Shutdown Watch - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logical_Mongoose

Forum Sage
will ferrell anchorman GIF

Here we go again. Start stretching now; don't know if it will be a sprint or a marathon, but you don't wanna pull anything regardless.

https://thehill.com/newsletters/business-economy/4180036-house-gop-touts-shutdown-threat/

I'm not surprised at all by it, but it is somewhat hilarious to read this Republican saying the quiet part out loud: "Rep. Bob Good (R-Va.) also applied pressure in a recent interview, arguing “85 percent or so of the government continues to operate, and most Americans won’t even miss it.”"

He's saying it's not that big of a deal to shut the government down because y'all still have to show up without getting paid. Wonder what airport he flies in and out of...

Woke republicans trying to destroy America again. Shocking stuff.

Oh wow, shocking. It’s almost like the opposing party of the current sitting president doesn’t do this each time. Let’s post an article to get controllers pissed off at the party they don’t support yay.

Also, lol at getting viable news from The Hill.
Or republicans just can’t govern. But cope however you want

Wow, I might be sick a lot this time
It means you use leave like normal, compared to before, when instead of using leave you were considered furloughed, and then got paid for the furlough without having to actually use leave. So if you're "sick" during a shutdown now, you are using real sick leave.

They made it so it's normal ops during shutdowns now. Except we just get paid later.

No they literally didn’t. trumps shutdown was about his stupid wall scam.
You may the most delusional person here when it comes to politics. Idk whether to pat you on the head and say “it’s okay lil buddy, not all of us understand” or feel totally bad for you.

Whatever happened to the bill NATCA pushed for that protected us from government shutdowns?
It’s NATCA, so it probably didn’t go anywhere and failed.

You may the most delusional person here when it comes to politics. Idk whether to pat you on the head and say “it’s okay lil buddy, not all of us understand” or feel totally bad for you.

Yeah obv.. was wondering where it failed at. Guess ill do the work myself and find out ha.

Republicans literally want to get rid of federal employees. Why would I support them? They are too busy fighting culture wars banning people from wearing rainbows or drinking bud light.

It means you use leave like normal, compared to before, when instead of using leave you were considered furloughed, and then got paid for the furlough without having to actually use leave. So if you're "sick" during a shutdown now, you are using real sick leave.

They made it so it's normal ops during shutdowns now. Except we just get paid later.
Incorrect. The leave isn't deducted from your bank. The law makes it so that the leave you take keeps you in a paid status for the purposes of backpay. As opposed to before the law, where not coming to work put you in a furlough (or awol) status and didn't guarantee any pay.

EDIT: I'm a bit wrong. The law allows you to convert sick leave to furlough and furlough is now automatically back paid

Last edited:
No they literally didn’t. trumps shutdown was about his stupid wall scam.
Bahaha but but but it was about Trump’s wall…. My team was fighting for whats good and righteous. Rachel Maddow I am right here with you. I am your biggest fan.

Your responses are so predictable it really is sad. NPCish

what are the odds the FAA survives another shutdown? Feels like an unrecoverable situation with the inevitable resignations

what are the odds the FAA survives another shutdown? Feels like an unrecoverable situation with the inevitable resignations
It will continue to slow move, as long as you have 10000+ applicants per announcement (excluding prior experience) then things will be deemed a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom