Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in 2020 is it controversial for federal law enforcement to protect federal buildings subjected to violent anarchist riots for 57 straight nights. Lol but let's make it into a political controversy because Ted Wheeler would rather let the place burn beyind recognition. They fucking blinded 3 officers w lasers. Animals.

As for Legend, federal law enforcement have obviously been working within cities to enforce federal law for decades. Only in 2020 is it controversial. Just like every other fucking thing is controversial. Unless you're willing to stand up to the mob and call bullshit, cuz theres ton of it going on.
They got fugging border patrol doing it

Only in 2020 is it controversial for federal law enforcement to protect federal buildings subjected to violent anarchist riots for 57 straight nights. Lol but let's make it into a political controversy because Ted Wheeler would rather let the place burn beyind recognition. They fucking blinded 3 officers w lasers. Animals.

As for Legend, federal law enforcement have obviously been working within cities to enforce federal law for decades. Only in 2020 is it controversial. Just like every other fucking thing is controversial. Unless you're willing to stand up to the mob and call bullshit, cuz theres ton of it going on.
Ya sorry not sorry I have a problem with PMCs operating in American streets to quell people's first amendment rights. Ya that kids skateboard is gonna do a lot of damage to that brick building. Obviously violence is not the answer but the feds ramping up tactics and using unmarked vans filled with unidentified goons to black bag people off the streets isn't going to make people less pissed.

If the cities' governments don't want them there, they shouldn't be there, or is that somehow counter to your little government/states' rights worldview in some way I'm not seeing?

You should do some reading on foucault's boomerang theory and view it thru the lense of America the last 20 years or so.

Leaf blower go brrrrrrrr

It’s like jade helm but it’s actually real.
Maybe you aren't so bad..... Jury is still out, will have to wait and see.

To me that's an acceptable level of risk.

Just a friendly reminder for those of you who have forgotten: you are not allowed to choose for yourself what is an acceptable level of risk. You must leave that to random internet people on Facebook or Twitter or .65.

I'll know if they get sick and can take the proper precautions

This is the precise conundrum we are facing, because no, you most likely won't know if they-or you- get sick. At this point all it takes to be considered sick is to have the virus- it doesn't require being symptomatic. Hence why having no symptoms of illness still requires a mask, 6 feet of distance between others, travel ban/quarantine requirements to enter certain states, etc.

To find out they found out about the protest on tik tok?
You never know who you end up grabbing. Maybe it was a "protest" organizer and through questioning they gain information on other planned protests, or maybe it was just an unlucky soccer mom who thought they could get away with some vandalism to federal property. Not everyone grabbed up will lead to any information, but maybe some will.

I have also seen some speculation that the "random" people being grabbed off the street are undercover and being pulled out of whatever situation is happening. I'm sure there are a million scenarios of what could be going on, but intelligence was just my initial guess based on the current situation.

Gov overreach is a very real thing, Andy Tifa is a knob slobber but they shouldn't be subjected to the Federal government abducting dudes like when we used to do BATS/HIIDES snatches in country.
I agree to an extent, but shouldn't domestic terrorism be treated equal to foreign terrorism?

I'm not saying the things happening in Portland are considered domestic terrorism or not, but if that is what the feds are calling it then that is probably going to be their justification.

If the cities' governments don't want them there, they shouldn't be there, or is that somehow counter to your little government/states' rights worldview in some way I'm not seeing?

Lol @ you projecting a states rights argument onto me that I have never made. You're mind is corrupted so badly with hate that you're openly advocating for American cities to be destroyed. Just as lomg your city doesnt burn and your family doesn't live in the riot zone for going on 60 days now.

"Sorry honey I have to go work the mid. Our mayor doesnt believe our city should be protected, let them blow off steam and burn and destroy. Whatever happens, federal law enforcement sure as shit better not come.protect you, because that doesnt fit my politics. At least I'll be making 10% premium and we can always buy new windows. If the kid gets traumatized oh well it's for the greater social good"

Who cares what agency they work for? If they're empowered to enforce federal law what's the problem? You want all the federal buildings in PDX to burn?

you’re missing the minor details that until the feds showed up Portland had been calm since mid-June. Still protests going on, but the rioting and fires were over with. The Feds showed, started doing unconstitutional shit like arresting people blocks away from any federal property when no crime had been committed, and escalated the situation again with the courthouse fire being retaliation. Here’s a couple of DHS guys saying the quiet part out loud:Two DHS Officials Apparently Just Admitted Their Troops Have Been Violating the Constitution. I’m sure you won’t care though because you cherry pick the constitution more than evangelicals do the Bible.

Don’t forget “mostly peaceful “ protests

Yes. Full of disgruntled honor students who regularly do volunteer work and are active in their church congregations. Super passionate about the constitution and civics. Enhancing the community, never diminishing.

