Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the mods probably get hammered behind the scenes from these guys who get triggered when something is posted they disagree with, with messages like "ban this person" "something needs to be done!". lot of peeps live in a bubble and have never been challenged. i mean look how far we've come w the hysteria.... you cant even say "All lives Matter" without catching a beatdown and being run off as racist. They hate to allow an opposing view to even sneak through. Dissent must be crushed. Just saying something minor about masks or something mundane, becomes a major struggle session! "Scientific Method" lol. or "you cant be THAT stupid, I actually like some of your posts! " Everything is life and death existential serious.
With all the free time I have only working half a month, I tend to get hammered quite a bit nowadays ?

Hardly any energy was wasted locking one thread and immediately creating a new one.

The thread I locked is titled “Training Hold”, and it deviated from its original topic. Hence it being closed until information comes forth about training resuming, etc.

Any further clarification required?
The whole idea is that it was a place, titled appropriately, for people to share rumors about training since both the union and the agency refuse to share any official information with anyone. How would that get shared when the forum is locked? People are supposed to dig through off topic forums? You must be high-level in the union since you behave just like them.

The whole idea is that it was a place, titled appropriately, for people to share rumors about training since both the union and the agency refuse to share any official information with anyone. How would that get shared when the forum is locked? People are supposed to dig through off topic forums? You must be high-level in the union since you behave just like them.

I'm on board with the rest, but the union dig doesn't even make any sense buddy

Unless rinaldi runs the atc subreddit

So how many trainees have submitted letters of resignation or just quit? I bet you if something like that was happening, they’d have trainees in the buildings, or at least a plan released. I also wonder how many CPC’s and supes are going to retire as soon as 5/2 starts back up.

This is the high quality content I signed up for. I still believe that we need a P65 octagon. Most issues can be resolved with 1 or 2 minutes in said octagon.

I’m a nobody. Just flexing my badass forum moderator powers because I have the ability to do so.

Spread rumors all you want in this thread. If any of them are found to be facts, then they will be placed appropriately in the locked thread(s).

scientific method will set you free brother. be sure to put those trigger warning signs outside the lab door ! :rofl: :lol:

So your answer is no, you can't reference a specific section of the Constitution, or a court's interpretation of the Constitution, that says government (whether federal, state, or local) is not allowed to require face masks during a highly contagious pandemic?

So your answer is no, you can't reference a specific section of the Constitution, or a court's interpretation of the Constitution, that says government (whether federal, state, or local) is not allowed to require face masks during a highly contagious pandemic?
They can “mandate” it all they want, but that would be hell to enforce.

Don’t argue with that clown. He maintains he’s “highly intelligent”, but people like that usually feel quite inferior in their intelligence and need to overcompensate by telling everyone how smart they are.

lol you are really a 1 trick pony trolling on the Constitutionality. nice focus tho. pick something, drill down, hammer the opposition! Use your labcoat, beaker, microscope, pencil protector, and scientific method to really shame that other 100+ ppl million who aren't up in your ivory tower w you. You are an elite! Your appeal to science on P65 over and over and over is truly a marvel of the mind and testament to the human spirit.

Would be an abstract strictly Constitutional argument and that would never be brought, but there are obvious extreme separation of powers/enforceability/due process problems when a king lays down an EDICT. No shoes no shirt no service is not the same thing as "I would make an executive order mandating masks for everyone everywhere". That's called a tyrannical dictator. bahhhhh bahhhh bahhhh goes the Termine Sheep. As he ponders the scientific method from his ivory tower and pushes up his designer glasses while lifting 2.5 lb weights to get vascular to impress the girls at Starbucks! ? ? ?

Scientist.

BIDEN-800.jpg

lol you are really a 1 trick pony trolling on the Constitutionality. nice focus tho. pick something, drill down, hammer the opposition!

Just to be clear, this is what happened:
  1. You claimed that a mask mandate would be unconstitutional, among other things.
  2. I asked if you could back that up.
  3. You responded, but without acknowledging the request for evidence.
  4. I asked if your lack of acknowledgement meant you don't have evidence.
  5. You claimed I'm drilling down on the subject.
...okay then.

They can “mandate” it all they want, but that would be hell to enforce.
They enforce seatbelt laws, and drunk driving laws, and no-trespassing laws, and (if you happen to be black in NYC) no-drinking-on-your-own-front-stoop laws. They could enforce mask laws. And they don't necessarily have to enforce them all the time or even any of the time. Just having an official mandate would be enough for reasonable people to do it, and would provide cover to retail workers trying to deal with Karens shouting at them. Did you see that video of a woman in a Trader Joe's absolutely railing on the employees?

Don’t argue with that clown. He maintains he’s “highly intelligent”, but people like that usually feel quite inferior in their intelligence and need to overcompensate by telling everyone how smart they are.
Ugh. I know. Don't feed the troll. It's so hard though. [Insert xkcd "but someone is wrong on the internet!!" here]

I would 100% be willing to believe people who say they have "a medical condition" and can't wear a mask "because their doctor said so" if they weren't shouting at the top of their lungs in stores. Like, if I had such a bad respiratory condition that I couldn't even wear a surgical mask... and if there was a contagious disease going around that attacked the respiratory system... I'd get my phone and open up Instacart. No?

I'm either for all wear masks or none wear masks. This half-assing is only going to make this thing go on longer and more painfully than it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom