PHL

Forget about staffing numbers in PHL…you only have a finite amount of CPC’s that can work the ewr area as it stands right now. If the faa wants to “flip the switch” on a certain date with ZERO ewr area CPCs at PHL already how does that work? The answer is…it doesn’t. You have 30 CPCs entitled to two weeks of COS. There are zero PHL controllers in a class right now never mind training on a radar position. This is another FAA pipe dream with no actual plan behind it. It sounds great when they say it…but the logistics make it impossible when you actually take a moment to think about it.

No talks of them extending it?
The MOU specifically stated that it would NOT be extended.

Seems to me this whole fiasco would be made easier if the faa just put out a bid that was tdy to n90 for training/until they get the number of people needed to work the area from phl, once they have that the controllers start working in phl, along with any ewr area controllers who want to move. Thr n90 guys that don't want to move train thier replacements and move to a different area, ewr goes to phl and its done.

Just make the bid explicitly say "you are on the phl books, training at n90 till xxx date or yyy number of people are certifed, then you go to phl" Everything is voluntary as far as moves and work assignments outside of the ewr controllers retraining in a different area, but they don't have to leave thier established lives on LI even for a day, the training and move gets done, and no one is going to long Island with the expectation of staying there and getting established or having to get sucked into a move or tdy work they didn't volunteer for.

I dunno that seems like a solution that benefits the most people and accomplishes what they want with the least amount of pain and financial expenditures.

Seems to me this whole fiasco would be made easier if the faa just put out a bid that was tdy to n90 for training/until they get the number of people needed to work the area from phl, once they have that the controllers start working in phl, along with any ewr area controllers who want to move. Thr n90 guys that don't want to move train thier replacements and move to a different area, ewr goes to phl and its done.

Just make the bid explicitly say "you are on the phl books, training at n90 till xxx date or yyy number of people are certifed, then you go to phl" Everything is voluntary as far as moves and work assignments outside of the ewr controllers retraining in a different area, but they don't have to leave thier established lives on LI even for a day, the training and move gets done, and no one is going to long Island with the expectation of staying there and getting established or having to get sucked into a move or tdy work they didn't volunteer for.

I dunno that seems like a solution that benefits the most people and accomplishes what they want with the least amount of pain and financial expenditures.
They could try. I’m not sure if they would get Enough volunteers, but they at least should have tried it first

They could try. I’m not sure if they would get Enough volunteers, but they at least should have tried it first
They already have a large list of Philly applicants they could run this by, and I have no doubts if they made it worth people's time (ie that sweet TDY pay) a good number would take a stab at it. I mean this thread is filled with people trying to get to Philly.

There's a ton of people stagnating in positions they want movement out of amd a 2-5 year stint on Long Island near one of the greatest cities on earth followed by a move to a more moderately priced, but still pretty cool city would strike a lot of younger controllers with the "secure the bag" mentality as a good option.

Back
Top Bottom