NEST Received a NEST list and looking for advice!

The list is quite large and any advice/recommendations on where to go/NOT go would be greatly appreciated!!!

I’m not too picky on location and I’ve been basing most of my decisions on pass rates/cost of living so far. Thanks for your help!
If you were given this list at a facility with other washouts, how was your nest list seniority determined?

Pensacola is my hometown. Such an amazing beach and downtown scene.

I’m at MCI now. Never visited MKC but Kansas City is also a great spot.

Pensacola is my hometown. Such an amazing beach and downtown scene.

I’m at MCI now. Never visited MKC but Kansas City is also a great spot.
I visited y’all a few weeks ago, trying to end up there [MCI] since I’m from right over in PC but I’d be impressed if our facility can release in the next 3-4 years. Level 5 up/down and we’re looking at mandatory 6 day weeks…

You didn't put any goals? You want to go career somewhere? Texas for the locality and no taxes. You want to cert and transfer asap? Lots of high staffed, high pass rate facilities. You want to get into a hub for future transfers without moving, any of the towers by bigger tracons or centers.

As mentioned earlier I recommend going to the fastest checkout and then bidding the next sup job at the facility you are leaving out of spite

Don't go to STT unless you feel like paying 30% more for goods than the mainland. Spent a year and a half there.

BJC was fun in my 5 years there. Got upgraded to a 7 few years ago and they get CIP. Good mix of traffic. DM me if you have any questions about either.
Don’t be intimidated by this short timer who worked at STT a DECADE ago. If you stay at STT for more than 2 years you earn an extra 5 days of home leave per year, hold a maximum of 360 hours of annual leave, your time off will rarely get denied, close up shop at 10pm, and actually enjoy life outside of ATC. Unlike this money chaser at COS who is on 6 day mandatory OT work weeks. So choose wisely; pay more for groceries but have a significant amount of time off having hobbies and enjoying rum under the sun at the beach, or be an aviation obsessed workaholic in Colorado doing OT and 24/7 rattlers with no end in sight.

Don’t be intimidated by this short timer who worked at STT a DECADE ago. If you stay at STT for more than 2 years you earn an extra 5 days of home leave per year, hold a maximum of 360 hours of annual leave, your time off will rarely get denied, close up shop at 10pm, and actually enjoy life outside of ATC. Unlike this money chaser at COS who is on 6 day mandatory OT work weeks. So choose wisely; pay more for groceries but have a significant amount of time off having hobbies and enjoying rum under the sun at the beach, or be an aviation obsessed workaholic in Colorado doing OT and 24/7 rattlers with no end in sight.
Where are trying to ERR to?

Back
Top Bottom