New Facility Placement Procedure

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
How are things changing? Also like those are the only two centers available to be sent too at the moment?

1 slot per person. every facility on the list will be picked. those 2 mentioned are the only ones which can be requested.

OCONUS will not be offered. They must be volunteered for, and will only be filled when within the first 250 slots (unknown if national or academy list is used for reference).

Last edited:
1 slot per person. every facility on the list will be picked. those 2 mentioned are the only ones which can be requested.

MJ knows everything! Question for you. Say we have a guy whose spouse is at ZMP, and he is almost certain to go there if he passes. Do we keep his slot available or will they just remove it?

He will go there. 1 slot offered for each person passed. He has his slot pre-assigned.

Is this how they are going to do the Terminal classes as well? And when does this change take effect?

You can certainly request it, just has to be before the official list gets to us. Also, he said that Alaska, Hawaii and Guam were just unlikely atm, but we have plenty of time for that to change of course!
Ahh alright, now I remember. Thanks! Bet you had a good time at CAMI today ;)

So does this mean for future academy attendees that if a center needs 5 bodies (one that would likely show up more than once on a current list, e.g., Oakland or salt lake city) that 5 graduates are guaranteed to be sent there?

Can someone clarify on the new placement procedure? I am expecting a class date coming soon and live right by ZOB.. I am hoping to get into that center..

So does this mean for future academy attendees that if a center needs 5 bodies (one that would likely show up more than once on a current list, e.g., Oakland or salt lake city) that 5 graduates are guaranteed to be sent there?
It means for every one person who graduates, one slot on the placement list will be made available to choose from. It doesn't do anything to how facilities are slotted in priority. If ZOA is on there 5 times, 5 people are going to ZOA.

Can someone clarify on the new placement procedure? I am expecting a class date coming soon and live right by ZOB.. I am hoping to get into that center..

see above.

So in other words we now will have no choice of where we go after academy?
Not really. Just means it is much more beneficial to place higher in your class. I just looked over the current list, if 16 people graduate the class that leaves (assuming priority is from first slot down) 7 centers to be chosen from. You just have to hope that the center you want is on that list and anyone that has a higher class placement than you doesn't want the same center.

Not really. Just means it is much more beneficial to place higher in your class. I just looked over the current list, if 16 people graduate the class that leaves (assuming priority is from first slot down) 7 centers to be chosen from. You just have to hope that the center you want is on that list and anyone that has a higher class placement than you doesn't want the same center.
But now if you finish high you have twice as many choices...

Well this sounds like it blows... graduating mid May, seems like my class will be the first to get this. Anyone have a specific date this begins?

Last edited:
Well this sounds like it blows... graduating mid May, seems like my class will be the first to get this. Anyone have a specific date this begins?
According to the people from placement my class that started 4/4 is the first to go back to this placement procedure, so you should be fine. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Back
Top Bottom