Terminal Class pass rate

take ELM-

ELM just released 2 to A80….

Should be in good shape if they fast track back!
You joke but honestly ELM isn't bad if you're looking to get in and out. They train em up quick over there. Kind of a revolving door. They released 3 this panel and they have 3 radar trainees that should be done probably by next panel and they'll get 2 or 3 more releases then. Plus 804 coming up in like 2ish years. Honestly one of the best options on that list. That being said, if I got picked up from ELM and could either go nest or fast track, I'm probably taking my chances in the nest. LOU #1 all day on that list though

You joke but honestly ELM isn't bad if you're looking to get in and out. They train em up quick over there. Kind of a revolving door. They released 3 this panel and they have 3 radar trainees that should be done probably by next panel and they'll get 2 or 3 more releases then. Plus 804 coming up in like 2ish years. Honestly one of the best options on that list. That being said, if I got picked up from ELM and could either go nest or fast track, I'm probably taking my chances in the nest. LOU #1 all day on that list though
When you say LOU #1, is it because it’s quick training and easier transfer to a different facility?

When you say LOU #1, is it because it’s quick training and easier transfer to a different facility?
Yep. And LOU is a decent city, decent cost of living to my knowledge. Good bit of traffic to learn on. Go in, check out quick, and move up. Honestly, the absolute best facility you can get out of the academy if your goal is to move up is DAY in my opinion. Level 4 with an easy layout, pretty much all air carriers, Class C where everything is sequenced, quick checkout, and all the old guys want to stay because they're making level 8 pay to work level 4 traffic I believe so low competition to get out. Those are the kinds of things I wish I knew as a young academy grad. My buddy got DAY and went from a no experience OTS AG to CPC in like 3 or 4 months, waiver to get CIC like 2 months later, and had a cat 1 release to a nice facility close to home within a year of showing up. If you can't get a quick checkout tower with some combo of those qualities, then I'd look at you're nicer 6 and 7 up/downs and go from there if you can get it.

Yep. And LOU is a decent city, decent cost of living to my knowledge. Good bit of traffic to learn on. Go in, check out quick, and move up. Honestly, the absolute best facility you can get out of the academy if your goal is to move up is DAY in my opinion. Level 4 with an easy layout, pretty much all air carriers, Class C where everything is sequenced, quick checkout, and all the old guys want to stay because they're making level 8 pay to work level 4 traffic I believe so low competition to get out. Those are the kinds of things I wish I knew as a young academy grad. My buddy got DAY and went from a no experience OTS AG to CPC in like 3 or 4 months, waiver to get CIC like 2 months later, and had a cat 1 release to a nice facility close to home within a year of showing up. If you can't get a quick checkout tower with some combo of those qualities, then I'd look at you're nicer 6 and 7 up/downs and go from there if you can get it.
Thank you. This really helped.

We have someone who came from LOU and really liked it, said he would go back as a SUP one day. SJC also isnt that bad, I think it would be cool

I guess we'll get that on ours on Monday. We were going to get the list today but have to wait for the previous class to select, so Monday it is. Day before PA's.
If your plan is to move then either or don’t seem like a bad choice to me. CDW is a tower only and believe me you don’t want an up/down if you want to leave. Up/down training times make it take forever to be eligible to leave (your facility needs 80% to release). Seems ELM is losing their approach which will make it easier to leave.

Back
Top Bottom