Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I do need a lesson as to why that elderly lady in the picture is guilty of sedition, because I sure don’t see it.
Ya that one old lady is definitely the embodiment of the rest of the group. Got me there, that definitely checks against the rest of the photographic, video and physical evidence left behind in the form of pipe bombs, molotovs etc left behind.

I'm sure the fbi is making arrests in multiple states for nothing, it was definitely a bunch of scared old ladies that caused the entirety of congress to have to flee to secure locations and stopping official business pertaining to the election from taking place.

Gonna need a better argument than that.

Ya that one old lady is definitely the embodiment of the rest of the group. Got me there, that definitely checks against the rest of the photographic, video and physical evidence left behind in the form of pipe bombs, molotovs etc left behind.

I'm sure the fbi is making arrests in multiple states for nothing, it was definitely a bunch of scared old ladies that caused the entirety of congress to have to flee to secure locations and stopping official business pertaining to the election from taking place.

Gonna need a better argument than that.

Didn’t I address that?

Those who vandalized property and committed violence should be arrested, but calling everyone who entered the Capital a terrorist is ridiculous.

Didn’t I address that?
Cool, and my post wasn't addressed specifically to you, but at the whole group who by and large feel this is the same as what was happening over the summer (its not), or that it was in any way justified (also no).

yet you felt the need to point out the little old lady as some sort of half assed Herr derr whataboutism as if her presence invalidates my argument that many of them were there to do Ill will to their political opponents and do harm to our collective national political processes.

In any case, context matters, and if you were there, knew the reasoning for the "protest" to begin with, and saw what was going down and went along with it, you are no better than flex cuff guy in my opinion. Every single person there knew exactly what the deal was, the rhetoric leading up to and during the event clearly demonstrate this.

If you can point me towards some societal greater good these people were trying to accomplish with this half ass, hare brained, sister fucking attempt at an insurrection I'm all ears, until then, ya they are all the same to me, as is anyone still supporting this nonsense administration.

Cool, and my post wasn't addressed specifically to you, but at the whole group who by and large feel this is the same as what was happening over the summer (its not), or that it was in any way justified (also no).

I don’t feel it was justified, but I do feel like it was the same. A group who felt that they weren’t being listened to, so they decided to exercise civil obedience and trespass to affect the order and flow of life and an everyday activity (like blocking highways, preventing society from continuing in a few square blocks of Seattle, refusing to leave Senate staffing offices, and in this case, invading and occupying the Capitol), and extremists within the group decide to destroy property and commit mayhem. The pearl clutching of people like to who insist it’s so different is just laughable.

yet you felt the need to point out the little old lady as some sort of half assed Herr derr whataboutism as if her presence invalidates my argument that many of them were there to do Ill will to their political opponents and do harm to our collective national political processes.

Forcing the commerce, and really, the existence itself of a few square blocks of Seattle isn’t “doing harm to our collective national political processes?” You throw around words like sedition against that old lady freely, but CHAZ literally was secession from the United States. Glen Greenwald wrote a good article about the events of the other day, I don’t know where it’s published, but I get them emailed to me. This quote stood out well:

Those who argued in the summer that property damage is meaningless or even noble are treating smashed windows and looted podiums at the Capitol as treason, as a coup. One need not dismiss the lamentable actions of yesterday to simultaneously reject efforts to apply terms that are plainly inapplicable: attempted coup, insurrection, sedition. There was zero chance that the few hundred people who breached the Capitol could overthrow the U.S. Government — the most powerful, armed and militarized entity in the world — nor did they try.

In any case, context matters, and if you were there, knew the reasoning for the "protest" to begin with, and saw what was going down and went along with it, you are no better than flex cuff guy in my opinion. Every single person there knew exactly what the deal was, the rhetoric leading up to and during the event clearly demonstrate this.
Ooh look, we’re onto the “If you don’t believe what I believe, you’re no better than the worst examples of my enemies.” If that isn’t a fascist thing to say, I don’t know what is.

