Rank the following

ADOG69

SDL MCI BOI COS PAE

Genuinely curious, my buddy got offered those on a previous experience bid

Last edited:
Pretty much told him the same thing, MCI seems like a good first facility. Good training success and nice area

BOI, COS then whatever after. I don't care about the stats, I've spent a fair amount of time in both of those cities and would love to live there for atleast 15 years.
Totally agree, I’ve been at a 9 for about 8 years, told him that it all depends on what your looking for, I personally prefer quality of life over money, but I’m sure that’s a mixed ideology

Totally agree, I’ve been at a 9 for about 8 years, told him that it all depends on what your looking for, I personally prefer quality of life over money, but I’m sure that’s a mixed ideology
Quality of life is super important in todays day of low staffed facilities and mandatory 6 day work weeks. So in these times where you can have a shot at a lvl 8 and above that trains at the rate that MCI does and is staffed like they are it’s hard to pass up. It’s also pretty telling that when a releasable facility has 0 outbound ERRs on file. People there must like it.

COS, SDL, or MCI over BOI in my opinion. BOI is basically isolated and you’re working awful hard for your level with the approaches downstairs. I’d rather be closer to some bigger city amenities and flights.

COS, SDL, or MCI over BOI in my opinion. BOI is basically isolated and you’re working awful hard for your level with the approaches downstairs. I’d rather be closer to some bigger city amenities and flights.
BOI is a decent sized city and growing. Especially if you’re into outdoors stuff. But it’s not cheap anymore. Plus lots of college life if youre younger.

I always say dont go any kinda radar your first bid if its not somewhere you wanna be for long. I'm a city boy so SDL would be my choice.

I always say dont go any kinda radar your first bid if its not somewhere you wanna be for long. I'm a city boy so SDL would be my choice.
100% this. I wish I wasn’t under the impression having an up/down certification helped you

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

BOI isn’t isolated. If you’re an outdoors person, I’d go BOI. 75% of Idaho is public land or some crazy number. Basically park on the side of the road and camp in the woods.

BOI isn’t isolated. If you’re an outdoors person, I’d go BOI. 75% of Idaho is public land or some crazy number. Basically park on the side of the road and camp in the woods.
Lived in Idaho for a short while. Could get off work at 5 and have a tent set up next to a stream in the mountains in under an hour and not have a soul within miles of me.

The range north of Boise is simply incredible. Some of the best backcountry flying in the world through the mountains and canyons in the Salmon-Challis range and the greater Sawtooth area. Same with fly fishing.

BOI isn’t isolated.
Five hours to SLC, six to Portland… I’d say that’s fairly isolated from nearby larger cities. I’m sure Boise has plenty to do and see, but sometimes that travel-ability is important to people.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t a bigger city, but you’re only an hour drive to Denver from COS, 30 min to Phoenix from SDL. Kansas City has Omaha and Wichita within 3 hours-ish.

BOI is having major personnel issues. Tons of anger with natca. It's also gotten so expensive that your salary really doesn't get much. Lots of outdoors stuff though

BOI is having major personnel issues. Tons of anger with natca. It's also gotten so expensive that your salary really doesn't get much. Lots of outdoors stuff though
I wonder if natca and local management can come up with a solution to their troubles like pausing all outbound ERRs and getting priority for their inbounds. That seems like a good fix.

Lived in Idaho for a short while. Could get off work at 5 and have a tent set up next to a stream in the mountains in under an hour and not have a soul within miles of me.

The range north of Boise is simply incredible. Some of the best backcountry flying in the world through the mountains and canyons in the Salmon-Challis range and the greater Sawtooth area. Same with fly fishing.
Some people can’t and won’t appreciate this.

Back
Top Bottom