Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just might be “gay”.

Dissenting opinions weren’t the sole factors in me locking the thread; it started off as a thread about why and what was pertaining to trainees and the hold on their training and then, as if by magic, changed course and the posts were about whatever was seemingly relevant that day. Opinions are fine and welcomed. But facts are more relevant in a topic such as that which I locked. There are plenty of other threads to post opinions in, such as this one.
"Facts don't care about your feelings" #1349 Shapiro

Before it was look we're open, no spike

Now it's look, spike in cases but not deaths

People that die from this fight for weeks before they pass away. I really hope you guys are right, but I'm pretty sure that the GOP talking points are going to be just as wrong as usual

While I’d really like to train and get back to work, I’d also like it to be worth it. I can already here the moans and groans of the older CPCs about only certing on “COVID traffic” if we were to train right now. After going back for recerts, our traffic is nowhere close to what it’s was. An area that had 5 or all 6 sectors on almost all day is now operating with 2 or 3 at most even during our busy arrival pushes. While the next raise would be nice, I’ll wait a few months and deal with our extremelyyy tough (/s) life of zoom class mornings and “self study” my way through to a regular paycheck.

I can only #ejac now with a mask on. No idea how that’s going to equate to working, but it’s something, right?

While I’d really like to train and get back to work, I’d also like it to be worth it. I can already here the moans and groans of the older CPCs about only certing on “COVID traffic” if we were to train right now. After going back for recerts, our traffic is nowhere close to what it’s was. An area that had 5 or all 6 sectors on almost all day is now operating with 2 or 3 at most even during our busy arrival pushes. While the next raise would be nice, I’ll wait a few months and deal with our extremelyyy tough (/s) life of zoom class mornings and “self study” my way through to a regular paycheck.
They’ll get over it. If our contract wasn’t so tied to performance than this would be as big of a deal. But it is! Pilots get the full roll the day the start. We don’t.

They’ll get over it. If our contract wasn’t so tied to performance than this would be as big of a deal. But it is! Pilots get the full roll the day the start. We don’t.
A pilot’s complexity is the same whether there’s no planes in the sky or 50. Can’t be said for us. If I were to work and certify at my next sector now, and in 2-3 months traffic picked back up considerably, it’d be completely different, and I’d get shit on.

I’d rather wait and not get shit on.

So how long is everybody supposed to wait before it’s finally determined that these reduced traffic numbers are just going to be the new normal? We’re 4 months in and nearly every air carrier is talking about furloughs and layoffs in the months to come. It took years for traffic to reach pre-9/11 numbers after that event, how come those trainees didn’t have to sit on the sidelines for months/years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom