New Facility Placement Procedure

Because there would be facilities that would NEVER get anyone.
You do think they could find anyone for ZOA out of the 40 million people that live in CA? I agree maybe not exact facility, but the old 2 states and maybe another I am willing to go anywhere option.

I think people's motivations are different. I personally cared much less about the location and more about the traffic volume and money. When I was hired I would have preferred to be able to pick based on facility levels rather than states/regions. At the time I would have been willing to go to any level 12 to include N90. I wasn't looking for a Republican welfare facility even if it was in a part of the country close to home. But, yeah, I guess the double whammy would be getting a low level facility in a part of the country you have no interest in living. It's those low level facilities in remote areas or VHCOL areas that would never get staffed if they only took volunteers.

it will only really affect people graduating if the facility we want is within 10 or so slots from the bottom of the placement list. whats frustrating is that we were just briefed last week on the 2 per graduate policy. I would think if they are going to change how things work, it would affect the next class to start. but oh well.

it will only really affect people graduating if the facility we want is within 10 or so slots from the bottom of the placement list. whats frustrating is that we were just briefed last week on the 2 per graduate policy. I would think if they are going to change how things work, it would affect the next class to start. but oh well.

I'm here too (3rd week of basics), and can't wait until someone officially has to come and be like, "Yeaaaa, you know how we told you it'll be 2 facilities per grad a couple weeks ago? Well Psyyyych haha byeeeeee enjoy Fairbanks!" I really can't comprehend why they just don't make a higher % of choices mando instead of essentially all of them mando...

Because of the manner of this MB, I feel I have to qualify this statement by saying I'm 100% grateful for this opportunity and will take wherever I can get, but it just kind of sucks that we were told one thing and they're going to change mid-class instead of just starting with a new class and making them the 1st one. Options are always nice, but c'est la vie.

I'm here too (3rd week of basics), and can't wait until someone officially has to come and be like, "Yeaaaa, you know how we told you it'll be 2 facilities per grad a couple weeks ago? Well Psyyyych haha byeeeeee enjoy Fairbanks!" I really can't comprehend why they just don't make a higher % of choices mando instead of essentially all of them mando...

Because of the manner of this MB, I feel I have to qualify this statement by saying I'm 100% grateful for this opportunity and will take wherever I can get, but it just kind of sucks that we were told one thing and they're going to change mid-class instead of just starting with a new class and making them the 1st one. Options are always nice, but c'est la vie.
Pretty sure it's not being sprung on current classes. I think it was said for Terminal it the class graduating late may is the first one.

Pretty sure it's not being sprung on current classes. I think it was said for Terminal it the class graduating late may is the first one.

His point is that there are already classes that will be affected by this but where briefed during INDOC about the 2 per person facility allotment. That's classes 111373, 111375 and 111377 that will be affected but are already at the academy and where briefed on the old system.

I'm confused? I heard the most recent (Terminal) Basics class was told 1 facility per grad, is that wrong? Also, we finish Evals on June 15th, so it's definitely going to impact our class if the May 15th crossover date is correct

I'm confused? I heard the most recent (Terminal) Basics class was told 1 facility per grad, is that wrong? Also, we finish Evals on June 15th, so it's definitely going to impact our class if the May 15th crossover date is correct

You're correct, all classes after 111373 which started Initial Tower on 3/29 are affected.

Any idea when they're going to have to let us in on this cruel joke?

Most likely when you finish basics. Placement is supposed to brief you again and show the class what the current list looks like. The last class to finish basics (111374/111375) was briefed yesterday after their EOC.

Most likely when you finish basics. Placement is supposed to brief you again and show the class what the current list looks like. The last class to finish basics (111374/111375) was briefed yesterday after their EOC.
I just want to hear their logic straight from their own mouths. They have to know people will be pretty pissed, especially after being sold a bill of goods otherwise

You are under the impression that they care. They don't.
I mean more in the way of I feel bad that person is going to have to face our whole class who will be understandably upset. Everyone we have met so far seems like a reasonable person, not a heartless robot. I would imagine the higher ups who don't have to deliver the news probably don't lose too much sleep over it, but I doubt the placement people are looking forward to delivering the news

I just want to hear their logic straight from their own mouths. They have to know people will be pretty pissed, especially after being sold a bill of goods otherwise
In my post I just meant I don't think the classes are being told 2 per grad then when they grad it's switched. But I could be wrong. When did they tell you 2 per grad? And when do you grad?

In my post I just meant I don't think the classes are being told 2 per grad then when they grad it's switched. But I could be wrong. When did they tell you 2 per grad? And when do you grad?
Oh I meant in basics I guess. We started (Terminal) Basics on March 22nd and our last Tower Evals will be June 15th

If it makes you guys feel better, when sequestration happened (you use to know what facility you were going to prior to attending the academy) a list came out of potential facility closures. They notified everyone just prior to their final exams that they were getting moved to a different facility, no input, no list, take it or leave it.

I am Terminal, first day was Thursday. We were of the understanding that our class was the first to get the brief on the new placement procedure. It has been discussed in this thread so far but if there is anything that needs to be clarified just ask.

I am Terminal, first day was Thursday. We were of the understanding that our class was the first to get the brief on the new placement procedure. It has been discussed in this thread so far but if there is anything that needs to be clarified just ask.
Did anyone ask why they changed it?

Back
Top Bottom