Not the types who would stone others, blind them w lasers, throw urine and feces, destroy property, commit arson, assault others who disagree at will, surround vehicles and terrorize families, shoot commercial grade fireworks at others, hurl deadly rocks/bricks at others. No, because no one would defend those type of people that would be bad. Not even on this forum. These people are "mostly peaceful" you're right. So why would there even need to be law enforcement! I take down my comments. Shall be stricken from the record your honor.

I agree to an extent, but shouldn't domestic terrorism be treated equal to foreign terrorism?

I'm not saying the things happening in Portland are considered domestic terrorism or not, but if that is what the feds are calling it then that is probably going to be their justification.

I believe that an individual is responsible for their own safety and security of their property, the Supreme Court has already ruled multiple times that the police aren't responsible for a person's safety.

With that being said, the concept of domestic terrorism is a hard one to nail down when it comes to home politics and citizens. The definition is left to the power exercising the authority over the domestic terrorists themselves. I don't trust the government to be able to aptly define a domestic terrorist without it being a means to an end.

Adolf Hitler painted the Jews as domestic terrorists.

Theoneste Bagosora painted the Tutsi as domestic terrorists.

They were both national powers. In the Portland instance, both the state and local leadership do not want federal authority involved, despite whatever property is involved it's the state and local responsible for the damages so let them do their thing.

So hence, abducting citizens with the Border Patrol Tactical Units in a state that isn't on a border and doesn't have a major port near Portland is an overreach.

I believe that an individual is responsible for their own safety and security of their property, the Supreme Court has already ruled multiple times that the police aren't responsible for a person's safety.

With that being said, the concept of domestic terrorism is a hard one to nail down when it comes to home politics and citizens. The definition is left to the power exercising the authority over the domestic terrorists themselves. I don't trust the government to be able to aptly define a domestic terrorist without it being a means to an end.

Adolf Hitler painted the Jews as domestic terrorists.

Theoneste Bagosora painted the Tutsi as domestic terrorists.

They were both national powers. In the Portland instance, both the state and local leadership do not want federal authority involved, despite whatever property is involved it's the state and local responsible for the damages so let them do their thing.

So hence, abducting citizens with the Border Patrol Tactical Units in a state that isn't on a border and doesn't have a major port near Portland is an overreach.

Do you think "federal laws" should not exist? Theyve been passed by Congress and signed by Presidents. Theyve survived judicial review and appeals. Therefore enforcing them is legal. A state trooper or deputy sherriff or city cop has no jurisdiction to enforce federal law. Hence all of the losing court cases when the Sheriff Arpaio's of the world try to play CBP officers.

Do u think Mayor Ted Wheeler has the authority to bar a president from their city, because as you say "the state and local do not want the feds"? There is ever increasingly extreme things being said and done in 2020.

I think its CRAZY as hell, but federal courts have even ruled that CBP officers are allowed to enact "immigration checkpoints" within 100 miles of the border. That's been happening for decades too. Border Patrol conducting vehicle stops within the contiguous USA, merely to query on citizenship status (not because laws are being violated left and right like un PDX). Only now when ppl dont like the politics is it an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think "federal laws" should not exist? Theyve been passed by Congress and signed by Presidents. Theyve survived judicial review and appeals. Therefore enforcing them is legal. A state trooper or deputy sherriff or city cop has no jurisdiction to enforce federal law. Hence all of the losing court cases when the Sheriff Arpaio's of the world try to play CBP officers.

Do u think Mayor Ted Wheeler has the authority to bar a president from their city, because as you say "the state and local do not want the feds"? There is ever increasingly extreme things being said and done in 2020.

I think its CRAZY as hell, but federal courts have even ruled that CBP officers are allowed to enact "immigration checkpoints" within 100 miles of the border. That's been happening for decades too. Border Patrol conducting vehicle stops within the contiguous USA, merely to query on citizenship status (not because laws are being violated left and right like un PDX). Only now when ppl dont like the politics is it an issue.

Something isn't legal just because it was passed by the legislature and the President.

The CBP teams were operating away from federal property and out of their jurisdiction, they've admitted to violating constitutional rights.

Federal, as well as state, and local powers are all subject to the constitutional rights every Ametican has. Whether they've committed a crime or not, even then they're innocent until proven guily as supported by the 5th and 14th amendements for due process.

Lol @ you projecting a states rights argument onto me that I have never made.

Okay so your "woah is me I'm just a principled conservative" persecution complex is a farce. Got it. Does kiwi boot polish actually taste like kiwis? Asking for a friend.

Not even gonna justify the rest of that nonsense with a response aside from saying authoritarian crackdowns in American steets will never have my support. If wanting my country to do better for all its residents makes me hateful in your book so be it. You better believe if this was happening in my city I'd have something to say about it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom