Ridiculous Hardships

From the editorial you posted which literally supports the concept of an overly liberalized educational system which at times practices prejudice against non-conforming individuals and admits that there is political recruitment occuring.

"Conservative scholars also complained that some journals seemed to reject views that were inconsistent with liberal thinking."

"Some complained of discrimination based on politics, but not of careers being ended."

"Whereas some disciplines, such as political science, often shun partisan advocacy, many fields, including sociology, ethnic studies and social work, openly advocate a distinct ideological worldview. If these and similar studies are correct, it suggests that student beliefs are surprisingly resilient. For every one student who is actively recruited to a leftist political cause, a vast majority complete their education with their values largely intact."

"Right-wing religious fundamentalists,” one committee member said of the college, while another said, to much laughter, that the college was “supported by the Koch brothers.” The committee then spent more time discussing details of the applicant's GRE scores and background -- high GRE scores, homeschooled -- than it did with some other candidates. The chair of the committee said, “I would like to beat that college out of her,” and, to laughter from committee members, asked, “You don't think she's a nutcase?”

"The study found a ration of 11.5 Democrats for every Republican in these departments, but with wide variation. In economics, the ratio was 4.5 to one, while in history the ratio was 33.5 to one."

"Faculty members were more likely to categorize themselves as moderate (46.1 percent) than liberal (44.1 percent). Conservatives trailed at 9.2 percent."

So yeah that's cool.
Soooo you have a problem with most professors being liberal? That’s cool and all, but that’s not really the issue you were talking about. Claims of widespread indoctrination of liberal ideology into the education they teach at universities is not supported at all. So yes, very cool.

Soooo you have a problem with most professors being liberal? That’s cool and all, but that’s not really the issue you were talking about. Claims of widespread indoctrination of liberal ideology into the education they teach at universities is not supported at all. So yes, very cool.

If you can find where I stated liberalism as the issue and widespread indoctrination I would appreciate that since they appear to be your words.

Political bias of the educational system is literally supported in the editorial you posted and the studies I posted.

If you can find where I stated liberalism as the issue and widespread indoctrination I would appreciate that since they appear to be your words.

Political bias of the educational system is literally supported in the editorial you posted and the studies I posted.
Most educated people are liberal. You can spin that any way you want

It’s also disputed (by conservative professors none the less) because it’s a bogus claim. And you didn’t say liberalism, you just stated political agenda. The topic of professors at universities indoctrinating their political beliefs into the students education is a hot topic that GOP politicians always use against liberals. The indoctrination argument is about liberal ideology 99% of the time. It’s been a GOP talking point for many many years.

Does political bias occur in universities? Yes it does. I actually already stated that in my original post. Are university professors indoctrinating their liberal beliefs into the education they teach on a widespread level that affects the way students lean politically?No, that claim does not have much support at all. There are countless research articles disputing that notion. You even quoted the article that states how for every 1 leftist recruited, a vast majority maintain their own ideology lol...

Most educated people are liberal. You can spin that any way you want

This is true and recently new as of a couple decades ago, as well as 45/47 split of high-school graduates Liberal to Conservative. Higher education has seen a growth in liberal output because of conservative distrust.

This is true and recently new as of a couple decades ago, as well as 45/47 split of high-school graduates Liberal to Conservative. Higher education has seen a growth in liberal output because of conservative distrust.
Even in red states the districts with large universities vote blue.

i think it has more to do with believing in things like science andnot being as religious instead of it being a huge conspiracy.

one of the republicans biggest mistakes was politicizing science.

Should say college as it's current offering is watered down with unnecessary general education and pointed political agendas instead of providing skillsets in critical thinking and the ability to form an opinion.
It’s also disputed (by conservative professors none the less) because it’s a bogus claim. And you didn’t say liberalism, you just stated political agenda. The topic of professors at universities indoctrinating their political beliefs into the students education is a hot topic that GOP politicians always use against liberals. The indoctrination argument is about liberal ideology 99% of the time. It’s been a GOP talking point for many many years.

Does political bias occur in universities? Yes it does. I actually already stated that in my original post. Are university professors indoctrinating their liberal beliefs into the education they teach on a widespread level that affects the way students lean politically?No, that claim does not have much support at all. There are countless research articles disputing that notion. You even quoted the article that states how for every 1 leftist recruited, a vast majority maintain their own ideology lol...

So we agree, that there is an unnecessary political bias which does influence the educational system. As we both read, there is politcal recruiting that does happen, partisan discussion during selection meetings, and resistance by journals against non-conforming ideology.

Similar to the supreme court, I am firm on a complete non-partisan approach to education.

So we agree, that there is an unnecessary political bias which does influence the educational system. As we both read, there is politcal recruiting that does happen, partisan discussion during selection meetings, and resistance by journals against non-conforming ideology.

Similar to the supreme court, I am firm on a complete non-partisan approach to education.
I don’t think we agree on the affects it has on a large scale. Political bias happens everywhere. Who woulda thought!? But in general, the claim that professors are indoctrinating their Liberal ideology into the education they teach and influencing the masses of college students is bogus.

Every single piece of human progress comes from a liberal thought process combined with education. Maybe not education as it stands today, but certainly so form of trying to figure out what needs to be learned to improve. Take politics out of it all you want but a liberal exploration of ideas will still occur.

I don’t think we agree on the affects it has on a large scale. Political bias happens everywhere. Who woulda thought!? But in general, the claim that professors are indoctrinating their Liberal ideology into the education they teach and influencing the masses of college students is bogus.

Hence why I didn't make the claim indoctrination happens on a widespread level but simply that it does happen and should be confronted seriously.

Every single piece of human progress comes from a liberal thought process combined with education. Maybe not education as it stands today, but certainly so form of trying to figure out what needs to be learned to improve. Take politics out of it all you want but a liberal exploration of ideas will still occur.

No, progressivism is responsible for that. Liberalism and progressivism are starkly different from each other.

Hence why I didn't make the claim indoctrination happens on a widespread level but simply that it does happen and should be confronted seriously.
I can live with that. I do appreciate the sources you provided. It’s a topic that I find fascinating so thank you.

Back
Top Bottom