If you can point me towards some societal greater good these people were trying to accomplish with this half ass, hare brained, sister fucking attempt at an insurrection I'm all ears, until then, ya they are all the same to me, as is anyone still supporting this nonsense administration.

I don’t see societal goods from CHAZ, burning down a Wendy’s/Target, assaulting innocent people enjoying dinner in DC, etc. Same thing here.

See the Greenwald quote above, and stop clutching your pearls so hard. Frustrated people acting out in civil disobedience and people with pipe bombs are different groups, and to treat them the same/ask for the same punishment is much more fascist than anything Trump’s ever done.

I don’t feel it was justified, but I do feel like it was the same. A group who felt that they weren’t being listened to, so they decided to exercise civil obedience and trespass to affect the order and flow of life and an everyday activity
Attempting to stop the goverment from doing its job and certifying election results because you don't like the result is not the same as minorly inconveniencing some motorists.
Forcing the commerce, and really, the existence itself of a few square blocks of Seattle isn’t “doing harm to our collective national political processes?
No, because a few square blocks of Seattle isn't where our federal government business is done, or where all the people who do thay business are at the time, nor are they being threatened (ie coerced into changing how they do the job they were democratically elected to do) by doing so.
Ooh look, we’re onto the “If you don’t believe what I believe, you’re no better than the worst examples of my enemies.” If that isn’t a fascist thing to say, I don’t know what is.

Wut? When did I say anyone has to agree with me? Everyone is free to have thier own opinion, and I'm free to think to you are a fucking traitorous moron for having certain ones.

Toilet edit- also, last I checked believing in the democratic norms of the US constitution, and thinking they deserve respect and protection from the bottom feeders of society is pretty damn far from being fascist in any way shape or form.
I don’t see societal goods from CHAZ, burning down a Wendy’s/Target, assaulting innocent people enjoying dinner in DC, etc. Same thing here.
Again, you are ignoring context.

Frustrated people acting out in civil disobedience and people with pipe bombs are different groups, and to treat them the same/ask for the same punishment is much more fascist than anything Trump’s ever done.
Lmao, no, if you are shoulder to shoulder with pipe bomb guy or flex cuff guy entering a federal building its not civil disobedience anymore, sorry, especially if the reason you are practicing civil disobedience is you don't like the results of a democratic election and buy into idiotic conspiracy theories that are easily proven wrong with 2 minutes of research.

Stop justifying this insanity.

Last edited:
Attempting to stop the goverment from doing its job and certifying election results because you don't like the result is not the same as minorly inconveniencing some motorists.

Was that the goal of that elderly lady, too? Where is your proof?

Again, you’re painting everyone that entered the Capitol with the same brush. An elderly lady with an American flag isn’t a masked person with flex cuffs.

No, because a few square blocks of Seattle isn't where our federal government business is done
Nuance of theme is clearly lost on you.

, or where all the people who do thay business are at the time,

It’s okay to destroy things if people aren’t present. Got it. Yikes.

nor are they being threatened (ie coerced into changing how they do the job they were democratically elected to do) by doing so.

Senators were being threatened into changing how they do the job they were democratically elected to do by the anti-Kavanaugh protesters who stormed their offices and shouted down those who disagreed with their stances, were they not?

Wut? When did I say anyone has to agree with me? Everyone is free to have thier own opinion, and I'm free to think to you are a fucking traitorous moron for having certain ones.

Calling someone a traitor is the first step to thinking they need to be removed from a group. Again, fascism.

Toilet edit- also, last I checked believing in the democratic norms of the US constitution, and thinking they deserve respect and protection from the bottom feeders of society is pretty damn far from being fascist in any way shape or form.
Oh cute, we’re onto demonizing and name calling of people who disagree with you.

Again, you are ignoring context.

It’s really you who are, honestly.

