Shutdown Watch - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the dates of this “shut down”?
Currently slated for the end of September

CR is still a possibility; but there seems to be enough solidarity amongst the far-right representatives (namely the House Freedom Caucus members) to shut the government down that House Speaker McCarthy would have to gain Democratic support for a CR. And if that happens then the far-right representatives will likely move to remove him from his Speaker position, as that was a concession they got from him in order to support him as Speaker in the first place.

If you’re still a Republican an explicit supporter of either party at this point, you’re either a bad person or a stupid person.

They offer no solutions, obstruct, waste money, and have been the reason for nearly every shutdown we’ve had recently - either by their own actions or their outlandish demands being uncompromisable.
FTFY

If you’re still a Republican at this point, you’re either a bad person or a stupid person.

They offer no solutions, obstruct, waste money, and have been the reason for nearly every shutdown we’ve had recently - either by their own actions or their outlandish demands being uncompromisable. This shutdown, if it happens, will only hurt their own successes in the upcoming election, so I’m sure they’ll cave at a point.

Their fanbase on here will say "its not about the money" or the job or whatever. 35 day shutdown? Theyll overlook it. Hunter Biden though?!!? Real Shit. Benghazi !?! Yeah there should be hearings and the FBI should be involved. Trump trying to steal the election? FBI is corrupt and shouldnt be using my tax payer money to investigate.

This shutdown is over the wall again and trying to cut funding to programs that help Americans like usual. Their party lost the majority vote with Trump, lost it with Bush the first term. 9/11 boosted him for the 2nd. The electoral college and gerrymandering is the only thing keeping their party relevant. They don't care about any issues that actually help the US. Most of them are old and won't change. "Make America Great Again" because they want to right to hang black people again and treating anyone that isn't white like a 2nd class citizen without the repercussions.

I just find it amusing how they cant criticize their party or they get ostracized. It's a cult at this point.

Most of them are old and won't change.
Statistically speaking, Republicans in both the House and Senate are younger on average than Democrats.
1693580239390.png
I thought median age might skew dramatically younger for Democrats as they have a handful of old-as-dust members that I thought would skew their numbers, but Republicans are still a bit younger even from the median breakdown.
Yeah, I’m not suggesting to shill for the Dems either but there isn’t a blind passion for them like the Republicans have. If Joe Biden was being accused and indicted like Trump has been, 7 out of 9 candidates wouldn’t still vouch to support him like the R’s did at the debate. Pure lunacy.
There might not be as much blind passion, but there is definitely still as much blind loyalty.

Yeah, I’m not suggesting to shill for the Dems either but there isn’t a blind passion for them like the Republicans have. If Joe Biden was being accused and indicted like Trump has been, 7 out of 9 candidates wouldn’t still vouch to support him like the R’s did at the debate. Pure lunacy.
You’re using your own word in your own definition.

They say all this stuff about hunter like dems give a shit about hunter. They just don’t get it. No one gives a shit about hunter. Every year the republicans make these weird voodoo dolls that they just won’t shut up about. Hillary, Hunter, Kamala.

Statistically speaking, Republicans in both the House and Senate are younger on average than Democrats.
View attachment 8727
I thought median age might skew dramatically younger for Democrats as they have a handful of old-as-dust members that I thought would skew their numbers, but Republicans are still a bit younger even from the median breakdown.

There might not be as much blind passion, but there is definitely still as much blind loyalty.

I meant age of their voters. It's why Ramaswamy proposed raising the voting age to 25. The younger you are, the less likely you're voting Republican. Millennials aren't becoming more conservative as they age which also bucks the trend.

18-29 year olds depending on the exit poll voted about 15-20% more for Biden than Trump.
65+ voted slightly more for Trump.

Probably why you see these loudmouth young congressmen/women on the Republican side now. Trying to stir up young voters on the R side.

They say all this stuff about hunter like dems give a shit about hunter. They just don’t get it. No one gives a shit about hunter. Every year the republicans make these weird voodoo dolls that they just won’t shut up about. Hillary, Hunter, Kamala.
The head of the party that you worship is a senile pedophile who showered with his own daughter and literally sold himself to the Chinese. Grow up. Washington is a cesspool of rot and power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Every year the republicans Republicans and Democrats make these weird voodoo dolls that they just won’t shut up about.
FTFY.

You can try to make the argument that Democrat's voodoo dolls are "valiant causes" like abortion and trans rights and unions, but you'll be playing yourself; so do yourself a favor and stop thinking your jihad is any more righteous and just than their jihad when you "vote blue no matter who."

The DNC has been and will continue to be happily complacent playing the victim and feigning helplessness when in power so they never have to do anything and can continue to fundraise off those issues for as long as possible. And any "victory" is incremental and managed decline at best. "New and improved circus, now with 4% more bread!"

They're literally trying to take a MASSIVE victory lap right now for the government being able to negotiate the price of... 10 drugs... starting 3 years from now.

And the White House is still trying to spin "Bidenomics" like it's a good thing. National credit card debt passed $1 Trillion this past quarter, auto loan debt just passed $1.5 Trillion, and 40% of American's under 30 can't buy a house without some form of generational wealth being given to them for the down payment. But that jobs report, right?!

And they'll likely start taking a victory lap on college campuses soon for "improving" the income-based student loan repayment plan (instead of loan forgiveness and college pricing reform) and moving weed to a Schedule III drug (instead of descheduling altogether). "Don't worry kids, now you'll only owe a set percentage of your poverty wages for the rest of your life and you can ease that pain with the Purdue Pharma's newest strain of sticky-icky: OxyGanja!"

The head of the party that you worship is a senile pedophile who showered with his own daughter and literally sold himself to the Chinese. Grow up. Washington is a cesspool of rot and power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So you're one of the ring wing nuts that spread stories that have never been proven. Everything we know about "the diary" has come from a ring wing blog/Project Veritas. Great source.

I'd also like to know how Biden sold himself to China? Because the whole EV push moves battery production to the US and tries to end any dependency on batteries from China. Oh wait, you got your claim from Fox News, the "news" agency that went to court and said that their on air personalities are entertainers and can't be held countable for what they say.

Bro, stop drinking the koolaid with your dumbass "dont tread on me" when you dont even believe in what the 2nd amendment says.

Last edited:
So you're one of the ring wing nuts that spread stories that have never been proven. Everything we know about "the diary" has come from a ring wing blog/Project Veritas. Great source.

I'd also like to know how Biden sold himself to China? Because the whole EV push moves battery production to the US and tries to end any dependency on batteries from China. Oh wait, you got your claim from Fox News, the "news" agency that went to court and said that their on air personalities are entertainers and can't be held countable for what they say.

Bro, stop drinking the koolaid with your dumbass "dont tread on me" when you dont even know what the 2nd amendment says.
There’s actual evidence if you stop watching CNN and Fox. Dork.

Reactions: twn
FTFY.

You can try to make the argument that Democrat's voodoo dolls are "valiant causes" like abortion and trans rights and unions, but you'll be playing yourself; so do yourself a favor and stop thinking your jihad is any more righteous and just than their jihad when you "vote blue no matter who."

The DNC has been and will continue to be happily complacent playing the victim and feigning helplessness when in power so they never have to do anything and can continue to fundraise off those issues for as long as possible. And any "victory" is incremental and managed decline at best. "New and improved circus, now with 4% more bread!"

They're literally trying to take a MASSIVE victory lap right now for the government being able to negotiate the price of... 10 drugs... starting 3 years from now.

And the White House is still trying to spin "Bidenomics" like it's a good thing. National credit card debt passed $1 Trillion this past quarter, auto loan debt just passed $1.5 Trillion, and 40% of American's under 30 can't buy a house without some form of generational wealth being given to them for the down payment. But that jobs report, right?!

And they'll likely start taking a victory lap on college campuses soon for "improving" the income-based student loan repayment plan (instead of loan forgiveness and college pricing reform) and moving weed to a Schedule III drug (instead of descheduling altogether). "Don't worry kids, now you'll only owe a set percentage of your poverty wages for the rest of your life and you can ease that pain with the Purdue Pharma's newest strain of sticky-icky: OxyGanja!"

Let me guess, youre a Libertarian.

Well played Sir, well played. Sadly I am essential *cries*
I think
Further down the question F. 2. goes into more detail. This part kind of answers your question I think but there are several paragraphs and context is probably key:

"If that off-duty time cannot be accommodated by workplace flexibilities, the excepted employee will be placed in a furlough status for any approved absence unless the employee requests to use paid leave under 31 U.S.C. 1341(c)(3). We expect that excepted employees generally will not choose to use paid leave under 31 U.S.C. 1341(c)(3) because 31 U.S.C. 1341(c)(2) provides retroactive pay for furlough periods without charge to leave."

I find it all confusing.
If you have zero hours of sick leave like a few people I know, you'd be able to call in sick and it get changed to furlough. Since leave without pay doesn't exist during a shutdown. There's the trick lol

Let me guess, youre a Libertarian.
Fuck That GIF by reactionseditor
Ted Lasso Fuck No GIF by Apple TV

But thanks for guessing.

Predominately a left populist if you're making me label it. I love the environment, drive a pickup (second vehicle is an EV), love and respect members of the LGBT community (family and childhood friends included), own plenty of guns but I believe there needs to be national and cohesive 2A laws instead of state-by-state bullshit, am somewhat ambivalent on the death penalty (mostly against, but expedited in certain circumstances), believe in both a border wall and a reformed immigration policy, believe strongly in a social safety net/welfare system but think it would be better served if it was UBI-based in some form, support ACTUAL unions, mostly agreed with the Trump Tariffs, I respect but do not trust law enforcement (especially after working in law enforcement for a decade), and I think there needs to be election reform like a universal voter-ID standard but also must include abolishing the electoral college and ending gerrymandering.

Assume my political leanings harder, daddy.

FTFY.

Lol you are literally listing policies that Biden has accomplished. Great work. Biden has been the best president in a long time and it’s not even close. Also republicans want to get rid of fed employees. They’ve said it out loud, so believe them.

Negotiating drug costs is a good thing…student loan reform is a good thing… get a grip

Negotiating drug costs is a good thing…student loan reform is a good thing…
I'm not disagreeing with that point.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION DID NOT MEASUREABLY IMPROVE THOSE SITUATIONS. THEY PASSED MILQUETOAST BULLSHIT TO BEAT THEIR CHEST ABOUT TO WIN VOTES WHILST STILL SCREWING EVERYBODY OVER WITH INCREMENTAL BULLSHIT.

I'm not disagreeing with that point.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION DID NOT MEASUREABLY IMPROVE THOSE SITUATIONS. THEY PASSED MILQUETOAST BULLSHIT TO BEAT THEIR CHEST ABOUT TO WIN VOTES WHILST STILL SCREWING EVERYBODY OVER WITH INCREMENTAL BULLSHIT.
What. They literally signed a bill to negotiate drugs. They signed infrastructure bill which is helping our facilities. Something trump always talked about but never did. You don’t have to downplay it. It is things he accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom