Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Privatization is the only true solution if you want to see progress. If you want to see accountability for management and scamming peers, more fair merit based transfers other then NCEPT, a tiered raise system where strong controllers get bigger raises then Blood Leave Johnny, equipment rollouts that don't take 20+ years like STARS, and more, you need to privatize. Go big or go home.
While privatization could fix all those things and more it won’t. I’ve heard getting around in the contract world is exactly the same shit, who you know. I’m gonna guess very few contract towers are very nice and modernized inside. By strong controllers getting raises do you mean the people who have the managers ear? Because I’ve known a lot of those types in my 11 years and I don’t think any of them were strong controllers.....

Privatization is the only true solution if you want to see progress. If you want to see accountability for management and scamming peers, more fair merit based transfers other then NCEPT, a tiered raise system where strong controllers get bigger raises then Blood Leave Johnny, equipment rollouts that don't take 20+ years like STARS, and more, you need to privatize. Go big or go home.
Have you ever been to a contract tower? Have you had any conversations with contract controllers?

This fantasy utopia of privatized everything doesn't lead to better outcomes for workers, never has never will, in any industry where there is a bottom line involved for a company.

Not sure how anyone can still argue for privatization when all over the world controllers are being laid off and are concerned for their job security.

Not a chance any private company would have kept me at home for 8 months paying me my full salary. Not to mention the good benefits and overall quality of work life we get.

Not sure how anyone can still argue for privatization when all over the world controllers are being laid off and are concerned for their job security.

Not a chance any private company would have kept me at home for 8 months paying me my full salary. Not to mention the good benefits and overall quality of work life we get.
Inb4 the self flaggellating begins from team non caricature Ron Swanson.

I worked contract tower and they don't give a shit about their workers. Blizzard? Too bad the FAA contract says the tower has to be open. I knew someone who spent Friday through Sunday in the tower because no one else could get there.

Enjoy the $0.25 an hour annual raise and minimal annual leave. Oh and that's a NATCA contract tower. The non union towers are even worse.

Last edited:
I worked contract tower and they don't give a shit about their workers. Blizzard? Too bad the FAA contract says the tower has to be open. I knew someone who spent Friday through Sunday in the tower because no one else could get there.

Enjoy the $0.25 an hour annual raise and minimal annual leave. Oh and that's a NATCA contract tower. The non union towers are even worse.
He probably got shafted on extra pay too I bet

Ahhh yes infighting, so excited to see how the Democrats deal with the extremists...

Anyone here have an opinion on the switch lite? I'm looking at getting one during the black friday sales and was wondering if it's worth it.

I'm not a heavy gamer or anything like that just looking for something to play on breaks, in the car on road trips, or whenever the wife gets in one of her moods.

Anyone here have an opinion on the switch lite? I'm looking at getting one during the black friday sales and was wondering if it's worth it.

I'm not a heavy gamer or anything like that just looking for something to play on breaks, in the car on road trips, or whenever the wife gets in one of her moods.
It’s good as long as you don’t want to use the TV. Better battery life than the standard if I remember correctly. I personally always use the pro controller instead of the joy cons and almost always have it on my TV. Zelda is awesome. Breath of the wild and the remake of links awakening (right title?).

“Shoot the breeze”??? When did this happen? Isn’t there some sort of survey function on this website where we can vote on the name change? If there is one, my vote goes to “shoot the load”

Twas the undercover mod CF
This how it went down:
Super Salt: Hey MJ can we change the name it’s offensive
MJ: No. You made the name now you live with it.
Super Salt: Cmon I thought mods were supposed to be a unit!
MJ: Suck my unit

And then SS changed it anyways

This how it went down:
Super Salt: Hey MJ can we change the name it’s offensive
MJ: No. You made the name now you live with it.
Super Salt: Cmon I thought mods were supposed to be a unit!
MJ: Suck my unit

And then SS changed it anyways
Where'd you hide the cameras?!

Occasionally I'll search the site on google to see what pops up, and this thread was a top result. I don't like it being the face of the site. It's bad enough its lived on the front page forever. Much less drama than hoped for, I know.

Occasionally I'll search the site on google to see what pops up, and this thread was a top result. I don't like it being the face of the site. It's bad enough its lived on the front page forever. Much less drama than hoped for, I know.
I keep saying you should keep the scratch pad crap from bumping onto the front page(not sure the site is set up for that). Most of it is useless banter that doesn’t actually contribute to the sites mission. Just my humble opinion.

I personally think the general public needs to know how retarded most of us are.

All in all, truthfully while it being the most popular thread as of late I honestly think it should be knee capped in favor of the new hire thread (read open source and prior experience(read:useless))

This site is suppose to help people despite 32 and Salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom