NDJH - Developmental Wages I Team Daniels-Haltom

The premise behind the current system is something that is definitely needed: an incentive for training. If everyone got CPC pay as soon as they walked in the door, why would anybody want to check out quickly? As a trainee, you get to bid developmental schedules, you aren’t forced to work OT (or at least less often than CPCs), and it’s easier to get spot leave approved. Without some type of incentive, it may actually entice people to drag training out as long as possible which only hurts the workforce farther.

That being said, nobody should be graduating from the Academy and then making LESS than the national average salary, which is unlivable in many cities. The current 5-tier AG to CPC system is over complicated and flawed.

I would say just start everyone at 80% CPC base pay, and then you get the remaining 20% after checking out. So if your CPC base is $120,000, you make $96K the day you walk in the door, which is enough to make ends meet, and when you CPC, you get a $24,000 raise which is still enough of an incentive for people not to drag their feet.
The FAA can assign work and approve schedules and leave. Scammers dragging stuff out is as much of a failure and anything else.

The premise behind the current system is something that is definitely needed: an incentive for training. If everyone got CPC pay as soon as they walked in the door, why would anybody want to check out quickly? As a trainee, you get to bid developmental schedules, you aren’t forced to work OT (or at least less often than CPCs), and it’s easier to get spot leave approved. Without some type of incentive, it may actually entice people to drag training out as long as possible which only hurts the workforce farther.

That being said, nobody should be graduating from the Academy and then making LESS than the national average salary, which is unlivable in many cities. The current 5-tier AG to CPC system is over complicated and flawed.

I would say just start everyone at 80% CPC base pay, and then you get the remaining 20% after checking out. So if your CPC base is $120,000, you make $96K the day you walk in the door, which is enough to make ends meet, and when you CPC, you get a $24,000 raise which is still enough of an incentive for people not to drag their feet.
The incentive should be not getting fired.

My man or if CPC pay was 120k, the AGs get that right out the door and upon certification they get 30% more which is 156k it's the same situation

All current CPCs get a 30% raise

A rising tide lifts all boats

Raise when???

Daniel’s and Haltom put a new email out today that confirms their intentions on extending the slate book. They did previously visit my facility and talked openly about similar intentions. I tried to give them a pass for now as I was undecided and wanted the discussion to keep moving, but they have lost all possibility of my vote completely.

Daniel’s and Haltom put a new email out today that confirms their intentions on extending the slate book. They did previously visit my facility and talked openly about similar intentions. I tried to give them a pass for now as I was undecided and wanted the discussion to keep moving, but they have lost all possibility of my vote completely.
Copy of the email, if able?

You know you can respond to that email to tell him how you feel. I had a discussion with them responding to that email. He basically said the same stuff in the email but at least theyll know.

Let’s bring more attention to it. On Wednesday these scum talk about how they need to change AG and Developmental pay. On Saturday they explain why they want to extend the slate book (and therefor be unable to address trainee pay).

How bout actually doing something powerful? Stop helping the FAA with every little project until they agree to negotiate. As far as I can tell collaboration means we do busy work to help them with procedures and stuff. Then they go and do whatever they want with management. Is that the agreement we have?

It’s getting to the point where we need our own Operation Air Safety or where every controller shows up to work on a single day but asks for other duties because they are fatigued. I will keep saying it, we are too important, too powerful to just endure all this bullshit and be underpaid.

The NAS would literally fall apart if controllers stopped working their OT… not even just a normal work shift, their OT. This unchecked aggression against ATC will not stand man.

It’s getting to the point where we need our own Operation Air Safety or where every controller shows up to work on a single day but asks for other duties because they are fatigued. I will keep saying it, we are too important, too powerful to just endure all this bullshit and be underpaid.

The NAS would literally fall apart if controllers stopped working their OT… not even just a normal work shift, their OT. This unchecked aggression against ATC will not stand man.
Just have all the reps work currency during the rush on the same day

Just have all the reps work currency during the rush on the same day
Nah. I'm out in January. It's the favorites picking favorites for everything at my facility. Same group of people get rotated through airspace, training, rep for this, safety for this, briefing for that. And the national argument that got me was be thankful you have a job you covid trainees. 1.4% going to a club I'm not in is 2.8% going into my tsp. Wifi and holiday good just ain't worth it when I get unlimited 5g.

I've been a dues paying member for 12 years (since stuckmic) and the 50k yacht thing was it for me.

Go to any union local Facebook page-its the same people at the events and parties. The same ol club HAS to travel and make sacrifices with their families and wives.

I'm done funding it. I don't care if I have to log 6 hours on position when I'm doing 5 so people can have union duties. At least it'll be fairer and stop the scammers if the Agency takes full control.

Back
Top Bottom