Lmao, no, if you are shoulder to shoulder with pipe bomb guy or flex cuff guy entering a federal building its not civil disobedience anymore, sorry, especially if the reason you are practicing civil disobedience is you don't like the results of a democratic election and buy into idiotic conspiracy theories that are easily proven wrong with 2 minutes of research.

Well, at least you’re willing to admit an elderly lady with an American flag deserves the same punishment for trespassing as a masked person with a pipe bomb does for clear terrorism. Not everyone is so bold to admit that.

Stop justifying this insanity.

I feel the same way about people like you.

Last edited:
Was that the goal of that elderly lady, too? Where is your proof?

Again, you’re painting everyone that entered the Capitol with the same brush. An elderly lady with an American flag isn’t a masked person with flex cuffs.
Yes I am. My proof is she was there. Have you been part of a large crowd? There's an energy. There's talk between participants, in this case there was speeches inciting what happened. You have to do a lot of willful ignoring of facts to come to the conclusion that the little old lady didn't know what was going on. Either that or assume she's senile and got lost on the way to the retirement home cafeteria and someone handed her a flag.
Nuance of theme is clearly lost on you.

, or where all the people who do thay business are at the time,

It’s okay to destroy things if people aren’t present. Got it. Yikes.
Way to take what I said way out of context. People there doing business at the time, meaning the lawmakers present conducting business being threatened. Not that ya it's okay to do things when people aren't present. But cool play semantics games. Score one for you!
Senators were being threatened into changing how they do the job they were democratically elected to do by the anti-Kavanaugh protesters who stormed their offices and shouted down those who disagreed with their stances, were they not?
I don't think the ladies in the pussy hats where making bodily threats, had pipe bombs, literally rioted etc. They staged a sit in. Again, if you can't see the difference between that and attempting to violently subvert the constitution I can't help that.

Calling someone a traitor is the first step to thinking they need to be removed from a group. Again, fascism.
No, calling someone a traitor for no cause would be, but again, attempted violent subversion of government is Almost literally the definition of the word. Yes, I'm the one lacking nuance here for sure.

Oh cute, we’re onto demonizing and name calling of people who disagree with you.
Nope, just calling it like I see it. If you want to subvert our democratic institutions because you don't like the results of an election, if you walk hand in hand with seditionists, if you participate in a coup on behalf of a two bit grifter narcissist and are too dumb to see past the cult of personality and see it for what it is, yes you are the worst of this society and a bottom feeder, and a t a minimum need your head checked and someone to explain reality to you.
It’s really you who are, honestly.

What does this even mean?
Well, at least you’re willing to admit an elderly lady with an American flag deserves the same punishment for trespassing as a masked person with a pipe bomb does for clear terrorism. Not everyone is so bold to admit that.
"no your honor, I didn't participate in the armed robbery, though I showed up with the robbers, planned to be there beforehand, and also yelled at the bank patrons to get on the ground. But I didn't wave a gun around, so I'm innocent of any and all wrongdoing"

I feel the same way about people like you.
Yes I'm wrong for wanting to uphold our national institutions. Waving a flag around means jack shit if you don't support what that flag stands for.

Can’t argue with stupid, and there sure is a lot of stupid on this site and job field. You’d think some of you would’ve leveled up from the conspiracy theories and have some critical thinking, but I get that it doesn’t jive with what your evangelical pastor and a Facebook echo chamber meme told you

Yes I am. My proof is she was there. Have you been part of a large crowd? There's an energy. There's talk between participants, in this case there was speeches inciting what happened. You have to do a lot of willful ignoring of facts to come to the conclusion that the little old lady didn't know what was going on. Either that or assume she's senile and got lost on the way to the retirement home cafeteria and someone handed her a flag.

