OTS Bid Delay Explanation

I was waiting for this bid to be posted. I'm not as familiar with all of the internal policy so I on't know what BA stands for. Could someone clarify this for me so I can do my research on what is going on and what this means?

I was waiting for this bid to be posted. I'm not as familiar with all of the internal policy so I on't know what BA stands for. Could someone clarify this for me so I can do my research on what is going on and what this means?
BA was a 'personality test' that was used to weed out applicants, controversial and useless
BA stands for biographical assessment if you want to google it

BA was a 'personality test' that was used to weed out applicants, controversial and useless
BA stands for biographical assessment if you want to google it

Thanks. I was thinking BA was for British Airlines or something like that. I suppose this is nothing more than a delay.

This sucks because today would’ve been my last opportunity to apply. Now it’s looking like I’ve already received that chance last year.
That’s who I feel for sorry bud.
The OTS bid was, in fact, postponed indefinitely due to political pressure as a result of all the Fox stories about the BA. At this moment, it appears there will need to be a resolution with regards to the BA or the hiring process in general before a bid is announced. We'll notify you of any updates here, but as with anything related to hiring and the FAA, continue living your life, work toward your degree/promotion in your current workfield, etc.
Did the union email reference the Fox News story or is that speculation?

Why don’t they just charge a fee for anyone to take the at sa and go from there
I like this idea, remove the BA, each person pays for the AT-SA and they notify you where you scored so you know whether or not you need to pay to retake it the following panel.
This sucks because today would’ve been my last opportunity to apply. Now it’s looking like I’ve already received that chance last year.
When do you turn 31?

I like this idea, remove the BA, each person pays for the AT-SA and they notify you where you scored so you know whether or not you need to pay to retake it the following panel.
When do you turn 31?

It will never happen. Would not be fair to people who cant afford to take the test. More lawsuits would follow

It will never happen. Would not be fair to people who cant afford to take the test. More lawsuits would follow
Then make the atsa easier to take. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to walk into a flight stabdards office and take the test like some getting a private pilots license.

When do you turn 31?

Late September, I know know thats 3 months away, but we all know how the FAA is when it comes down to these things.

There are other government placement tests that make you give a guarantee of $50 that you get back when you show up and take the test. This is how it was when I took the US State Dept Foreign Service Officer Test in 2009-2010. I think that would be a good model.

I failed the BA for the 2016 OTS bid but passed the 2017 OTS bid last july and also thought the ATSA was easy as pie. The BA was so pointless imo and was sort of counterproductive especially since the FAA was experiencing a "shortage". People that can actually do the job and have done it before were denied the opportunity which is just flat out wrong...

I failed the BA for the 2016 OTS bid but passed the 2017 OTS bid last july and also thought the ATSA was easy as pie. The BA was so pointless imo and was sort of counterproductive especially since the FAA was experiencing a "shortage". People that can actually do the job and have done it before were denied the opportunity which is just flat out wrong...

BA/BQ was always dumb. Like ok change the ATSAT to what’s now the ATSA, fine. But the hiring was never broken so why fix it? It’s a slap in the face for everyone who was hired before the BA/BQ. So those people are not quality controllers?

So those people are not quality controllers?

What? They based the BA off the answers current Controllers gave. The FAA's theory is that if they only hire people who match (on paper) personalities like currently successful Controllers then they'll hire fewer people who wind up washing out.

The shortage wasn’t with trainees though. They can only get so many people through th academy at a time.

What? They based the BA off the answers current Controllers gave. The FAA's theory is that if they only hire people who match (on paper) personalities like currently successful Controllers then they'll hire fewer people who wind up washing out.
In terms of the inception of the BA, Paul Rinaldi famously testified before congress saying, "They said the BA was validated by subject matter experts, we are the subject matter experts and we were not used to validate the test". After it was already created and used in the 2014 panel did controllers take the BA in an attempt to fix and validate it. Unlike the AT-SA validation where controllers were given a day off and travel time, the BA validation was done at facilities, which directly cut into controllers break times. Everyone I spoke to at the time simply christmas treed it to get back on their break.

Any chance they'd review the non-TOL'd people who still passed the recent ATSA to compensate? I just started checking into things again now that I heard about the possible new OTS. I passed in 2017, no TOL, but also heard somewhere they were already finished with their selections. I've been out of the loop for a while so pardon me.

Any chance they'd review the non-TOL'd people who still passed the recent ATSA to compensate? I just started checking into things again now that I heard about the possible new OTS. I passed in 2017, no TOL, but also heard somewhere they were already finished with their selections. I've been out of the loop for a while so pardon me.
Does your status on USAJobs/Aviator say not hired? Until it says not hired they could always go back and pull more names.

You thought the at sa was easy? So you got all those math questions right when you were separating those dots?

In terms of the inception of the BA, Paul Rinaldi famously testified before congress saying, "They said the BA was validated by subject matter experts, we are the subject matter experts and we were not used to validate the test". After it was already created and used in the 2014 panel did controllers take the BA in an attempt to fix and validate it. Unlike the AT-SA validation where controllers were given a day off and travel time, the BA validation was done at facilities, which directly cut into controllers break times. Everyone I spoke to at the time simply christmas treed it to get back on their break.

Good to know breaks on one day of our career was more important than assisting in validating a part of the hiring process for the people who will provide us leave, the ability to be released from our facilities and decent breaks long term.

Back
Top Bottom