Side jobs?

Quite possible it was lost in the shuffle. AFAIK current fed civilian employees pay transfers over even for your academy time. I would reach out to your HR rep with an email and a copy of the SF50 because your FOL should have the correct number on it.
Turns out that because my position is “Temporary/Part Time” status, despite working 40-60 hours a week for the last 2 years, I’m not eligible for maintaining the same rate.... ??

Turns out that because my position is “Temporary/Part Time” status, despite working 40-60 hours a week for the last 2 years, I’m not eligible for maintaining the same rate.... ??
Did they classify you as part time but give you full time hours to cut benefits? I’ve had that happen in the private sector. Super shitty

Not if it’s a 32 hour a week part time position. That’s how you’re classified and they just offer an extra shift to hit 40 a week. They get a full time employee from someone classed as p/t
I think they’d be misclassified if someone took them to court. Or everyone would do this

Damn you're doing decent. Ive been using doordash and im doing alright. I was scared to do uber eats because they dont tell you the distance and money you're getting before you accept the order right? What city are you in?
They definitely tell you distance, time, and now include expected tip as well.

So I started donating plasma for some extra scratch. $100/donation for my first 4 donations, then $50-75 each after that. Twice a week gets me an extra $5200/year, at least. Not too bad for an hour or two of my time.

Amazon Flex might be worth looking into if you're close to a city of sorts. You deliver Amazon packages with your own car in typically 3 hour blocks of time. I like it because it is more predictable than when I did Doordash. You book time blocks ahead of time and you know what the pay is for said block. Being in Indianapolis I usually book 3 hour blocks (because that's primarily what is available) and the payout is $54-60 per 3 hour block. Since I've been doing Amazon Flex it's never taken me a full 3 hours. Some days you get lucky and get a route close to the starting warehouse with 20 to 30 packages or a route that starts a bit further away with only a dozen packages. I simply prefer it for the consistency of pay not relying on tips or Doordash's pay algorithm. Also you don't need a large car or van, my 08' VW Golf fits the bill so anything larger than a Smart Car will work.

Amazon Flex might be worth looking into if you're close to a city of sorts. You deliver Amazon packages with your own car in typically 3 hour blocks of time. I like it because it is more predictable than when I did Doordash. You book time blocks ahead of time and you know what the pay is for said block. Being in Indianapolis I usually book 3 hour blocks (because that's primarily what is available) and the payout is $54-60 per 3 hour block. Since I've been doing Amazon Flex it's never taken me a full 3 hours. Some days you get lucky and get a route close to the starting warehouse with 20 to 30 packages or a route that starts a bit further away with only a dozen packages. I simply prefer it for the consistency of pay not relying on tips or Doordash's pay algorithm. Also you don't need a large car or van, my 08' VW Golf fits the bill so anything larger than a Smart Car will work.
I also have done Amazon flex and if you accept a block and when you show up, if they don’t have any packages for you, you still get paid. It’s happened to me at least 5 times already lol pretty nice

I really thought you autists would have figured this out by now but I'll go ahead and beat the fucking horse with you all about the second job thing.

Can I have a second job while twiddling my thumbs after online basics? I'm an employee of a contractor of a federal agency that has to report hours worked to the DOT so I'm probably boned anyway. Fucking 14 hour window shit is stupid. I'm unpaid jerking off in a park for 6 hours a day but that counts toward my 14 hour window...

I really thought you autists would have figured this out by now but I'll go ahead and beat the fucking horse with you all about the second job thing.

Can I have a second job while twiddling my thumbs after online basics? I'm an employee of a contractor of a federal agency that has to report hours worked to the DOT so I'm probably boned anyway. Fucking 14 hour window shit is stupid. I'm unpaid jerking off in a park for 6 hours a day but that counts toward my 14 hour window...
You fit in perfectly

Back
Top Bottom