Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a fairly absolute statement. I know plenty of controllers who are being very cautious right now. Way more than aren’t. Sure some assholes are being careless but you can’t do shit about that.

There is no reasoning with either of them. They are convinced that everybody is bar hopping and going to orgy parties and that anyone who is against them is against all trainees.

Lowe’s is hiring then you can get discounts to knock out projects over the next year while we continue not to train
I dunno bout Lowe’s but Home Depot employees don’t get no discounts. Contractors would hire a young guy who would only work for them 2 days a week and part time for Home Depot 3 days a week. On the two days he worked for the contractor, he would just be coming in and buying thousands in supplies with the discount. That’s why Home Depot stopped giving discounts. Pretty smart for the contractor. So I would think Lowe’s does the same.

There is no such thing as scamming hardships so long as NCEPT is in place. One’s gotta do what ones gotta do. If you can find a way out of a shit place to somewhere better more power to you says I.

It’s almost like if the FAA would go back to just letting people go where they wanted to, or gave them the option to return home that there wouldn’t be nearly as many hardships. Shocking I know, sometimes my genius frightens even me.

It’s almost like if the FAA would go back to just letting people go where they wanted to, or gave them the option to return home that there wouldn’t be nearly as many hardships. Shocking I know, sometimes my genius frightens even me.
That’s a good thought but the population density wouldn’t allow that to happen. Somebody has to sit next to PushingTin and MnSalty in bumfuck Midwest USA while they go off on their conspiracy theories for 8 hours

That’s a good thought but the population density wouldn’t allow that to happen. Somebody has to sit next to PushingTin and MnSalty in bumfuck Midwest USA while they go off on their conspiracy theories for 8 hours

I want to ERR to mnsalty s level 4 tower. Its beautiful there. Will just need a permanent GoFundMe to afford my drinking

But it did happen, that’s what sucks. The agency used to hire folks from specific regions, when you went to OKC you knew exactly where you were going the entire time. You would be in a class with folks from your facility, and then they stopped I believe because places in higher COL areas like CA and NY weren’t getting enough folks. Heck, I remember when the agency used to give people 2 or 3 options per person. Even that would be better than this new system they seem to have of 1 slot per person and dropping options off the list as folks fail out. Talk about a gut wrenching experience.

But it did happen, that’s what sucks. The agency used to hire folks from specific regions, when you went to OKC you knew exactly where you were going the entire time. You would be in a class with folks from your facility, and then they stopped I believe because places in higher COL areas like CA and NY weren’t getting enough folks. Heck, I remember when the agency used to give people 2 or 3 options per person. Even that would be better than this new system they seem to have of 1 slot per person and dropping options off the list as folks fail out. Talk about a gut wrenching experience.

when I got hired you had to pick 2 states and hope those states had a facility that was looking for people that year. That’s the only reason I picked NY, figured it was a guaranteed way to get hired and I could transfer later.

when I got hired you had to pick 2 states and hope those states had a facility that was looking for people that year. That’s the only reason I picked NY, figured it was a guaranteed way to get hired and I could transfer later.

Even that is better than the current system. Too bad this is the FAA and they don’t listen to logic or reason.

I was just talking to my wife about wishing we owned since I’d have lots of extra time to do shit with this schedule. Discount on hardware would be a bonus.
I’ve put in flooring, light fixtures, a fan and a lawn since this started

Even that is better than the current system. Too bad this is the FAA and they don’t listen to logic or reason.

Well, that system also had a lot of flaws in it. You had two groups. You had those who genuinely listed the states they were willing to go to and then you had those who just wanted the job and didn't really care where they went. It was a constant flow of:

-I heard Texas will be picking up 50 this round.
-Does anyone know how many people usually put in for Montana?
-I'm just going to put down Florida and California because they have tons of facilities.

I do remember back on StuckMic there was some girl who got picked up for I think ZDC. Either way, she didn't want to go wherever she got picked up for. So, she took the gamble and turned it down. I mean, in her defense, there was a rolling CTI bid and multiple OTS bids when she did this. But, the OTS bids slowed down and she turned 31. I think at the end of the day, the same thing applies...if you really want it then you go where they send you and try to figure it out after you checkout.

Oh and in terms of staffing. It hurt facilities when people washed out at OKC. If you washed out then you washed out. There was no taking someone else from another facility. That spot was used and gone. Better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom