RTF Travel Days.

nickmeyer93

Trusted Contributor
After initial tower coming to my facility I was given 2 travel days. 10 hour drive. There are talks of giving us 1 travel day and 4 hours of comp time instead of the 2 days. Does anyone know the rule/ reference to this? Plan on digging through the NATCA contract and FAA travel policy later but thanks in advance.

Can’t be grieved. Split the RDOs, use the travel day and there’s your 2 days. FAATP trumps the contract when it comes to training at the academy. Went through this fight last year when I went.

This is a total scam. This happens at many facilities. They give you the option to fly or drive...you say ok i'll drive. Let's say its 1500 miles.... they say you have 1 day to get there. 1 day!!??? What the actual F*&* how can I drive 1500 miles in 1 day? total scam and dangerous. Bad faith. Meanwhile the contract said you should get 3 days. Makes no actual sense that that would only be intended form the Academy to facility, since you aren't a full ATCer without necessarily coming back to complete the 2nd part of OKC. BAD!

Don't get me wrong I can do the drive in a day I would just rather be able to take my time instead of trying to squeeze a 10 hour drive and packing a bunch of stuff into one day. Why would someone who just finished the academy get more leeway than someone who is going back for RTF?

Can’t be grieved. Split the RDOs, use the travel day and there’s your 2 days. FAATP trumps the contract when it comes to training at the academy. Went through this fight last year when I went.

Wed/Thurs RDOs. My RTF class starts on a Thursday. FLM gave me Tuesday off with travel day being Wednesday (even though contract provides for 2 days each way). You're saying I can't greive this?

Wed/Thurs RDOs. My RTF class starts on a Thursday. FLM gave me Tuesday off with travel day being Wednesday (even though contract provides for 2 days each way). You're saying I can't greive this?
Nope, cause the contract is for new hires moving from the academy to their facility. But if you do a cost comparison between the flight and driving and the drive is cheaper, then they have to provide you time to drive.

Back
Top Bottom