I’m speechless. You’re concocting conspiracy theories and presuming guilt by proximity for an elderly lady because of the actions of a radical few. If guilt by association was the law of the land, hundreds of thousands of BLM protestors would be in jail because of the riotous actions of a few. I can’t believe you actually believe what you’re typing.

Way to take what I said way out of context. People there doing business at the time, meaning the lawmakers present conducting business being threatened. Not that ya it's okay to do things when people aren't present. But cool play semantics games. Score one for you!

You say “semantics,” I say “technically correct.”

I don't think the ladies in the pussy hats where making bodily threats, had pipe bombs, literally rioted etc. They staged a sit in. Again, if you can't see the difference between that and attempting to violently subvert the constitution I can't help that.

What a crock of revisionist history.

Do those look like sit ins to you? By your logic, they should all be arrested for sedition, especially those last ones who
disrupted the process of the Senate. Do you agree, or are you a demonstrable hypocrite?

No, calling someone a traitor for no cause would be, but again, attempted violent subversion of government is Almost literally the definition of the word. Yes, I'm the one lacking nuance here for sure.
Granny with her American flag sure demonstrated a “violent subversion of government. I already posted the Greenwald quote about how they didn’t attempt a coup or a subversion, but I’m sure you’re going to peddle the pearl-clutching lie that they did until the end of time.
Nope, just calling it like I see it. If you want to subvert our democratic institutions because you don't like the results of an election, if you walk hand in hand with seditionists, if you participate in a coup on behalf of a two bit grifter narcissist and are too dumb to see past the cult of personality and see it for what it is, yes you are the worst of this society and a bottom feeder, and a t a minimum need your head checked and someone to explain reality to you.

At least I can get through a single post on here without insulting people I disagree with for having ideas different than I do.

What does this even mean?

"no your honor, I didn't participate in the armed robbery, though I showed up with the robbers, planned to be there beforehand, and also yelled at the bank patrons to get on the ground. But I didn't wave a gun around, so I'm innocent of any and all wrongdoing"

Pot, meet kettle when it comes to context.

Yes I'm wrong for wanting to uphold our national institutions. Waving a flag around means jack shit if you don't support what that flag stands for.
Probably the only thing I can agree with in this post, except I believe labeling elderly ladies terrorists for their civil disobedience just because some masked person elsewhere in their crowd had a pipe bomb is absolutely not what our flag stands for.

Good riddance.

Last edited:
Like the band?

From wikipedia for those who dont know - Dead Kennedys' lyrics were usually political in nature, satirizing establishment political figures and authority in general, as well as popular culture and even the punk movement itself.
Just a little surprised the band that wrote police truck is retweeting the FBI. They do hate nazis though so I can see their motivation to bring the capitol terrorists to justice.

Just a little surprised the band that wrote police truck is retweeting the FBI. They do hate nazis though so I can see their motivation to bring the capitol terrorists to justice.
I do think it’s funny how my team was like fuck the cops. Now they are like THEY KILLED A COP! And the other team was like thin blue line bro! And now they are like whatever! Revolution!

I do think it’s funny how my team was like fuck the cops. Now they are like THEY KILLED A COP! And the other team was like thin blue line bro! And now they are like whatever! Revolution!
This is why having a "team" is dumb. It's easier and more morally sound to just be anti authoritarian, be it cops abusing their authority (in which case fuck those cops in particular), or a bunch of crazed nationalist pieces of shit who don't mind murdering people with fire extinguishers becasue they can't handle thier loser conman leader losing an election.

This is why having a "team" is dumb. It's easier and more morally sound to just be anti authoritarian, be it cops abusing their authority (in which case fuck those cops in particular), or a bunch of crazed nationalist pieces of shit who don't mind murdering people with fire extinguishers becasue they can't handle thier loser conman leader losing an election.
You can’t fix anything if you don’t have a team. My beliefs align with the dem platform. So that’s who I’ll elect. If someone else has a better platform then I’ll vote for them. But at no time in my life has the other platform been agreeable to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom