News Alert Emails

But then how would there be time to send out 15 emails saying how much of a roaring success NiW was? Plus, they gotta gear up for the annual pride tshirt sell-a-thon that’s coming up.
I find it a sad waste of our dues money to pay to advocate for things the FAA has agreed they want. Isn’t it their job to advocate for our hiring?

I find it a sad waste of our dues money to pay to advocate for things the FAA has agreed they want. Isn’t it their job to advocate for our hiring?

Our huge win becomes them just doing what they should anyways. Nailed it.
How do you two not realize that the FAA finance staffing model is the reason why we have shitty working conditions?

After decades of trying, yes it is a HUGE win getting them off of the FAA finance model.

You expect the FAA to advocate for more hiring? To spend more? You all are clueless.

How do you two not realize that the FAA finance staffing model is the reason why we have shitty working conditions?

After decades of trying, yes it is a HUGE win getting them off of the FAA finance model.

You expect the FAA to advocate for more hiring? To spend more? You all are clueless.
For the 1,000th time I’ll explain it. The FAA will say we got a win when all we got was them to staff correctly. They’ll say oh we can’t give a raise but at least you got your staffing bud. And to be honest there’s a lot to have to happen to see if this extra staffing even happens.

Better alternative: a new contract, get rid of mandatory OT, and have tiered OT payment. Then they will to ohhhhh man we can use more people to get this OT cost down

Our contract could have been part of the reauthorization but nope.

For the 1,000th time I’ll explain it. The FAA will say we got a win when all we got was them to staff correctly. They’ll say oh we can’t give a raise but at least you go staffing bud. And to be honest there’s a lot to have to happen to see if this extra staffing even happens.

Better alternative: a new contract, get rid of mandatory OT, and have tiered OT payment. Then they will to ohhhhh man we can use more people to get this OT cost down

The staffing issue isn’t going to be solved overnight but I’m sure there will be plenty that will kick and scream about it though.

How do you expect our contract to be part of reauth? Can just add it to any legislation we want? Open or change it whenever we want?

I wish it was as easy as you think it is

The staffing issue isn’t going to be solved overnight but I’m sure there will be plenty that will kick and scream about it though.

How do you expect our contract to be part of reauth? Can just add it to any legislation we want? Open or change it whenever we want?

I wish it was as easy as you think it is
Why not? You can probably add it to the farm bill. Are you new to legislation?

Why not? You can probably add it to the farm bill. Are you new to legislation?
Brother.

It is well understood by now that there needs to be a mutual decision to reopen the contract.

Then, do you think members of Congress know about our issues on their own? No, it takes a legislative activist to take their own time and leave to visit their staffs and build relationships over years that pay off. For example, Sen Braun from IND introduced the ATC hiring bill due to the relationship building from controllers in IND. That bill was the reason the max hiring language is in FAA reauth. These things don’t happen over night.

To add legislation to your farm bill you need someone to advocate for it.

And lastly, the union is there to ensure the FAA operates how they should and makes them hire correctly, abides by the contract, etc.

But for the OP post, it would be nice for NATCA to address the workforce as a whole on the movement.

Brother.

It is well understood by now that there needs to be a mutual decision to reopen the contract.

Then, do you think members of Congress know about our issues on their own? No, it takes a legislative activist to take their own time and leave to visit their staffs and build relationships over years that pay off. For example, Sen Braun from IND introduced the ATC hiring bill due to the relationship building from controllers in IND. That bill was the reason the max hiring language is in FAA reauth. These things don’t happen over night.

To add legislation to your farm bill you need someone to advocate for it.

And lastly, the union is there to ensure the FAA operates how they should and makes them hire correctly, abides by the contract, etc.
And I think they’d be advocating for the pay and benefits…and they don’t even mention it.

For the 1,000th time I’ll explain it. The FAA will say we got a win when all we got was them to staff correctly. They’ll say oh we can’t give a raise but at least you got your staffing bud. And to be honest there’s a lot to have to happen to see if this extra staffing even happens.

Get rid of mandatory overtime ? You don’t understand title 5

And I think they’d be advocating for the pay and benefits…and they don’t even mention it.
Do me a favor and search for pay in the 1000+ page bill and let me know what you find. Let me know if that’s where the pilots union negotiated pay, or flight attendants, or NTSB, or mechanics, or TSA, etc..

Why can they change the staffing no formula via legislation but then having a better contract is deemed as impossible by natca insiders?
It’s not impossible to get a better contract, you said eliminate overtime via the contract. You don’t understand how some things works obviously

Back
Top Bottom