Paid Parental Leave

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
Congress is about to approve paid parental leave for federal employees beginning Oct 1, 2020. This will include 12 weeks of paid leave for federal employees adopting or giving birth to a new baby.

Per an email from NATCA there is unfortunately a loophole and the FAA is not currently included in the coverages of this bill but the intention is that once the bill is passed and signed by the president it will be amended to include FAA employees. It cannot be done beforehand because any change in the wording if the bill risks it not being passed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...for-federal-workers/5deffc5488e0fa51665bfe2c/

12 weeks of leave is temporary. A kid is forever. I’ll stick with my child free life.
what's the return policy on adoptions?
ollesafeee.jpg

I know it's fun to joke but this is a huge deal. I just had a kid and could only manage a few week of time off. Would have been a game changer to have 12 weeks.

We're still behind the rest of the developed world but this is a good start.

I know it's fun to joke but this is a huge deal. I just had a kid and could only manage a few week of time off. Would have been a game changer to have 12 weeks.

We're still behind the rest of the developed world but this is a good start.
every parent knows this. especially the dads.

What if you don’t have 12 weeks of leave banked?
It's not a wrapper like FMLA, it's a new leave category. If you have kid, you get 12 weeks paid leave.

Back
Top Bottom