NEST NEST Question.

I was a withdraw, so only 5 are offered, I knew my risk, but had great recommendations and support from both Union members and management.

For a normal training failure they say you'll be offered "all" facilities below the national staffing level, but it seems they just offer as many as there are people in the NEST that session. I know 2 washouts that got a list of 37 facilities and another wash in the next nest that only had 17 facilities.

But washouts do get bigger lists than withdraws. I completely understand the reasoning as well.

I see the reasoning for it but at the same time, if someone decides that they’re going to give minimal/little effort in order to end up elsewhere, you’re wasting a facility’s time when you could just withdraw if the “only 5” penalty wasn’t there and save everyone the time. There is no perfect system though. We’ve seen people abuse the system with withdrawals as well. It all just starts with placement. Original placement should be evaluated and changed.

Looking at this graph, all facilities projected below CPC national average would be available.

Which figure is this. I'm trying to use the NATCA website at home using the priority placement tool, is this number the 'possible gains to target' or 'possible gains to national average'. and Is there anywhere to view the current national average in general? Thanks again.

What factors attributed to you washing out?

Hey everyone, Recent Center washout here. Washed on my first Radar sector. I've heard I can 'expect' to be offered level 7's and below.

Does anyone have any idea about how to figure out which towers, could be offered? I'm curious if there is any sort of hard data I could look at to see what may come up. Also if anyone here was recently in the nest and could share their list that would be great. I really appreciate all the help.

home, resources, documents, staffing and placement, Priority Placement Tool

2nd to last column will have the possible gains to national average percent

Well, I've heard I wont get any up/down options due to not having any initial Radar positions. so just level 7 towers only. Does anyone know if the letter you write with your Nest package has any bearing to as general locations?

Are you saying you've washed from three facilities, and they've retained you each time? I've been debating what the lowest 'training success rate' i'd like to consider is. I've heard if you wash from two facilities it's done.
If you wash 2 in a row. If you wash then get reassigned and get certified you have as written in the contract a "clean slate." But you have to be willing to move out of pocket anywhere in the country and never wash twice in a row

If you wash 2 in a row. If you wash then get reassigned and get certified you have as written in the contract a "clean slate." But you have to be willing to move out of pocket anywhere in the country and never wash twice in a row
The language that mandated that two washouts in a row results in termination has been removed. Because a lot of times they weren’t following that anyway.

I mean, it doesn’t say exactly that, but it definitely makes it subject to discretion:

Slate book, Article 61:

Section 3. If an employee, who was previously facility certified, transfers and fails to achieve full certification in his/her new facility, he/she will be provided a list of facilities for which he/she qualifies and where a vacancy exists. The employee will select one for reassignment. This list may include the employee's previous facility if a vacancy exists.

An employee failing to reach facility certification at two (2) consecutive facilities, whether due to failing training or withdrawing prior to certification, may be eligible for retention. After achieving facility certification and entering a new assignment requiring training, the employee commences training with a “clean slate.”

What did it used to say? I thought the Red book said about the same.

The NEST page on KSN used to have statistics about washout terminations, I recall seeing some CPC-ITs on there, but it wasn’t many.

Back
Top Bottom