Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to compare countries with <1/4 of the population of the US enforcing different laws though. European countries all have their own crime issues as well, they aren't without issues.

I enjoyed LivePD a lot, especially when Pasco County was on because it was near where I lived at the time. You have all kinds of people screaming at how cops unjustifiably arrest people but LivePD shows exactly the kind of things they find on a normal day. Not once did they ever arrest someone who hadn't broken a law worthy of being arrested except for maybe small amounts of weed. While that doesn't necessarily address the social issues that may or may not lead to those problems, that isn't the responsibility of the cops to fix so how can they be blamed?

Other countries don’t turn their justice system into entertainment. We’re like Romans at the coliseum watching other poor schlubs take a baton for our amusement.
Oh don't get me wrong there is definitely a bread and circus aspect to the whole thing, totally agree, and ya not gonna deny I've watched an episode or two, I am a mindless heathen okie at heart after all. That was more hypothetical than anything.

It's hard to compare countries with <1/4 of the population of the US enforcing different laws though. European countries all have their own crime issues as well, they aren't without issues.

I enjoyed LivePD a lot, especially when Pasco County was on because it was near where I lived at the time. You have all kinds of people screaming at how cops unjustifiably arrest people but LivePD shows exactly the kind of things they find on a normal day. Not once did they ever arrest someone who hadn't broken a law worthy of being arrested except for maybe small amounts of weed. While that doesn't necessarily address the social issues that may or may not lead to those problems, that isn't the responsibility of the cops to fix so how can they be blamed?

(I say this in full acknowledgement that not all cops are bad)

Man it's crazy..... It's like if there is a publicly accesable camera videotaping actions of people in positions of authority, they don't do bad shit and abuse that authority as much. I wish there was some way to have a recording device of some sort on their person. Like a camera for their body.

Oh I got it! we can call it a body camera and make all cops wear them!

Oh don't get me wrong there is definitely a bread and circus aspect to the whole thing, totally agree, and ya not gonna deny I've watched an episode or two, I am a mindless heathen okie at heart after all. That was more hypothetical than anything.

Man it's crazy..... It's like if there is a publicly accesable camera videotaping actions of people in positions of authority, they don't do bad shit and abuse that authority as much. I wish there was some way to have a recording device of some sort on their person. Like a camera for their body.

First, we oppress our police officers with unconstitutional body cameras. Then we illegally implement masks for a fake virus. What’s next? Body cameras for all citizens? Microchips in all “vaccines”? Require those who get the Kung flu to wear something so everyone knows they’re sick? Where is the line?????????? FAUCIIIIIIIIIII

First, we oppress our police officers with unconstitutional body cameras. Then we illegally implement masks for a fake virus. What’s next? Body cameras for all citizens? Microchips in all “vaccines”? Require those who get the Kung flu to wear something so everyone knows they’re sick? Where is the line?????????? FAUCIIIIIIIIIII

How many accounts are we gonna let PushingTin have?

How many accounts are we gonna let PushingTin have?

PushingTin, TushingPin, FightingIrish2012, MakAttack71, & all the secret ones for when i get banned?

giphy.gif

There are absolutely bad cops. The problem, just like with most public service careers, is that you mostly only ever hear about the bad ones. The ones that do their job or go above and beyond are rarely ever talked about. I'm not saying they have to be praised every time, but when you only hear about the bad guys of course you're going to have a bad taste in your mouth.

How often do you hear of a controller that saved a plane from crashing or providing immaculate service getting to safety? Now how quickly do you think it would be on the news of controllers making a bad decision leading to death or serious injury?

I think body cams are a great idea. Sure, it has definitely caught some bad shit that piece of shit cops do. On the other side though, it has saved some cops asses that have had to protect themselves or others that were at first painted in a bad light i.e. shootings of suspects where news only broadcast the one angle that a weapon wasn't visible.

All of the talk about the relative level of good or bad on Cops is fine... but it has nothing to do with Live PD. Its just a show that follows Cops around. If anything it is very good to transparently show everything in the open and recorded for good. this idea that there needs to be some counterbalance or changes on how it depicts police is nonsense. Its a show. People liked it. You dont like it dont watch. The idiots who cancelled it have lost 50% of their audience from their entire network now. Well over 300 Million annually in ad revenue. There is no world where that isnt a trainwreck of stupidity and cowardice that might be guiness world Record level

I do hope A&E goes down as a result of the shooting from the hip decision to cancel Live PD right after the first protests. That type of decision making flies in the FAA and government but it can and should bury you in the private sector. It will hopefully serve as a lesson for other companies not to bow down to a mob pretending to be the majority.

Oh right, like they were going to do something stupid or against policy or illegal while on national television..... puh-lease.

right. isnt that a good thing?

do u think the Live PD haters are afraid the show was showing good cops, thus ruining their narrative? seems like your reply and the thumbs up to it from haters kinda prove that

do u think the Live PD haters are afraid the show was showing good cops, thus ruining their narrative? seems like your reply and the thumbs up to it from haters kinda prove that
I don't know that it was ruining their narrative, but I certainly know a lot of people who were getting a rise of cops beating the shit outta people which I take huge issue with.

Well they filmed the cops shoot somebody but they didn’t air it and deleted the footage.

I don't know that it was ruining their narrative, but I certainly know a lot of people who were getting a rise of cops beating the shit outta people which I take huge issue with.

i never saw anyone get the shit beaten out of them and watched every weekend lol.

Oh right, like they were going to do something stupid or against policy or illegal while on national television..... puh-lease.

yes they did. But it’s not actually live, there’s like a 20 min delay and the producers would censor out stuff when requested to hide things

Well they filmed the cops shoot somebody but they didn’t air it and deleted the footage.

yes the Austin incident is questionable for sure, but had 0 basis on the cancellation of the show. I also dont think they didnt air it as a coverup, but more as a Viewer Discretion is advised thing. they didnt know that months later all Cops would be labeled murderers and shunned. /bottom line seems to be that a lot of you guys really dont like that the show made Police look good.

The First 48 eventually got banned from major cities and ultimately cancelled because it was effecting the integrity of murder cases.

yes they did. But it’s not actually live, there’s like a 20 min delay and the producers would censor out stuff when requested to hide things

that was going to be my next thought haha.

are you sure we can't be friends?

i never saw anyone get the shit beaten out of them and watched every weekend lol.

Maybe it was cops. I dunno something about the dogs really got people excited.

yes the Austin incident is questionable for sure, but had 0 basis on the cancellation of the show. I also dont think they didnt air it as a coverup, but more as a Viewer Discretion is advised thing. they didnt know that months later all Cops would be labeled murderers and shunned. /bottom line seems to be that a lot of you guys really dont like that the show made Police look good.

The First 48 eventually got banned from major cities and ultimately cancelled because it was effecting the integrity of murder cases.
Idk if I filmed a murder I prolly wouldn’t delete it. That’s all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom