"Survey" Aircraft Epidemic

P

PushingTin

im sick of all these "Survey" "Photo Mission" planes. WT actual F how many pictures can you take and hasnt every inch of the entire contiguous USA been surveyed by now!? Is it Bing Maps!? Is this where they get the birds eye view? The 3 eyed Raven Bran Stark cant see as much as these surveys capture. "Now we are going west. WE are heading east. We are going to work right OVER the FAF to the active RWY. WE are going to be all up in the Class, B, C , D airspace. We are going to zoom in so you can see how many chimpanzees can dance on the head of a pin from 5500'. "

These surveys are out of control, and the NVT scam "complexity formula" needs updating to account for these. How the hell do we only get 1 traffic count for 36 transmissions and 4 hours of festering in the worst spot imaginable. RIGGED as hell. Not good not nice I hate #&*@&$#^*Y$#Q surveys. They send over their flight plan and its all just gobbly gook BS. The FLM be like... did u get the info on N123 ? Yeah i see a page with a bunch of colors and lines. let me get my electron microscope out to see when they will be turning and where.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang your maps get printed in color?!? Jealous! Some of the maps are SO bad... We literally get some that instead of lines on a sectional chart we get a map where someone has used the pushpin icon/emoji and placed hundreds of them in a line and you literally cannot see anything! I just had the same thought as you the other day though... They guys cause all sort of headaches, problems, and RAs yet we're only getting one traffic count? Not fair!

These planes do suck, line work and survey work planes are worse then photo mission, I wish they could go back to the days of the "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell. When people worked for the county and checked the lines by car or hoarse if it was in the wilderness, why the fuck can't we go back to that. And the maps are hilarious when the supervisor asks you if you read it. I don't think they fly anything close to that even if you do read those. Once I brought up the map just to see what's on it and thought I was looking at it upside down, but it was correct, and the survey path was just that far off the template.

These planes do suck, line work and survey work planes are worse then photo mission, I wish they could go back to the days of the "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell.

Do you wish for the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" to play everytime there are Thunderstorms over the Great Lakes? I have an inkling the winds of November will come early this year. I guess you could call the calm before the storm "Survey Season".

the_edmund_fitzgerald_by_dureall_dtjwsu-fullview.jpg

Do you wish for the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" to play everytime there are Thunderstorms over the Great Lakes? I have an inkling the winds of November will come early this year. I guess you could call the calm before the storm "Survey Season".

the_edmund_fitzgerald_by_dureall_dtjwsu-fullview.jpg
On a different note, the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter by Great Lakes Brewing is f****** amazing!

If they’re in the way just tell them to come back another time. If it’s in the B just tell them no. I’ve never had one give me a hard time if I ask them to move or wait.

Back
Top Bottom