Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t see much different between what happened yesterday and the riots that happened most of last year.

I love the irony of how okay it was for protestors to invade the Senate offices during the Kavanaugh hearings to shout and yell to force a vote against him, disrupting their work, but now invading the Capital to shout and yell to force a vote against election results, disrupting their work, is something so heinous. Those who vandalized property and committed violence should be arrested, but calling everyone who entered the Capital a terrorist is ridiculous.

Attachments

• 05AB1BD1-6890-49C0-BB0F-E19A78611580.jpeg
    05AB1BD1-6890-49C0-BB0F-E19A78611580.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 16
Pardon every federal inmate regardless of their crime, poke the North Korea and Iran bear, move the entire military somewhere entirely ridiculous. All things Trump could do to fuck with Joe. Or.... Get Joe on the phone and negotiate a peaceful resignation with a legit pardon caveat. I'm hoping for number 2 but scorched earth seems more his style.

I really don’t see much different between what happened yesterday and the riots that happened most of last year.

I love the irony of how okay it was for protestors to invade the Senate offices during the Kavanaugh hearings to shout and yell to force a vote against him, disrupting their work, but now invading the Capital to shout and yell to force a vote against election results, disrupting their work, is something so heinous. Those who vandalized property and committed violence should be arrested, but calling everyone who entered the Capital a terrorist is ridiculous.
Right you are sir. Usual double standard from the left.

And how many times did we have to endure the media describe the riots of the summer as “mostly peaceful “? How often did you hear that phrase this week? I believe in personal responsibility and owning your own actions. I am sick though of the blatant hypocrisy.

Pardon every federal inmate regardless of their crime, poke the North Korea and Iran bear, move the entire military somewhere entirely ridiculous. All things Trump could do to fuck with Joe. Or.... Get Joe on the phone and negotiate a peaceful resignation with a legit pardon caveat. I'm hoping for number 2 but scorched earth seems more his style.
Doubt a sweeping pardon like this would hold up in court. He’d have to pardon them all by name and that would take months to prepare.

I’ll do you one better with a video compilation:

I love how most of the quotes by talking heads on there apply directly to what happened yesterday, especially that Don Lemon quote at the end.

This Cuomo quote too:

“People will judge it, that’s fine, you should also judge the Boston Tea Party,” he continued. “You should also judge what happened in the 60s that led to the civil rights…most of the major movements in American history have started at the grassroots level and at some point have turned into direct conflict with the American government.”

The hypocrisy is just staggering, and what’s worse are those attempting to justify it.

When you claimed you would have been a nazi killer during WW2 I mistook you for John Wick. I now realize you are one of the Inglorious Basterds. Seriously after reading your ramblings I fear your are literally insane. Please tell me you are a controller wannabe and have not actually passed an FAA psych test.
I'm actually God

Doubt a sweeping pardon like this would hold up in court. He’d have to pardon them all by name and that would take months to prepare.
Takes one sweep of the pen. Only debate on Pardon power is self pardon. All he would need is a full roster of federal inmates plus anyone currently charged or even being investigated and bam ya'll is free. A la Nixon "all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974"

Takes one sweep of the pen. Only debate on Pardon power is self pardon. All he would need is a full roster of federal inmates plus anyone currently charged or even being investigated and bam ya'll is free. A la Nixon "all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974"
Interesting, sounds like a real shit sandwich. Turns out there are consequences for electing a mentally unstable man child as president.

Interesting, sounds like a real shit sandwich. Turns out there are consequences for electing a mentally unstable man child as president.
Appears it just happened, so we shall see

Haha! Not saying that he should do it. Just that he could. Wouldn't be remotely surprising from him.

Or.... Get Joe on the phone and negotiate a peaceful resignation with a legit pardon caveat. I'm hoping for number 2 but scorched earth seems more his style.
It would make more sense for him to resign in exchange for a pardon from Pence, but it'll never happen. Ford pardoned Nixon after Nixon resigned and it was one of the worst and most controversial moves of his presidency. Neither Biden nor Pence are gonna take that kind of political risk for a guy they both barely seem to be able to tolerate.

I knew the right wingers would show up but holy shit was it worse than I thought
And apparently they need a civics lesson, especially as to what constitutes civil disobedience and what is an act of sedition and an attempted coup and why those things are very different.

Mind blowing to me all these dyed in the wool, true blue, law and order patriots can't figure out why that was bad.

I guess I do need a lesson as to why that elderly lady in the picture is guilty of sedition, because I sure don’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom