Sick people showing up to work

I went grocery shopping yesterday and literally everything was normal. Plenty of TP. Plenty of hand sanitizer. No crazed lines or old people fighting.

No sick people should be at work. Its reckless and irresponsible and dont work next to them. Laugh all you like until your parents or grandparents are in the ICU because certain people are obssessed w flying to NY, Chicago, LA, Seattle, Miami, wherever else every single set of RDOs on their parents buddy pass, their flight deck, etc. , then showing up w the sniffles to work next to you. While everyone says oh we could never get that here in _______ . WRONG!

Then the powers that be have the absolute AUDACITY To put up a flyer that says don't be a racist, and masks don't work. Yet on the other side of their mouth similar entities are invoking emergency money and disaster acts to order MILLIONS of N95 masks from 3M (et al), that don't work!? BULLSHIT. No one has to work next to sick people. Get them out or get the controllers full hazmat suits and a pay raise.

'Have you ever updated your mental model? When presented with new information, do you reject it, or do you compare it to what you knew before and make a new assessment? The difference between ego and truth.'

Last edited by a moderator:
masks don't work. Yet on the other side of their mouth similar entities are invoking emergency money and disaster acts to order MILLIONS of N95 masks from 3M (et al), that don't work!?

I mean most masks DON’T work for prevention (although they do help to stop an infected person from spreading it) and they’re asking people not to get the N95 mask so there’s enough for the first responders/healthcare workers. But I know I know conspiracy sounds better.

I mean most masks DON’T work for prevention (although they do help to stop an infected person from spreading it) and they’re asking people not to get the N95 mask so there’s enough for the first responders/healthcare workers. But I know I know conspiracy sounds better.
I mean just read what you wrote. They don’t work for prevention but they stop sick people from spreading it.

Wait they don’t?

we do but tower panics and slows the first guy early causing the second guy to catch up faster then if tower had just left it alone

contains the germs and particles you’re spraying out of your face holes, but doesn’t filter them all out for people breathing in through the mask. N95 means 95% filtration not 100%

^this is what I was trying to say

So wouldn’t 5 percent get out from the sick person?
The saliva and liquid droplets that contain the virus are heavy and fall on the interior of the mask. That’s why they actually recommend surgical masks instead of respirators if you’re sick. Healthcare workers need the N95 masks because they know how to get an effective seal to limit exposure, but it doesn’t fully prevent it. Regular people aren’t trained in forming an effective seal, making the mask completely ineffective and unnecessary. But they still buy into this mass hysteria and conspiracy BS.

Debating the relative effectiveness of N95 is the worst. Sell them on Ebay and use the profits to fund a few drinking benders to feel better about the collapse of the world at the hands of various China viruses!

I don’t adjust anyone on final unless approach asks or something unusual happens. If approach jams them in I’ll do my best to make it work but if not then approach can try again. No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom