Seriously supes/OS's/FLM's whatever your calling yourselves now...

Believe everything you hear? If that is true, that District leadership would be fired. That would call for a Congressional investigation for wrongdoing. Can you imagine the lawsuits against the FAA if something were to happen? Ie that ordered checkout caused an accident, or certified someone who caused an accident, or someone that didn’t succeed in training and was terminated by that forced checkout?
Are you in the FAA or waiting on a TOL bro? This stuff happens all the time, you have to still be in the private sector and imagine that high standards and accountability exist in the FAA or something.

Are you in the FAA or waiting on a TOL bro? This stuff happens all the time, you have to still be in the private sector and imagine that high standards and accountability exist in the FAA or something.
Bro I’m 9 months to retire from the FAA. Accountability and high standards fell out of the FAA when ATSAP came around! Bro, we’re you in when 3 strikes with deals and you were gone?

There is a current Sup at a consolidated TRACON that took 3 YEARS to certify in their area. It took me a little over a year. They would train for maybe an hour a day on super light traffic (Sunday morning usually). One of the other FLMs would accost any trainer who wrote a bad report (there were a lot). It was an absolute shit show. Anyway, yeah, the system is broke
I've got friends at a level 6 up/down facility that told me their supervisors (multiple) have taken 3-4 years to certify.

Bro I’m 9 months to retire from the FAA. Accountability and high standards fell out of the FAA when ATSAP came around! Bro, we’re you in when 3 strikes with deals and you were gone?

Anyone w 18 months of federal Civilian service is eligible for a FERS retirement bro! Many DC lawyers can help w this.

giphy-17.gif

Believe everything you hear? If that is true, that District leadership would be fired. That would call for a Congressional investigation for wrongdoing. Can you imagine the lawsuits against the FAA if something were to happen? Ie that ordered checkout caused an accident, or certified someone who caused an accident, or someone that didn’t succeed in training and was terminated by that forced checkout?
It’s verified.

Yeah. Like, if one airspace was about to violate another and hadn't done a point out or whatever, they'd call them and be all "point out approved on so and so...if you need it". People just wanted to help and hope the same would be done for them if it ever happened. Or if approach had a close sequence and called the tower to ask if they could provide visual, well then the tower provided.

ATSAP is great for identifying real problems, but when it came out there were many veterans (at that time) who now viewed it as a get out of jail free card. Then as newer people came in they did too and never felt the pressure of performing perfectly because ATSAP was there. Now, I'm an old-timer (I'm told) and I'm glad we have the program but I've never viewed it as a crutch.

Back
Top Bottom