CTI/OTS CPCs that are more than capable of working high level facilities. It wasn't our choice where we started.

Uscolt45 and Clouds_Connected like this.
  6. Uscolt45

Uscolt45 Certified

I've seen more "military controllers" wash out than I have OTS or CTI. Just sayin. If someone has an err from a low facility to a better one that has need, the FAA should send a new guy there. Tell the CPC with paperwork out once you certify your replacement your transfer is approved. Cracks me up seeing all these people release over and over on NCEPT panels, and then poof they are below a cat 2 not selecting anyone. How about selecting people to replace the ones leaving on the same panel? I realize some idiots apply for places they won't go and turn down NCEPT offers (13 this round?). But it's ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

Caldwell likes this.
  7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Certified

Good for you. Don't turn it into a military versus CTI pissing match. There are good and bad of both. I'm unsure what you're going for by mentioning it but it strikes of OTS/CTI are better.

8. Omegahare

Omegahare Certified

And the agency has 0 clue which ones are capable. You must be rather new or have only dealt with a small sample size of prev experience hires. The number of VRAs that are absolutely horrible is astonishing.

9. breakaway2000

breakaway2000 Moderator Staff Member

He's contradicting DeltaEE's logic of trying to justify prior experience hires being sent to higher level facilities. If I recall, you weren't pleased when a number of prior experience new hires were sent to APA.

Uscolt45 likes this.
  10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Certified

Correct. That's not the issue. The issue is posts like the one above yours that insinuate that any given background of hire is better or worse than others. I'd be just as annoyed if they were sent there OTS/CTI out of the academy

11. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Certified

Speaking of direct hires, how about the new N90 direct hire posting

12. DeltaEEZulu

FAA Facility:
    GRR Grand Rapids Tower
    The FAA will continue to pump these direct hires to these facilities because it saves money. NATCA is on board with it because it helps their big money makers out (9+). I think we all know NATCA could give 2 shits for the lower level facilities.

royalatc, corn4ahead and MJ like this.
  13. DeltaEEZulu

FAA Facility:
    GRR Grand Rapids Tower
    This is great news if you're looking for your ticket out of your current facility. Sounds like they're doing away with the Lvl 8 requirement for this bid.

14. Uscolt45

Uscolt45 Certified

I personally feel that background doesn't mean shit. You can do it or you can't. You put in he work or you don't. As said above, and seen in my quote the guy said to pump 5/6 with OTS and CTI like the military direct hires are better. Think you're better off barking at him.

breakaway2000 likes this.
  15. Turn Right or Die

Turn Right or Die Developmental

4 out of 5 "crappy military controllers" that I know have got certified at N90.... 3 out of 3 at A80.

royalatc and Huntin_GI like this.
  16. corn4ahead

corn4ahead Certified

But who really cares? This is not a CTI vs military thread. You can do the job or you can't.

I personally don't care where you come from or what you background is. The reason NATCA is dropping the ball is by not supporting the best interests of ALL dues paying members.

fmkelly and Uscolt45 like this.
  17. rugbydog11

rugbydog11 Certified FAA

FAA Facility:
    MSY New Orleans Tower
    I still think if you put in for a place then turn it down, it should suspend or cancel all other ERRs for 1 year.

royalatc, TAS, Robertb and 5 others like this.
  18. Turn Right or Die

This should be standard.

19. breakaway2000

breakaway2000 Moderator Staff Member

I'll try to cross-reference when I get to work later to find out how many have been successful, but since 2013, N90 has washed out 31 direct hires. 24 of which didn't progress past the first stage of training. A80 has washed out 4.

rugbydog11 likes this.
  20. Turn Right or Die

All "Prior experience" hires are not equal. Ha