Job Listing ST-11600802-22-LG (NAS Key West)

The post is about an open job listing or offer
Got the "not referred" email today, so apparently GulfCharlie is the only prior faa non-military guy that can apply. 10 years faa with tower and radar apparently isn't what they're looking for. Bummer, really wanted this one. Good luck to everyone that made it past the auto screeners.

Got the "not referred" email today, so apparently GulfCharlie is the only prior faa non-military guy that can apply. 10 years faa with tower and radar apparently isn't what they're looking for. Bummer, really wanted this one. Good luck to everyone that made it past the auto screeners.
You can call HR and ask, I’d be personally curious.

don’t feel bad, I couldn’t even get a call with military and FAA experience when I was bidding these jobs. Often it’s held for specific folks

Like I’ve said countless times before, these jobs that have the only competitive service requirement, if you don’t lie on the application, you’re almost guaranteed to be denied the day the bid closes. It’s unfortunate but they rarely higher people without military service, GulfCharlie is the only person I’ve heard of getting hired with these

Like I’ve said countless times before, these jobs that have the only competitive service requirement, if you don’t lie on the application, you’re almost guaranteed to be denied the day the bid closes. It’s unfortunate but they rarely higher people without military service, GulfCharlie is the only person I’ve heard of getting hired with these
My buddy somehow got picked up for 2 DOD gigs in 2019 with only low level FAA experience. First he got selected for Yuma, which I believe was open to citizens and excepted service and then he jumped ship to Ft. Hood like a month after getting to Yuma. Idk if he was able to get hired at Hood because he was no longer excepted service or not though.

So is it best to just check yes on one of the qualifying boxes regardless, just to get your app to the hiring manager? I don't have any interest in going back to the faa and would much prefer dod to a contract tower.

So is it best to just check yes on one of the qualifying boxes regardless, just to get your app to the hiring manager? I don't have any interest in going back to the faa and would much prefer dod to a contract tower.
I mean knowingly lying on a federal form is not the smartest thing to do. You can feign innocence but that’s up to you.

I mean knowingly lying on a federal form is not the smartest thing to do. You can feign innocence but that’s up to you.
Of course. Poor wording. I meant like on this one, there was one I wasn't entirely sure if I could put yes, so I put no. Maybe next time put yes if there's a chance and let them tell me to change it if it's not possible.

Of course. Poor wording. I meant like on this one, there was one I wasn't entirely sure if I could put yes, so I put no. Maybe next time put yes if there's a chance and let them tell me to change it if it's not possible.
for the ones where it asks your experience with things youre always considered an expert and this and train others on this task

I'd say the reason they pulled it is because too Manny qualified people applied. They will re write it to be specific to the guy they told will get the job. Dod is a good old boy club. my 2 cents.

Almost ANYTHING can be argued that you interpreted it this way or that way.
"Are you currently employed as a permanent competitive service employee in a Federal agency?"

If you are an FAA ATCS and you answer "yes" to this question, you are admitting that you don't know how to read the question, or don't know how to read your SF-50, or both. Or else you're deliberately lying.

"Are you currently employed as a permanent competitive service employee in a Federal agency?"

If you are an FAA ATCS and you answer "yes" to this question, you are admitting that you don't know how to read the question, or don't know how to read your SF-50, or both. Or else you're deliberately lying.
What about the OPM Interchange Agreement with faa that allows excepted service members to apply to competitive openings and vice versa?

I believe that in the email saying it was being reposted it looked like they are changing it to a GS-11 position. Unless I read it wrong. Also would you take priority in the base housing or do you have to wait a while like the military members?

Back
Top Bottom