Question after washing out

Long story short: Washed @ my zeee while certifying on my 2nd D side. Went through the NEST, didn't get offered any towers or FSS. Union reps pretty much told me, 'Welp, what can you do?'. ATM was cool, offered me a flight data position, so I've been doing that for a few months now.

My (potentially dumb) question is, do I have a direct path to getting back to a 2152 position with the faa through ERR, or other means? Union isn't being helpful, and anyone else I ask isn't sure or won't give me a straight answer. No tower ratings, so can't do contract, and not interested in joining military

thanks! that's what I figured
Broaden your horizons a bit would be my advice, the agency has many lines of businesses that need people. Retool that resume, use the time you spend at whatever band and looking for similar band positions in a Regional Operations Center, or FSDO offices. There is a lot of upward mobility still, not as much as if you had been certified but still some.

You won’t like my advice, you can no longer get good time with the FAA. If I were you’d I’d jump ship, fed firefighters/ fed police/ nuclear couriers all offer good time for that sweet early retirement and bigger pension

Long story short: Washed @ my zeee while certifying on my 2nd D side. Went through the NEST, didn't get offered any towers or FSS. Union reps pretty much told me, 'Welp, what can you do?'. ATM was cool, offered me a flight data position, so I've been doing that for a few months now.

My (potentially dumb) question is, do I have a direct path to getting back to a 2152 position with the faa through ERR, or other means? Union isn't being helpful, and anyone else I ask isn't sure or won't give me a straight answer. No tower ratings, so can't do contract, and not interested in joining military
I thought you just needed a single D side certification to get offered a tower? Seems like you got screwed here.

I thought you just needed a single D side certification to get offered a tower? Seems like you got screwed here.
My understanding was 2. You go from AG to D1 after getting 2, and I was always under the impression they will not offer anything unless you’re D1

Broaden your horizons a bit would be my advice, the agency has many lines of businesses that need people. Retool that resume, use the time you spend at whatever band and looking for similar band positions in a Regional Operations Center, or FSDO offices. There is a lot of upward mobility still, not as much as if you had been certified but still some.
Thanks for the tip. I've already setup multiple usajobs alert for a dozen different 2100 series jobs

when I see things like this:
Trainee at my facility washed out with no d-sides and got a list with 40+ facilities I believe.
I think you may be right. Looking back, I probably should have dug my heels in more. I had already been in over a year, so it wasn't a probationary issue. but my union rep made it seem like my only options were flight data or a contractor running the sim lab.

when I see things like this:

I think you may be right. Looking back, I probably should have dug my heels in more. I had already been in over a year, so it wasn't a probationary issue. but my union rep made it seem like my only options were flight data or a contractor running the sim lab.
Might have been a special case; the individual I’m speaking of worked an admin role in the training dept for almost a year before he got his nest list.

Don't forget Aircraft Dispatch, Southwest was recently hiring for $98k.

Back
Top Bottom