Reinstatement

I do recall that the reinstatement policy said something along the lines of 'they would query your last facility and if either NATCA/ATM said no to reinstatement, it was no'

Wonder if ATMs are being guided to say no and make everyone bid prior experience over reinstatement
So talked to ATM , who is no longer the atm,he states no one asked him anything. Talked to acting/current atm, he states to call my previous atm, even though his name was listed on the FOIA with a comment. Talked to previous NATCA rep and they state never was asked anything. Something is going on…..

So talked to ATM , who is no longer the atm,he states no one asked him anything. Talked to acting/current atm, he states to call my previous atm, even though his name was listed on the FOIA with a comment. Talked to previous NATCA rep and they state never was asked anything. Something is going on…..
Yeah something is not right here… The minute reinstatement opened back up (I had my application pending since it “closed) they sent me a TOL that specifically said CPC Reinstatement and I was able to knock out all my appointments (yay Tier 2) within a month.

That said, I have not heard anything about it being frozen again.

Ask your congressman to look into it. Serious

X2 on contacting a congressman to look into it as that’s shady af. I’d also try shooting a FOIA request off to HR and see if you can get ahold of any correspondence between that old/current ATM & HR and see who said what for your recommendation.

We need to start holding the agency accountable for shit like this.

X2 on contacting a congressman to look into it as that’s shady af. I’d also try shooting a FOIA request off to HR and see if you can get ahold of any correspondence between that old/current ATM & HR and see who said what for your recommendation.

We need to start holding the agency accountable for shit like this.
It’s a shame we don’t have an organization funded with millions of dollars a year to try to advocate for the workforce and to knock off nonsense from the FAA. I don’t think there’s a facility out there who wouldn’t welcome another body, regardless of what track they come in on

It’s a shame we don’t have an organization funded with millions of dollars a year to try to advocate for the workforce and to knock off nonsense from the FAA. I don’t think there’s a facility out there who wouldn’t welcome another body, regardless of what track they come in on
Technically, if you quit and are seeking reinstatement, you’re not an active dues paying member and not entitled to representation…

Technically, if you quit and are seeking reinstatement, you’re not an active dues paying member and not entitled to representation…
Yes, but, natca is always on the faa how we don’t have enough controllers and they need to hire more. You can’t be in favor of hiring and turn your nose up at some sources. Again, what facility couldn’t use 1 more person?

Why the fuck should the union advocate for people not in the union

Why the fuck should the union advocate for people not in the union
I knew a guy who did a TON of legislative work over the course of his 13 year career, being at a mid level did not work out for him. The Union promised (Talking National E-Board members) to help him with everything, so he resigned and tried to go back via the reinstatement route... E-Board basically ghosted him and left him out to dry.

I would agree if said individual was actively employed by the agency. As it pertains to NATCA, in his case, that’s a dead end.

Was denied prior experience bid too

What if I told you such an organization exists, but they are just another head on the hydra?

loop smile GIF by Stefano Colferai

I knew a guy who did a TON of legislative work over the course of his 13 year career, being at a mid level did not work out for him. The Union promised (Talking National E-Board members) to help him with everything, so he resigned and tried to go back via the reinstatement route... E-Board basically ghosted him and left him out to dry.
That is sick, I would not do that to someone I hated, I can’t believe they consistently do that to people that are neutral or used to be close partners.

There’s probably more to these stories of so called denials. I have personally seen peoples reinstatement lists recently.

There’s always more to the story, there’s lots of reasons people get denied I bet. Incorrect paperwork probably at the top of the list, HR is lazy. They aren’t going to reach out to people and fix their errors. They do the same thing to new hires, can’t follow the instructions, not hired. No reason is given.

I would agree if said individual was actively employed by the agency. As it pertains to NATCA, in his case, that’s a dead end.
If natca is going to let HR horsefuckery impact hiring and not complain about it, they can stfu about cwrg numbers, 2nd academy and how understaffed we are. They aren’t talking about it because they are complicit in creating this situation where it’s better to quit than to rot for a decade at a level 6

If natca is going to let HR horsefuckery impact hiring and not complain about it, they can stfu about cwrg numbers, 2nd academy and how understaffed we are. They aren’t talking about it because they are complicit in creating this situation where it’s better to quit than to rot for a decade at a level 6
The situation where it's better to quit for a year and reapply*

There’s probably more to these stories of so called denials. I have personally seen peoples reinstatement lists recently.

There’s always more to the story, there’s lots of reasons people get denied I bet. Incorrect paperwork probably at the top of the list, HR is lazy. They aren’t going to reach out to people and fix their errors. They do the same thing to new hires, can’t follow the instructions, not hired. No reason is given.

well you would think everything was done correctly when you receive a TOL, pass the MMPI and medical, get the "awaiting FOL" email and then 6 months later some mysterious DQ appears and all your paperwork gets trashed. I'm still waiting for a response describing what was the DQ factor to appeal it.

well you would think everything was done correctly when you receive a TOL, pass the MMPI and medical, get the "awaiting FOL" email and then 6 months later some mysterious DQ appears and all your paperwork gets trashed. I'm still waiting for a response describing what was the DQ factor to appeal it.
Yea that def sounds weird

Back
Top Bottom